Dolph Ziggler Clarifies That He Has Not Signed A New Deal With WWE, Says His Contract Expiration Date Is Slowly Approaching

Dolph Ziggler puts the rumors to rest.

Former two-time World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler has been in headlines over the past few months dating back to his appearance on the "E&C Pod Of Awesomeness" where he voiced his displeasure regarding his current position in the WWE. A report then made the rounds earlier this year that "The Showoff" had inked a new lucrative deal with the company. Speaking with FOX Sports, Ziggler addressed the rumors of him resigning with the WWE and shut them down stating that he has not committed any more of his time to WWE just yet.

Zack Sabre Jr: NJPW Has A Roster Full Of Talent, I Am The Best Out Of Those Options To Lead The Company

“I would love to get into that more but based on the internet, they told you I’d re-signed and I have not,” Ziggler said of his contract.

Ziggler was asked are there at least negotiations going on between him and the sports-entertainment company and he shared that they are working on it but he has a short amount of time to make a decision.

"Very shortly. We’re working on it now." He said .“There’s a deadline that’s approaching so very shortly. I have some options on the table to do some other things. I don’t take time off, I don’t like missing work and when I’m not there, I’m doing other things whether it’s FOX News, FOX Business, stand up comedy, improv, writing a book and a movie with my brother. I have a bunch of things going on and I don’t like taking days off and I don’t want to leave WWE but it’s great to have some options. I’ve asked before to go away for a little while just so everyone can forget I lose 99 times out of 100 and it’s never really come through, so I might have to do it on my own and see what happens.”

Despite Ziggler having held a number of championships and being praised by fans for being one the better in-ring performers in the company, he is not portrayed as a winner on WWE TV. In big match situations Ziggler is normally the competitor who is taking the pin-fall and he gave his take on how he feels about that.

"When I come to the ring I have people in their late 20's saying ‘Here comes Dolph, we know he’s going to lose’ and then an eight year old kid going ‘Dolph always loses, it doesn’t matter.' Now I’m not helping the company by being a great foil for the guy you’re rooting for,” he explained.“I’ve made a career out of losing 99 times out of 100 and still giving everyone that hope and I love it and live for it. There’s no one else in the business when can do that.”

 

Dolph Ziggler has been announced for the 2018 'Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal' this Sunday at WrestleMania 34. To view the list of names who will also be competing in the match, click here.

Get exclusive pro wrestling content on Fightful Select, our premium news service! Click here to learn more.