Here is your fight-size update for Friday, March 19, 2021:
- In an interview with WrestleZone, Britt Baker spotlighted Rebel (aka Reba) for the chemistry they have developed on television.
“All the credit. She, honestly, she really is the peanut butter to my jelly. Reba, I’ve said it 100 times, she’s one of the most passionate females when it comes to professional wrestling. She loves it. She eats, breathes and sleeps it just as much as I do, and this is much more than a deserved opportunity for her,” Baker said, “because she should have been the star of TV for a long time now.”
“She’s been an entertainer forever. She was a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader, and my favorite of her claim to fame is she’s the lead dancer in the ‘Honky Tonk Badonkadonk’ country music video. I tell everybody this,” Baker said, “but she’s just been entertaining forever but I just feel like now the world is appreciating her, and of course we all have me to thank because it’s my doing, but we gotta love Reba.”
- WWE has announced that they have received several nominations for shorty awards.
The 13th Annual Shorty Awards are just around the corner, and WWE snagged several nominations!
WWE is up for the Shorty Audience Honor, a “special honor determined by public votes.” That means you, the members of the WWE Universe, have until March 31 to cast your vote!
WWE has also been nominated for Facebook Presence, Snapchat Presence, TikTok Presence, Twitter Presence, and YouTube Presence.
Additionally, Undertaker: The Last Ride claimed a nomination for Long Form Video, and WWE Social Media is in the running in the Sports category.
Winners will be announced in late April during a digital ceremony presented exclusively on social media. Visit here for the full list of finalists.
- Ring of Honor has announced what matches will be available for the free hour of their 19th-anniversary show next Friday, The ROH Six-Man Tag Team title match between Shane Taylor Promotions and Mexisquad. Also, Danhausen vs. Brian Johnson vs. LSG vs. Eli Isom in a Four-Corner Survival Match
- Dwight Howard is ready to start dishing out Stone Cold stunners.
-- Dwight Howard does NOT sound happy Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo sat at mid court after hitting a big shot it OT to help beat Sixers— Jeff Skversky (@JeffSkversky) March 18, 2021
"I wanted to go Stone Cold Stunner him, but I already got one tech... I’m not one to talk trash but we’ll see them again.”@6abc#Sixers pic.twitter.com/gUmYfIL92E
- With NWA Back For The Attack taking place this Sunday, Joe Galli appeared in a video on Twitter to run down the entire card.
- Take a look back at the rivalry between Steve Austin and the McMahon Family.
“Roman is working at a whole other level,” Bryan says. “What’s interesting, and I’ve thought this since the beginning of the pandemic, is that you have a different opportunity without crowds. Some people think, ‘No crowds? That’s lame!’ But Roman has done better than anyone accentuating the positive of it. Some of the interviews he’s done are ones you couldn’t do in front of a live crowd without getting ‘What!’-ed to death. He’s been so incredible in this run.
“I’ve always thought he was special, and we’re seeing just how special he is right now. He possibly could be the best in the world right now, and this could be my last full-time run, so I’m going to make sure this match is a banger. I don’t want to live with the regret of having my last full-time run be me just doing what’s best for everyone else. Yes, I love doing what’s best for the industry, but at some point, I also need to do what’s best for me. I’m going full blast on Sunday.”
- Check out everything you need to know before SmackDown at this link.
- Mick Foley and Lex Luger had an incredibly wholesome Twitter interaction as Mick Foley stated he was going to make the case for Lex Luger to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.
Lex - this is the article I mentioned to you that I wanted to write a few years ago. I figure if I say I'm going to do it publicly, I have to actually follow through! And I will.— Mick Foley (@RealMickFoley) March 18, 2021
- Today, WWE stock closed at $57.12 per share. This was an increase of 2.07%
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.