Here is your post-SmackDown fight size update for Friday, July 16, 2021.
- For the first time in 70 weeks, WWE SmackDown took place in front of a live crowd. Vince McMahon opened the show by welcoming everyone back and asking where they have been?
- Roman Reigns and The Usos defeated Rey Mysterio, Dominik Mysterio, and Edge in the opening match of the night. After the bell, Edge attacked Roman and made him tap out. They are scheduled to face each other this Sunday at Money in the Bank for the Universal Championship.
- Sami Zayn came out to educate the audience about the conspiracy against him but was interrupted by Finn Balor. The former Universal Champion returns to the main roster after moving back to NXT in October 2019.
- The team of Shotzi & Nox defeated Natalya and Tamina for the second consecutive week. After the match, Natalya and Tamina attacked Liv Morgan and Zelina Vega, who had been brawling outside the ring. It was Morgan who would gain the upper hand on everyone and end the segment standing alone in the ring, pointing to the Money in the Bank briefcase.
- After a whip of her braid, Bianca Belair hit Carmella with the K.O.D. to successfully retain her SmackDown Women's Championship.
- Chad Gable caused a disqualification finish in Otis' match versus Cesaro. The Alpha Academy leader would go for a swing courtesy of the Swiss Superman, but Otis would eventually restore the numbers advantage for Gable and himself. The segment would end with Otis hitting a splash on Cesaro.
- With his savings and investments gone, Baron Corbin is asking for $100,000 to pay a few bills and get back on his feet.
- Seth Rollins won the fatal four-way main event after hitting a stomp on Big E. He, Big E, Kevin Owens, and Shinsuke Nakamura will all be part of the Money in the Bank Ladder Match this Sunday, July 18th.
- Big E addressed the WWE Universe after SmackDown went off the air.