Dalton Castle's unique character has turned the heads of many fans in the wrestling world. But recently, the eccentric wrestler said that it also gained him a choice between Global Force Wrestling and ROH.
Castle, who has been wrestling in the UK for the last month, spoke to Colt Cabana on a recent episode of the Art of Wrestling Podcast, and said that he was given offers by the number 2 and 3 companies in American wrestling.
"I did. I 100% did. It was hard. Am I too far? All we want to do is make a living doing this and I go so long with no offers -- nothing. Like it's never going to happen, and suddenly, two offers are on the table and one of them was not a living, and the other one was a decent salary, but it wasn't the place I felt like I wanted to be and I didn't have the best experience. Everyone was super nice. You know Ring Of Honor is kind of hands-off when it comes to your character and creativity. I didn't feel like that was going to happen down there (with Global Force). I just sat on it for a couple of weeks. (I talked to my wife) and she wanted me to do what makes me happy," said Castle
Castle would eventually re-sign with Ring of Honor, and it was the attitude of Global Force Wrestling that let him know that he made the right call.
"I told them in the most professional way possible. It's not like I just said, 'nah!' I called them and explained to them my case. It felt like I was breaking up with somebody. I got phone calls from people telling me I was making a big mistake from that office. I don't feel like I made a mistake. At that time, they were trying to make me feel regretful, and that solidified my decision making. Why would I want to work for somebody who wants to hurt me just because you can't give me what I need? So, you're telling me I'm making a mistake?," said Castle.
You can hear the full interview at this link. Fightful will have full, live coverage of Ring of Honor Death Before Dishonor next Friday night. You can see confirmed wrestling contract expiration dates at this link.