Cody Rhodes Isn't Worried About Being "Ruined" By WWE: They Know What They Are Investing In

It's unknown what Cody Rhodes will do next as he enters free agency in 2019, but WWE remains on the table.

He's coming off a highly successful 2018 where he entered the year as ROH World Champion, captured the IWGP US Title and NWA World Title along the way, and helped put together All In, an event billed as the largest Independent wrestling show ever.

Speaking to Busted Open Radio, Cody was asked whether he would consider going back to WWE after such a successful year on the Independent scene.

"For sure. Whenever I've had discussions about going back and people said, 'Oh, they'd ruin you' or 'They'd screw the booking up.' I disagree. I walked once before," explained Cody. "It's not saying, 'Hey, if you screw me over, I'll walk again.' But what it says is 'don't tell me what to do. I will do what I do. That's what I'm investing in.' If WWE were to invest in me, great. I know that sounds ludicrous. Having been backstage there's writers, producers and all this. I'm not interested in all that. I'm open to collaboration, for sure, but if WWE were to invest in me. Then they get me. They don't get their version of me. I have no fear of what a return to WWE looks like because I know exactly what I'm giving them. If Vince or Hunter didn't like it, ok, fire me. I'm only going to give you what you invested in. I'm not interested in being told how to play my hit songs."

Cody left WWE in May 2016 and ended up becoming one of the biggest stars in wrestling. Cody finished up with ROH last night at Final Battle, but is scheduled to work Wrestle Kingdom 13 on Jan. 4. Cody has previously stated that a decision regarding his future -- and the future of the rest of the Elite -- will be made on their YouTube series Being The Elite.

More