KSI and Logan Paul have settled the score once and for all.
In a strange fight devoid of any world-class boxing , KSI narrowly escaped with a split decision over his fellow YouTuber. KSI won with two scores of 57-54 and 56-55 in favor of him while one judge had Paul winning 56-55.
There wasn't a lot of big hits, but both men did manage to land shots that sent the other to the canvas. KSI connected on a right hand behind Paul's ear that dropped him but referee Jack Reiss did not count the knockdown. Later in the fight, Paul scored a big uppercut that also dropped KSI but Reiss then deducted two points from Paul.
But as far as the event filled with experienced professional boxers, WBO super middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders and WBC lightweight champion Devin Haney made their first title defense. Saunders scored an 11th round stoppage win over Marcelo Esteban Coceres after landing a number of knockdowns prior to the end of the bout. After the fight, Saunders called out Canelo Alvarez, who is fresh off a WBO light heavyweight title win over Sergey Kovalev, to a fight.
Haney on the other hand, dominated Alfredo Santiago en route to a shutout win on the scorecards. After dropping Santiago in the middle of the fight, Haney won with scores of 120-107 across all three scorecards. This was Haney's first fight since being elevated from interim WBC titleholder to WBC champion after Vasiliy Lomachenko was announced as the WBC Franchise champion.
Here are the full results of the KSI vs. Logan Paul 2 card from the Staples Center in Los Angeles:
- KSI defeated Logan Paul by split decision 57-54, 55-56, 56-55)
- Nikita Ababiy defeated Jonathan Batista by DQ, round 1
- Devin Haney defeated Alfredo Santiago by unanimous decision (120-107, 120-107, 120-107) to retain the WBC lightweight title
- Billy Joe Saunders defeated Marcelo Esteban Coceres by KO, round 11 to retain the WBO super middleweight title
- Ronny Rios defeated Hugo Berrio by KO, round 4, 2:56
- Diego Pacheco defeated Aaron Casper by KO, round 4, 2:49
- Joshua Brueckner defeated Tyler Smith by unanimous decision (40-36, 40-36, 40-36)
- Reshat Mati defeated Cody Peterson by KO, round 2, 1:41