Former UFC fighter Shane Carwin hasn’t competed since a loss to former UFC Heavyweight Champion Junior Dos Santos at UFC 131 in June of 2011.
However, the MMA hiatus may be coming to an end for Carwin because he recently stated that negotiations have begun with Bellator MMA.
Carwin recently popped up on Reddit MMA and gave exclusive details on his negotiations with the Viacom owned promotion:
“So, I saw the tournament announcement and it got me pumped. I was then lurking here and saw the odds from MMA Junkie and I got even more interested. I picked up the cell and e-mailed Rich [Chou] and asked for a spot. My last Bellator negotiations went great, they were by far the most professional of all offers we were presented. I just wasn’t sure how I would be utilized and when you are old you are looking for short trajectories to great opportunities. RIZIN appealed in that way. I told Rich I will accept his last offer to me. No negotiations, no bonus vehicles I’ll just take [Rampage Jackson]’s Tesla. Lets just do this. Ball is in Scott [Coker]’s court. If you want this, let him and Bellator know. I am back in beast mode. In the last year I have trained more than I trained in my entire UFC run. I am not just strong like bull I am doing things that my Surgeon said were done. I have just recently broke my PR squat record with 575lbs at 10 reps. If you lift you know you need to have back strength to pull this off. I recently discovered CBD and that has pushed recovery into overdrive. […] [Roy] Nelson or Fedor [Emelianenko] would be fine by me. Roy needs his ass beat. He talks a lot of shit on Twitter but is a complete coward face-to-face. I’d like to showcase that on TV. When you are on social media telling the world B.S. about me and using my name to build yours but when we are face-to-face, within inches, he says nothing. Keyboard Warrior Coward. He wont get me down or keep me down if he does.”
Prior to revealing that he was negotiating with the promotion, the former UFC fighter did offer the option of being an alternate for the upcoming Bellator MMA Heavyweight World Grand Prix.
I emailed my friend @rich_chou a request to get on as an Alternate for this amazing @BellatorMMA tournament. I really can't wait to watch it either way but I am so pumped up for it I had to get my name on a list. I'd love a real title. #Bellator pic.twitter.com/jiysk6sBVb— Shane Carwin (@ShaneCarwin) November 21, 2017
Of the eight people competing in the Bellator MMA Heavyweight Grand Prix, the only one Carwin fought was Frank Mir and Carwin defeated Mir by knockout at UFC 111.
Bellator MMA has yet to comment on the claims by Carwin that they are in negotiations.