Enzo Amore Says Police Never Called Him Regarding Accusations

Enzo Amore says he contacted the police before they contacted him.

On January 22nd, Fightful reported that Enzo Amore had been accused of rape in Phoenix, Arizona. Amore was suspended by WWE then later released. At the time, Fightful's Sean Ross Sapp wrote in an article that WWE believed Amore knew about the accusations. 

NXT Announces Great American Bash Special, Kushida Open Challenge Added To 6/15 NXT

Fightful.com was told by multiple sources that WWE were "livid" because they believe Enzo was aware of the allegations, and didn't inform them before it broke Monday, which led to the firing.

At the time, Fightful reported Amore insisted he was not aware of the accusations and on Wednesday Amore tweeted to say the Phoenix Police Department never contacted him but his lawyer emailed them on January 22nd.

After he was released, Fightful Wrestling had breaking news podcast covering the situation.

The charges against Amore were never filed and the investigation ended earlier this month. After the case was closed, he released a music video for his song "Phoenix."

Get exclusive combat sports content on Fightful Select, our premium news service! Click here to learn more.
From The Web