The investigation on Enzo Amore has apparently ended.
Back in January, Enzo Amore was Champion of the Cruiserweight division and then he was accused of rape and released by WWE. Nearly five months later, Enzo has released a statement by his legal counsel that he has not been charged and the investigation is over.
According to the statement, Amore had his counsel reach out to the Phoenix Police department when the accusations appeared on social media and that was when he first learned of the accusations. The statement went on to say the police cited a lack of evidence as the reason the investigation ended.
The full statement was tweeted by Amore and can be seen below.
pic.twitter.com/qTr5hMs3Oi— Enzo Amore (@real1) May 16, 2018
— Enzo Amore (@real1) May 16, 2018
Amore thanked his fans for support and said he learned a lesson about with whom he associates. Amore will be looking to reenter the entertainment field and the statement made no comment about trying to return to professional wrestling.
Fightful.com's Sean Ross Sapp confirmed with the Phoenix PD Public Affairs department that insufficient evidence did indeed cause the case to be closed. That doesn't necessarily mean that it can't be re-opened, as additional evidence gathered could be grounds to take a look at it. They also told us the situation had garnered heavy interest.
Amore took to Instagram to post his first public video since leaving WWE earlier this year, which featured him with an elderly lady in a hospital.
Enzo Amore posts the first public photo since his WWE departure (thanks to @Patrick_Fannin) pic.twitter.com/IzCJyERmRd— Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com (@SeanRossSapp) May 16, 2018
Enzo Amore posts the first public photo since his WWE departure (thanks to @Patrick_Fannin) pic.twitter.com/IzCJyERmRd
— Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com (@SeanRossSapp) May 16, 2018
Fightful Wrestling will continue to monitor the situation regarding Enzo Amore, his accuser, and his professional wrestling career.
View the discussion thread.