Here is your fight-size update for Wednesday, February 3rd, 2021:
- Following her Royal Rumble victory, Booker T says, in a video that you can watch above, Bianca Belair has taken the world by storm.
“She makes it look easy, that's what scares me with her. She turned it on [at the Royal Rumble] but when she beat Bayley last week, what impressed me with her that night was the promo after the match. She really looked like she was in the moment of, ‘I’m gonna take this world by storm and you guys are going to see a whole lot more of Bianca Belair.’ She made that moment feel a certain way. and really let me see a different side of her and that's what I'm always looking for as far as a star goes.
“Right now, I think her star is going to shine really really bright... I picked Rhea Ripley to win the whole thing, but Bianca Belair, she definitely proved that she could be the next [star.]”
Booker T would then say that all of the women in WWE are really showing up as major players.
“You look at the size of Bianca Belair, she's a big girl. Then, you look at real Ripley, she's huge! Sasha Banks isn't so big, but then you look at Bayley… The women are overpowering [the men] in so many ways, especially the ones that are rising to the top.”
Booker T would also equate Bayley working Bianca to him working with Ricky Steamboat in his career.
(If you use any of the above quotes, please credit Fightful for the transcription by linking back to this article.)
- Speaking of Bianca's Royal Rumble victory, Bianca shared footage of her parents reacting to her big win and it's about as touching and emotional as you would expect.
My parents’ Royal Rumble Reaction— Bianca Belair (@BiancaBelairWWE) February 3, 2021
Remember when I said my Daddy loses his mind when I wrestle?
WELP here is proof -- I think he passed out after the match.
Pray for him y’all. Ain’t nothing wrong with him. He just got a little excited & fell over the back of the couch AGAIN. pic.twitter.com/ic0oZ8Jjvw
- For weeks now it has been known that NXT TakeOver would be taking place on Valentine's Day. Now, that event has been given the name NXT TakeOver: Vengeance Day.
NXT TakeOver: Vengeance Day set to take place Sunday, Feb. 14
Love is in the air — and vengeance isn't far behind.
NXT TakeOver: Vengeance Day will come your way on Valentine's Day, Sunday, Feb. 14, at 7 E/4 P on the award-winning WWE Network.
A Triple Threat NXT Women's Championship Match has already been announced as Io Shirai will battle Mercedes Martinez and Toni Storm.
What else will the latest TakeOver event have in store?
- In other NXT news, Edge will be appearing on the brand as a performer for the first time tonight. Malcolm Bivens is ready and warns Edge of the real danger of NXT
- Chris Jericho recently spoke with WrestleZone about his friend, Japanese Deathmatch Legend, Luther finding success later in his career.
“If you look at Luther in AEW, that’s a perfect example of a guy who had all the tools and did all the work and it just never happened for him until he was in this advanced stage of his career. You know, Luther could be in this movie if you were talking about it in a wrestling sense. You know, [he] never got a national TV contract and last week, he kicks off the show cutting a promo on Brodie and getting his head stuffed in the cake, and he’s kind of one of the stars of the show.”
- Speaking with Sportskeeda, former WWE Superstar Shawn Stasiak expressed issues with his father’s WWE Hall of Fame induction in 2018.
"Honestly, just the way that they put my dad in the Hall of Fame was very hurtful to me. Because, I anticipated that for years that they would call upon me, his only son, at least that I know of. That's where I first learned that they will put my dad into the Hall of Fame through Twitter. I was like, 'No!'. I could have had a phone call. I wasn't invited to even the arena to pay my respects. I was expecting a phone call, like, 'hey, we want to put your dad in, we want you to induct him.' I anticipated this for years, so when they went about it the way they did, it was very very disheartening.
"Of course you know, I connected with Vince through a text, I tried to call. I asked him not to do that. If you're going to do it, you know, do it right, man. I'd say, by the way, that he's only the WWE, or back then WWWF Champion, you know same promotion, the only WWE Champion that got put in the Hall of Fame that never got a personal induction and just got thrown in some wing."
- On Twitter, former WWE Diva Layla revealed she is writing a book.
- Speaking with TV Insider, Kip Sabian and Penelope Ford, who are getting legitimately married on tonight's episode of AEW Dynamite, revealed their true feelings on Miro.
Kip Sabian said, “The character you guys see is exactly what Miro is like in real life. He is just a loving, genuine human being. He is big into video games and Twitch streaming and the gaming culture. That is a huge part of my life. We bonded straightaway. As soon as we started doing stuff together, it was so natural. You think someone who came in with name value would be a lot more selfish than Miro is. Miro is so giving and wants to make sure all of us shine. We feel the same way.”
- WWE stock today closed at $56.51 per share.
- Please remember to subscribe to our premium Fightful Select service. Subscribe to support our exclusive and independent coverage of professional wrestling. You'll get access to exclusive news, and dozens of additional podcasts.