The UFC is back in action next weekend with UFC 249, which kicks off a series of events in Jacksonville, Florida, with those other shows being UFC Fight Night: Smith vs. Teixeira and UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Harris.
MMA Junkie has obtained an email sent by the UFC to the fighters competing on those three cards, with that email detailing the companies protocol for those events, which are all being run during the coronavirus pandemic.
That protocol will include…
- The UFC will only have essential staff, fighters and their cornermen on site at the arena.
- All fighters and their cornermen will have daily medicals and other testing.
- All fighters and their cornermen will have to go through a weigh-in run through and credentials that must be worn at all times in the hotel.
- Each fighter will get an individual workout room, which comes with mat sanitizer and a personal sauna.
- The hotel’s staff will be on call 24/7 to address any concerns from the fighters or their cornermen, plus to sanitize rooms and provide room service.
- The UFC Performance Institute will provide nutritional and culinary support for the fighters.
- A medical staff will be on the premises to provide “performance related matters” like injuries or illnesses.
UFC 249 (May 9), UFC Fight Night: Smith vs. Teixeira (May 13) and UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Harris (May 16) all take place from the VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida. Fightful is providing live coverage of all the event, which post-show podcasts to follow.