Cedric Alexander will get another shot at the Cruiserweight title.
WWE.com announced this afternoon that Alexander will get another shot at the title. He was first scheduled to get a shot two weeks ago, but due to a bout of the flu, it was delayed for another week. When Alexander finally got the shot, Enzo Amore ended up being counted out after what appeared to be a knee injury. Regardless, Alexander is getting another shot at the title.
Here is what the current Royal Rumble card looks like:
- A 30 man Royal Rumble match, with John Cena, Elias, Finn Balor, Randy Orton, Shinsuke Nakamura, Baron Corbin, Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt confirmed
- A 30 woman Royal Rumble match with Asuka, Naomi, Ruby Riott, Natalya, Sash Banks, Bayley, Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, Carmella, Tamina Snuka, Lana, Natalya, Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, Mickie James, Nia Jax and Becky Lynch confirmed
- Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman vs. Kane for the Universal title
- AJ Styles vs. Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens in a Handicap match for the WWE title
- United States title tournament finals (winner of Bobby Roode/Mojo Rawley against winner of Jinder Mahal/Xavier Woods)
- Seth Rollins and Jason Jordan vs. The Bar for the Raw tag team titles
- The Usos vs. Shelton Benjamin and Chad Gable for the Smackdown tag team titles
- Enzo Amore vs. Cedric Alexander for the Cruiserweight title
The Royal Rumble will go down on January 28 at 7 ET/4 PM PT on the WWE Network.