UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones’ road to redemption may have hit a speed bump as the title holder allegedly had an incident in a strip club this past April, leaving the fighter with a battery charge against him.
A report from KRQE News is stating that Jones allegedly slapped slapped a cocktail waitress at TD’s Eubank Showclub, plus Jones had allegedly also pulled the waitress onto his lap while kissing her neck.
The waitress allegedly went home and called the police to report what Jones had done, with the unnamed victim also stating that Jones had picked her up with a choke hold and touching her while the waitress asked him to stop.
James Hallinan, who is a spokesperson for Jones, would issue the following statement on the matter to KRQE News:
“Today, the media told Mr. Jones about a false accusation launched against him and that paperwork had been sent to an incorrect address. However, after receiving the documents from the press, Mr. Jones immediately went to pay the small fee, and he, and multiple witnesses, stand ready to factually refute the malicious lies being told about him to the public.”
Jones has reportedly paid a $300 cash bond to the Metro Court in New Mexico, but Jones was not arrested for the alleged incident and the warrant has been lifted.
Earlier this morning, a few tweets were sent out by Jones, proclaiming that he isn’t in any trouble:
I’m definitely not in any trouble my friend, don’t be so quick to believe everything you read on the Internet. ---- https://t.co/d3GPuRDfpb— Jon Bones Jones (@JonnyBones) July 22, 2019
I know there’s a whole bunch of people hoping for my downfall but there’s even more who are proud of me and love seeing me do well. And screw staying inside, I love this community.. excited to keep climbing, haters going to be mad when I win in December -- https://t.co/dmTH0x2Grv— Jon Bones Jones (@JonnyBones) July 22, 2019