Dave Branch vs. Jotko
- SUP WITH THESE REFS!??! So many quick breaks and separations.
- This fight was to answer a lot of questions for Branch. It did -- he can hang.
- The fight just wasn't very good.
Frankie Edgar stops Yair Rodriguez
- We saw shades of Tyson Griffin with the kneebar attempt that Edgar said "nah" to.
- What the hell is up with Yair's cutman? No attention to that eye, and it would haunt him.
- Yair has some velocity on strikes from his back, but no damage.
- Texas can't even do the right thing without controversy. Edgar was confused about the stoppage.
- There's levels to this shit. It played out exactly as we predicted on the podcast.
- Like nine and a half months ago, it seemed like Masvidal was fighting to keep his job
- A guy who was fighting Kimbo proteges could get a UFC title shot, and that's kind of cool.
- This is a former 185'er vs. a former 155'er.
- Maia could perform like this until he's 45. He's like a knuckleballer.
- This is such a chess battle.
- I gave Masvidal the second round. He had top control, but Maia didn't threaten a finish.
- Maia cut off the far hip with his right leg as Masvidal tried to sit out
- I won't look forward to Maia vs. Woodley. Make no mistake, Maia deserves it. I just won't look forward to it.
Joanna dominates Andrade
- Jessica Andrade doesn't usually wear a rash guard, which is interesting.
- There was no other way that Andrade was or is going to beat Joanna besides slugging her, in my opinion. Might as well go for it all 5 rounds.
- Andrade doesn't try to cut Joanna off at all.
- I want to watch Joanna and Mighty Mouse have a fun, light, friendly exhibition sparring session.
- Rogan is constantly overreacting to these strikes. Joanna hasn't been hurt at all in this fight.
- Joanna's striking while moving backwards is nothing short of phenomenal.
- Joe Rogan is putting Andrade's chances of victory on a hypothetical Joanna hand break, and I can't disagree at this point.
- The handstand defense on takedowns is getting pretty prevalent.
- Cormier scouting the head dip telegraph by Andrade mid-fight is good stuff. He's incredible in the booth.
- Joanna joins Jones, Mighty Mouse, Tito, Silva, Hughes, GSP, Aldo, Rousey in defending a UFC title 5 times in a row. That's historic. Almost like a benchmark.
Stipe Mutant Miocic over JDS
- A JDS win would put him 4.5 years in between title reigns -- the longest in UFC history. Couture has the longest (Jan. 1998-Nov 2000)
- Also, Miocic is looking to tie Lesnar, Couture, Sylvia, Velasquez with two consecutive successful UFC Heavyweight title defenses.
- THAT'S IT! Miocic da legend. We have a UFC Heavyweight Champion, and HE HAS FOUGHT THREE TIMES IN A YEAR, HOSE ME DOWN.
- No, WE don't want to see Cain Velasquez getting a title shot. *I* want to see Cain Velasquez have more then one win in 3.5 years first.
Get exclusive combat sports content on Fightful Select, our premium news service! Click here to learn more.