An interim 'baddest man on the planet' will be crowned this weekend.
Former title challenger Derrick Lewis will face top contender Cyril Gane in the main event of UFC 265 for the interim UFC Heavyweight Championship.
(#2) Derrick Lewis vs. (#3) Cyril Gane
Odds (via Bet MGM): Gane (-370), Lewis (+290)
Breakdown - The interim UFC Heavyweight Championship is up for grabs this weekend at UFC 265.
Former title challenger Derrick Lewis came up short in his bid for UFC gold when he lost to Daniel Cormier via submission at UFC 230 back in 2018. Since his shortcoming, Lewis would then be knocked out by former champion Junior Dos Santos is his next bout but has since gone 4-0. The 'Black Beast' has rattled off consecutive wins against Blagoy Ivanov and Ilir Latifi via decision before knocking out Alexey Oleinik and most recently Curtis Blaydes back-to-back. Lewis also has a win over current champion Francis Ngannou.
Standing across the octagon from Lewis on Saturday night is the undefeated Cyril Gane. The French-born contender has taken the UFC's premier divison to new heights since debuting back in August 2019. Gane has wins over Raphael Pessoa, Don'Tale Mayes, Tanner Boser, Junior Dos Santos, Jairzinho Rozenstruik and most recently Alexander Volkov. The 31-year old made his professional MMA debut just over three years ago and finds himself fighting for UFC gold just over 1,000 days into his career.
Pick - Gane (-370)
Rest Of Card Predictions
- (#5) Jose Aldo (-115) vs. (#9) Pedro Munhoz (-105)
Pick - Aldo (-115)
- (#5) Michael Chiesa (+100) vs. (#6) Vicente Luque (-120)
Pick - Chiesa (+100)
- (#10) Tecia Torres (-140) vs. (#12) Angela Hill (+120)
Pick - Torres (-140)
- Song Yadong (+100) vs. Casey Kenney (-120)
Pick - Yadong (+100)
- Bobby Green (+230) vs. Rafael Fiziev (-280)
Pick - Fiziev (-280)
- Vince Morales (+100) vs. Drako Rodriguez (-120)
Pick - Morales (+100)
- Alonzo Menifield (-240) vs. Ed Herman (+200)
Pick - Menifield (-240)
- Karolina Kowalkowiecz (-135) vs. Jessica Penne (+115)
Pick - Penne (+115)
- Manel Kape (-195) vs. Ode Osbourne (+165)
Pick - Kape (-195)
- Miles Johns (-210) vs. Anderson Dos Santos (+175)
Pick - Johns (-210)
- Victoria Leonardo (+100) vs. Melissa Gatto (-120)
Pick - Gatto (-120)
- Johnny Munoz (-260) vs. Jamey Simmons (+210)
Pick - Munoz (-260)
Fightful will have complete coverage of UFC 265 beginning at 6:00 p.m. ET/3:00 p.m. PT on Saturday, August 7.