Here is your fight size update for Friday, June 4, 2021
- Speaking with Digital Spy, Adam Pearce spoke about training Bad Bunny for his match at WrestleMania 37 and said that he could tell early on that Bad Bunny was a true fan and was going to do everything he could to make sure he did not drop the ball at WrestleMania.
"You knew instantly there was a passion for what we do beyond, 'I'm a fan, that watches Raw and Smackdown'. I never heard the word 'no' come out of his mouth and we put him through every single pace that we put anybody else through, and I pride myself on that.
"Yes, it's Bad Bunny, yes he's a worldwide superstar, yes, he's a Grammy Award winner, yes he's a celebrity and yes, he did every single thing that every other trainee, whether we knew who they were or not, did and he should take a lot of pride in that."
- According to a report in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, all pay-per-views from AEW will now be held on Sunday night, except for Full Gear which is held during football season.
- Per Heel By Nature, the poster for the upcoming In Your House event features the Million Dollar Championship, further fueling reports that Ted DiBiase will be bringing the championship back to TV soon.
- A&E released the following preview for the Bret Hart Biography, which will debut this Sunday:
- Franky Monet revealed that her dog, Presley, had to be rushed to the ER last night but is now doing better.
Very scary 24 hrs with @The_Prince_P. Had to take him to the ER last night after he showed signs of poisoning/reaction to something. What caused it the vets still don’t know but thank god he’s coming home and feeling 100%. We love you Presley and so do so many others ---- pic.twitter.com/CYMDaaEnW1— Franky Monet (@FrankyMonetWWE) June 4, 2021
- Speaking with Andrew Thompson of POST Wrestling, Jeff Jarrett said he stays ready when asked about a comeback.
"I’ve always got a guitar ready, always. So yeah, especially during the pandemic with no travel involved essentially. I double-downed on my workouts and it’s something I love. It’s almost — it’s a hobby as well, staying in shape but I love it but yeah, I will — I’ll say this: I’ve always got a guitar close by.
- Following their 60-Minute Iron Man match, Josh Alexander and TJP are now accepting bookings together.
After “Instant Classic” Potential Match of the Year, 60 Minute Iron Man Match, TJP & Josh Alexander are ready to hit the road! Exclusive Bookings Available!
After the 60 Minute Iron Man X Division Championship Match that has the wrestling world buzzing, Impact Wrestling stars TJP & “The Walking Weapon” Josh Alexander are ready to take their incredible feud on the road! This match, whether it be for the X Division Championship, a 2/3 Fall Match, Submission Match, or even a Iron Man Rematch is available, in limited form, to Independent Wrestling Promoters across the World! Meet & Greets, Photo Op’s, & Wrestling Clinics with these 2 rivals are also available. To inquire about bringing this match to your local wrestling promotion, email [email protected] NOW! Again, Limited Dates Available! Spread the word and ask your local Indy Promoter to book a TJP/Josh Alexander Rematch!
- You can check out that full Iron Man match here.
- Speaking with WrestleZone, Ted DiBiase Jr. opened up about the launch of his new venture, 16Creative, a branding agency offering help to wrestlers, athletes, and Veterans looking to expand their brands online.
“[DiBiase and former Marine David Keller] hooked up at a charity golf tournament up in Akron, Ohio, raising money for a children’s hospital up there. And so anyway David is one of the guys that was helping [Jared] manage his stuff online, and he does that for a lot of artists in Nashville and the country music scene. And we got to talking and we just really haven’t done well at all or had any success online,” DiBiase explained, “so they were like, ‘let’s talk.’ And we got to talking one day about my dad’s stuff, I’m like, ‘you know, the “Million Dollar Man” could be like a Betty White,’ and he really just needs to be revised and brought to life and really get the credit he deserves.
“And so that was the goal, was to help him really monetize his brand and the platform he built, not just monetize but promote what he’s invested in and what he’s doing today and his ministry work and the great work that he does. So it just turned into a business venture,” DiBiase said. “There are so many other guys that need this once they leave WWE or wrestling, [they say] ‘well what now?’ There’s the signings and the bookings but in this day and age, everything lives online.”
- Today, WWE stock closed at $56.83 per share.
- WWE 2K Battlegrounds is currently on sale on the Nintendo eShop.
- Jose Centella, best known as exotico Pasion Kristal, passed away on 6/2 from drowning in the Pacific Ocean while on the beach in Acapulco.
- John Silver says there's no need for a new Dark Order Leader.
The Dark Order doesn’t want or need another leader. We already had the best— John Silver (@SilverNumber1) June 3, 2021
- Check out everything you need to know before SmackDown here,
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.
- Check out the latest episode of the offer chops podcast with the former IIconics. In this episode, they talk all about road rage: