Here is your fight size update for Saturday, September 18, 2021.
- Blue Meanie was the guest on a recent episode of Stories with Brisco and Bradshaw. During his appearance, he shared how he got "heat" on him in the WWF for flying first class. Here are his full remarks.
"On getting heat in the WWF for flying first class: “It just comes down to it was a competitive atmosphere during the Monday Night Wars. Everybody was a little bit on edge and stuff like that. I, myself, admit I had a comedy of errors on my part coming into the company. You know, my first weekend in, I debut in Philly. We’re supposed to go to Baltimore the next day and then go do Hartford for a Raw. So, me being the typical indie guy and never flying, I was like I’ll drive the loop. I’ll go to Philly, Baltimore, up to Connecticut no problem. And Earl Hebner said ‘No, we actually fly you now.’ So I was like ‘Cool.’ So, I do Philly and go to Baltimore. And in Baltimore, I check-in for my flight and I look at my ticket and go ‘Well, dang. That’s awfully close to the front of the plane.’ I look to Al [Snow] and go ‘Am I behind first-class?’ He goes ‘Eh, it’s pretty close up.’ Al’s not letting me off the hook, right?
So, I get on the plane and I see my seat and I go ‘Oh no, I’m done for.’ I’m like, my first weekend in they’re putting me in first class, right? So, I’m sitting there and I try to just be inconspicuous. Hoping nobody sees me. It’s me, Big Boss Man, Shawn Michaels, and one other person. And I knew I was in trouble. One guy comes in and gives me the look, another guy comes in and gives me the look. But it wasn’t until Mick Foley walked into the plane and he goes ‘Oh Meanie, oh Meanie, no. Meanie!’ It was like a horror movie. I was like ‘What Mick?! Please take me with you!’ We take off. And we get to where we’re flying and out of the back of the plane, and I don’t know who says it, ‘Why the f*ck is Blue Meanie in first-class?’ I’m just like ‘Oh my god!’ If there was a door next to me, I would’ve done the nasty plunge.”
* (Transcription via 411mania.com) *
- Adam Cole's new AEW theme is performing admirably on the iTunes Rock and Metal charts.
Thank you to the greatest fans in the world for making the Original #AEW Theme for @AdamColePro “All Bout Tha (BOOM!)” #4 on the iTunes Metal Charts and #11 on the iTunes Rock Charts!! pic.twitter.com/QsEAWLfJvH— RUKUS (@MikeyRukus) September 18, 2021
- In a recent interview with Collider, Pierce Brosnan was complimentary of Dwayne Johnson, who he stars alongside in the upcoming DC Comics film, Black Adam.
"It's an ensemble piece, Black Adam," Brosnan stated. "You have Dwayne, who's at the pinnacle of his fame and fortune and success and popularity. He is magnificent as Black Adam. We are the Justice Society and there's four of us, so we became a strong quartet of actors. The writing was very good. There was just enough beats. You just want three good beats. If you have three good scenes to hang your hat and your heart on, then you can make something of your days. For me, Black Adam had that, and Cinderella had it, in its own specific way."
- Jonathan Davenport shared on Twitter that he designed the gear Big E wore to the ring on the September 17 edition of WWE SmackDown.
The NEW WWE CHAMP Big E stormed the ring in my #Fugees-inspired gear tonight and I couldn't be happier with the job @MainEventGear did bringing it to life! Eternally grateful to @WWEBigE @AustinCreedWins and @TrueKofi for their trust and support! pic.twitter.com/kNWnvWzFCe— Jonathan Davenport (@TheRealDavenpoe) September 18, 2021
- Ruby Soho recently spoke with Stephanie Chase of Digital Spy and revealed what she told Lars Frederiksen after her AEW debut at All Out.
Lars, guitarist and vocalist for Rancid, is also one of the hosts of the Wrestling Perspective Podcast. He bestowed Ruby with the name and song during her appearance on the show.
“I told him, ‘You guys made that moment that much more special to me.’ My love for punk and my love for pro wrestling came together in that moment. This is everything that has built me and who I am and it came together that night and it was because of [Lars] bestowing this amazing gift on me, being able to use the name and the song. ‘I was like, ‘You helped make that moment that much more special even more than I could have ever imagined.'”
- In other Dwayne Johnson-related news, as first reported by CBR, the luggage delivery company, My Baggage, is now offering a moving service that features a Dwayne Johnson doppelganger. More details on the service can be found here.
- Although Sami Zayn admits Dominik Mysterio has improved, he says the common denominator in every loss is Rey Mysterio.
- Dominik Mysterio would also like to be given a little space by his father so that he can properly flourish as a singles competitor.
.@DomMysterio35 wants to be allowed to flourish as a singles competitor, @WWEApollo (w/ @CommanderAzeez) intends to regain the #ICTitle and @SonyaDevilleWWE addresses @NaomiWWE's fine on #TalkingSmack. #SmackDown @KaylaBraxtonWWE pic.twitter.com/3ARubrusuO— WWE Network (@WWENetwork) September 18, 2021
- Becky Lynch was unapologetic about crashing Bianca Belair's homecoming celebration on the September 17 episode of WWE SmackDown.
Last night, Belair was given a celebratory key to the town of Knoxville by Glenn Jacobs (Kane) and commended for all that she has accomplished. Becky Lynch, however, came to the ring and ended the segment by hitting a Manhandle Slam on The EST.
That’s on her. I just came to say congratulations on whatever it was they were congratulating her on. Not like she’s the champ or anything.— The Man (@BeckyLynchWWE) September 18, 2021
- The latest WWE Top 10 takes you back to this week’s Friday Night SmackDown to revisit the show’s most thrilling, physical and controversial moments.