Welcome to Fightful.com's live coverage & discussion for AEW Rampage. We'll be bringing you full, fight-by-fight coverage of every match on the card. Follow us on Facebook! Facebook.com/FightfulOnline.
- AEW commentator Excalibur begins the show by stating, "It's Friday, and you know what it means." First, Excalibur says they come to us live from the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Next, Excalibur introduces his colleagues Taz, Chris Jericho, and Mark Henry.
Impact Heavyweight Championship Match
Christian Cage vs. Kenny Omega (C) (w/ Don Callis)
Christian Cage is out first, and Kenny Omega comes out second. The bell rings before they lock up. Christian Cage and Kenny Omega size each other up. Omega and Cage lock up, and Cage moves Omega to the corner. Impact Referee Brian Hebner makes Cage break the hold. Christian flips the bird to Omega after using Omega's "gun" gesture. Omega goes for the One-Winged Angel; Cage quickly counters and attempts to go for the Killswitch. Omega escapes and retreats to the outside of the ring.
Omega and Cage are back in the ring, exchanging strikes. Cage goes to the top rope; Don Callis distracts Christian Cage, and Omega pushes him off the turnbuckle, and Cage hits the ground outside the ring. They head out to the first picture-in-picture commercial break with Omega in control.
We are back from the commercial break; Cage gets a shot in on Omega. Omega then rakes the eyes of Christian Cage. Omega pushes Cage to the corner; Cage hits Omega with a sunset powerbomb from the top rope. Cage is now in control, Cage goes for the Killswitch, but Omega escapes. Omega elbows Cage to get away from him; Cage then counters and hits a reverse DDT. Omega is back up; Omega hits Christian Cage’s powerbomb.
He follows it up with a V-Trigger, Omega goes for the pin, Cage kicks out. Omega goes for another V-Trigger; Omega misses. Omega hits two snap dragon suplexes. Cage hits Omega with a frog splash; Cage goes for the pin; however, he kicks out. Callus distracts the referee, and The Young Bucks bring out a chair. Omega sets the chair up and goes for the One-Winged Angel; Cage escapes and hits the Killswitch on Omega. Cage throws the chair outside the ring and then pins Kenny Omega to become the new Impact World Champion.
Winner and New Impact World Champion: Christian Cage
- Mark Henry is backstage to interview Christian Cage. Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy are celebrating with him. Christian Cage tells Mark Henry that he is happy he is there. Cage says Omega is as advertised and one of the toughest competitors he has ever had. Meanwhile, during the entire interview, Orange Cassidy is standing in the background.
(Fuego Del Sol gets AEW contract if he wins)
Fuego Del Sol vs. Miro
Before the match begins, Fuego Del Sol hits Miro with a Tornado DDT. The bell rings, and Fuego Del Sol hits two more Tornado DDTs. Miro gets back in the ring, and Miro hits Fuego Del Sol with a Samoan drop. Miro then ends it when he goes for The Game Over. Fuego Del Sol taps out right away. Miro grabs the contract that Fuego Del Sol would have received if he beat Miro and rips it up. They head out for a quick commercial break.
- After the match, Fuego Del Sol is recovering. Sammy Guevara comes out, and Tony Khan is with him. They exchange a few words, and Khan hands Guevara a contract. Sammy Guevara walks out and tells Fuego Del Sol that he is his best friend, and he shows Fuego Del Sol a contract and tells him he is "All Elite."
- They show Sting and Darby Allin in the rafters and then go to a promo for next week's AEW Rampage, which will be at the United Center in Chicago.
- Mark Henry has a short interview with Dr. Britt Baker and Red Velvet. They talk about their upcoming match-up. Red Velvet tells Baker that she is going to beat her in Baker's hometown. Then, we head out for a commercial break.
AEW Women's Championship
Red Velvet vs. Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D. (w/ Rebel, Not Reba)
Red Velvet is out first, and Dr. Britt Baker is out second. The match begins with Red Velvet countering each hold that Baker puts on. The crowd is chanting, "Here we go, Brittsburgh." Baker takes Red Velvet down with a double wristlock takedown. Red Velvet gets out of it and pushes Baker's face, and Baker does the same.
Red Velvet has Baker in the corner and working on Baker's broken arm. We go to our last picture-in-picture commercial break for the evening with Baker in complete control. Baker is working Red Velvet's neck; Baker hits Baker with a suplex. Baker distracts the referee, and Rebel then starts going after Velvet with a towel.
Baker throws Red Velvet into the corner very hard. Red Velvet comes back and goes after the broken arm on Baker and then goes after it again. Baker goes for the crucifix, and Baker goes for the Lockjaw, but Baker cannot do anything because of her arm.
Red Velvet begins to go after the arm again; Rebel gets on the apron. The referee throws her Rebel out; Baker is distracted, and Red Velvet superkicks Baker. Red Velvet goes for the Lockjaw, Baker counters, and Baker still cannot put the Lockjaw on Red Velvet. Baker then rolls onto the opposite side, and this time Baker locks it, and the ref calls for the bell.
Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D. will retain her AEW Women's Championship. After the match, Baker continues to attack Red Velvet. Kris Statlander comes in to make the save and hits Baker. However, Statlander has her back turned, and a person in a black shirt and black hat hits her. The mystery person takes off their hat, and it is Jamie Hayter, and she continues to attack Statlander while Baker attacks Red Velvet. The first episode of AEW Rampage is over as the show goes off the air.
Winner: Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D.