Dave Branch vs. Jotko
- SUP WITH THESE REFS!??! So many quick breaks and separations.
- This fight was to answer a lot of questions for Branch. It did -- he can hang.
- The fight just wasn't very good.
Frankie Edgar stops Yair Rodriguez
- We saw shades of Tyson Griffin with the kneebar attempt that Edgar said "nah" to.
- What the hell is up with Yair's cutman? No attention to that eye, and it would haunt him.
- Yair has some velocity on strikes from his back, but no damage.
- Texas can't even do the right thing without controversy. Edgar was confused about the stoppage.
- There's levels to this shit. It played out exactly as we predicted on the podcast.
- Like nine and a half months ago, it seemed like Masvidal was fighting to keep his job
- A guy who was fighting Kimbo proteges could get a UFC title shot, and that's kind of cool.
- This is a former 185'er vs. a former 155'er.
- Maia could perform like this until he's 45. He's like a knuckleballer.
- This is such a chess battle.
- I gave Masvidal the second round. He had top control, but Maia didn't threaten a finish.
- Maia cut off the far hip with his right leg as Masvidal tried to sit out
- I won't look forward to Maia vs. Woodley. Make no mistake, Maia deserves it. I just won't look forward to it.
Joanna dominates Andrade
- Jessica Andrade doesn't usually wear a rash guard, which is interesting.
- There was no other way that Andrade was or is going to beat Joanna besides slugging her, in my opinion. Might as well go for it all 5 rounds.
- Andrade doesn't try to cut Joanna off at all.
- I want to watch Joanna and Mighty Mouse have a fun, light, friendly exhibition sparring session.
- Rogan is constantly overreacting to these strikes. Joanna hasn't been hurt at all in this fight.
- Joanna's striking while moving backwards is nothing short of phenomenal.
- Joe Rogan is putting Andrade's chances of victory on a hypothetical Joanna hand break, and I can't disagree at this point.
- The handstand defense on takedowns is getting pretty prevalent.
- Cormier scouting the head dip telegraph by Andrade mid-fight is good stuff. He's incredible in the booth.
- Joanna joins Jones, Mighty Mouse, Tito, Silva, Hughes, GSP, Aldo, Rousey in defending a UFC title 5 times in a row. That's historic. Almost like a benchmark.
Stipe Mutant Miocic over JDS
- A JDS win would put him 4.5 years in between title reigns -- the longest in UFC history. Couture has the longest (Jan. 1998-Nov 2000)
- Also, Miocic is looking to tie Lesnar, Couture, Sylvia, Velasquez with two consecutive successful UFC Heavyweight title defenses.
- THAT'S IT! Miocic da legend. We have a UFC Heavyweight Champion, and HE HAS FOUGHT THREE TIMES IN A YEAR, HOSE ME DOWN.
- No, WE don't want to see Cain Velasquez getting a title shot. *I* want to see Cain Velasquez have more then one win in 3.5 years first.
- From The Web