A battle for number two in the MMA world wages on. Combate has seen fantastic television numbers, while trying to overcome the star power of Bellator.
Combate exploded onto the scene, with a hispanic-heavy roster, and even some star power of its own. Sexy Star, former Lucha Underground Champion, was one of three notable pro wrestlers to compete for the brand in 2019. It would appear it's paid off, as her fight was one of the most watched overall in the 2019 year.
Below are Combate Americas top five Youtube videos of 2019
- "Sexy Star" Dulce Garcia vs Mariana Ruiz (11.9M)
- María Buzaglo vs Alitzel Mariscal (1.4M)
- Anthony Avila vs Pablo Sabori (1.2M)
- Marisol Ruelas vs Corrie Ward (1.1M)
- Desiree Yanez vs Paulina Vargas (1.1M)
Some full fights are also included in Bellator, as long as the actual fight took place in the 2019 calendar year. While they didn't have any monster 10M+ videos, they had a more consistent level of high trafficked clips. All but one of their top 10 clips are on their own channel, though one also ended up on DAZN's Youtube.
There's much discussion over who is winning the battle for number 2 globally between Combate and Bellator, but at least on digital reach, the edge goes to Viacom-led Bellator.
- Douglas Lima vs Michael Page - Bellator 221 (6.6M)
- Raymond Daniels - Bellator Birmingham (5.2M)
- Nick Newell vs. Corey Browning - Bellator 225 (3.3M)
- Ryan Bader vs. Fedor KO (2.1M)
- *DAZN* Douglas Lima knocks out MVP (1.8M)
- Melvin Manhoef vs. Kent Kauppinen - Bellator 223 (1.3M)
- Derek Campos vs. Daniel Straus - Bellator 226 (1.2M)
- Patricio Pitbull vs. Juan Archuleta - Bellator 228 (1.1M)
- Jake Hager Submission Finish & Post Fight Interview (1.1M)
- Paul Daley vs. Erick Silva - Bellator 223 (1.1M)
Please credit Fightful when using this list.
- From The Web