Here's your fight size update for Wednesday, April 28, 2021:
- Speaking on WWE’s The Bump, Charlotte Flair stated that if anything, she feels Rhea Ripley lost nothing in their match last year at WrestleMania, in fact, she believes Rhea Ripley showed the world who she is. Now, Charlotte says with the Raw Women's Championship on her shoulder, she should have no more confidence issues.
“In my opinion, she didn’t lose. If anything, I think she showed the world what she’s capable of, almost beating me. If anything, she should have her ‘confidence’ fully back.”
Elsewhere in the episode, she explained why she believes she no longer needs to be in the championship picture to be considered the top star in the company. Read more here.
(If you use any of the above quotes, make sure you went back to this article and credit Fightful for the transcription)
- Speaking with TSN in Canada, Shawn Spears opened up about NXT moving to Tuesdays.
“I think that it’s awesome that there’s wrestling every day of the week now on TV for everybody to enjoy,” Spears said. “When I was growing up, there wasn’t that. There was wrestling on maybe once a week for a while. So now fast forward 20 years and wrestling can be on from Monday to Friday and it’s a viewer’s option to watch whatever the hell you want.”
- Speaking on this week's Bella Podcast, Nikki Bella put over Freddie Prinze jr. as a writer for WWE because she said he always made sure that stories continued even if it was through small promo segments backstage or even if characters just appeared in the background of a scene together.
Elsewhere on that podcast, Carmella opened up about her frustrations with the current booking of WWE's women's division.
During this unprecedented time @WWECommunity has been working tirelessly to make a positive impact alongside our partners, Superstars, employees and fans. Please visit https://t.co/vwGVwz42B8 for our 2020 Community Impact Report full of stories we hope will lift your spirits. pic.twitter.com/lC6WoMrP5n— Stephanie McMahon (@StephMcMahon) April 28, 2021
- WWE released documentation today noting that Paul Levesque, better known as Triple H, sold nearly 40,000 shares of WWE stock. This was worth in the realm of 2 million dollars.
- Upcoming guests of AEW Unrestricted have been revealed.
Hey friends! I need some Q's from you for some upcoming guests on #AEWUnrestricted— Aubrey Edwards --️-- (@RefAubrey) April 28, 2021
First, we're bringing in @TayConti_!
Second, we're bringing back @callmekrisstat to discuss about her injury, the rehab, and the return!
New episodes every Thursday!
- Check out the preview for AEW Dynamite at this link.
- Here is Naomi wholesomely complimenting Bianca Belair.
No bih... #EST of life, the world, the galaxy , the universe ---- purrrrrr lol— Trinity Fatu (@NaomiWWE) April 28, 2021
- Check out the cold open for tonight's episode of MLW FUSION.
- Today, WWE stock closed at $55.55 per share.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch