A clash of surging UFC lightweight contenders is set to go down this weekend.
Top-15 lightweights top the marquee at UFC Vegas 31 this weekend when Islam Makhachev takes on Thiago Moises.
Fightful has you covered on all your betting needs ahead of this weekend's card.
(#9) Islam Makhachev vs. (#14) Thiago Moises
Odds (via Bet MGM): Makhachev (-575), Moises (+425)
Breakdown - A pair of top-15 ranked UFC lightweights look to leap into title contention with a win during the UFC Vegas 31 main event this weekend.
Russian-standout Islam Makhachev has been a betting favorite in all (9) of his previous UFC bouts and comes into this weekend's main event as the biggest betting favorite of his career (-575). The ninth-ranked contender in the UFC's shark invested 155-pound division comes into this one on a seven fight win streak, earning victories over the likes of Chris Wade, Nik Lentz, Gleison Tibau, Kajan Johnson, Arman Tsarukyan, Davi Ramos and most recently Drew Dober. The 29-year old's lone career loss came at UFC 192 in 2015 where he was KO'd by Adriano Martins in an absolutely wild bout that lasted all of 90-seconds.
The Brazilian-native Thiago Moises is a Dana White Contender Series veteran and earned himself a UFC deal with a brutal TKO of Gleidson Moraes in 2018. Moises was tossed right into the fire and made his promotional debut against Beneil Dariush where he dropped a decision against the now top ranked lightweight contender. Since his shortcoming against Dariush, Moises would drop just one more fight against Damir Ismagulov but has since rattled off 3 consecutive wins over Michael Johnson, Bobby Green and Alexander Hernandez, all of which, the 26-year old came into as a betting underdog.
Pick - Makhachev (-575)
Rest Of Card Predictions
- (#12) Marion Reneau (+110) vs. Meisha Tate (-130)
Pick - Tate (-130)
- Jeremy Stephens (+180) vs. Mateusz Gamrot (-220)
Pick - Gamrot (-220)
- Rodolfo Vieira (-230) vs. Dustin Stoltzfus (+190)
Pick - Vieira (-230)
- Gabriel Benitez (-190) vs. Billy Quarantillo (+160)
Pick - Quarantillo (+160)
- Daniel Rodriguez (-240) vs. Preston Parsons (+200)
Pick - Rodriguez (-240)
- (#14) Amanda Lemos (-500) vs. Montserrat Conejo (+380)
Pick - Lemos (-500)
- Khalid Taha (-165) vs. Sergey Morozov (+140)
Pick - Morozov (+140)
- Miles Johns (-175) vs. Anderson Dos Santos (+150)
Pick - Johns (-175)
- Francisco Figueiredo (-310) vs. Malcolm Gordon (+240)
Pick - Figueiredo (-310)
- Alan Baudot (+270) vs. Rodrigo Nascimento (-340)
Pick - Nascimento (-340)