Here's your Fight Size wrestling Update for the morning of May 12th, 2018.
- AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura have now clashed over the WWE Championship three times this year. AJ Styles has one clean victory over Nakamura but their last two matches have resulted in double count-outs. According to Dave Meltzer in his latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there have been talks to have Styles vs. Nakamura IV contested under a 'Last Man Standing' match.
- The current PROGRESS Women's Champion Toni Storm has made a name for herself at only 22-years old. Next month WWE will be heading to the U.K. for a tour and Toni Storm was a name that was rumored to be a part of the tour. The talks regarding Storm possibly signing with WWE began to arise but Casey Michael of Squared Circle Sirens noted that the New Zealand born superstar is contracted to STARDOM through July.
- On the latest edition of Monday Night RAW WWE aired a sit-down interview with Bobby Lashley that was hosted by Renee Young. In the interview Bobby Lashley told the story of his upbringing and how much of an impact that his older sisters have made on him. WWE posted the following teaser regarding Lashley's next move after opening up to the WWE Universe:
Bobby Lashley fights for his family
"Last week, Bobby Lashley opened up like never before, discussing his relationship with his three strong-willed older sisters who helped turn him into the powerhouse he is today. These days, Lashley has an extended family, the WWE Universe, and he's confident that "we're going to have a lot of fun together."
Now that Lashley has let us know who he is and what he stands for, what's next for him? We'll find out on RAW."
- Former TNA Television Champion Chad Lail (Gunner) made his NXT TV debut at the recent tapings. Lail, since being signed to WWE in May of last year has been working NXT live events and when his match airs on NXT TV over the coming weeks it will have been his first televised match for the brand.
- Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake is reaching out to fans for support as he suffered a terrible fall and now needs knee surgery. The former WWF Tag Team Champion has a GoFundMe page set up with a goal of $7000 to get the surgery and currently has a total of $535 raised.
“A lot of you know me as WWE Legend Brutus “the barber” Beefcake and after a long Wrestling career I retired from the ring and have been living in Florida for the past few years. I’m still out visiting fans at ComicCONs & other places and I love coming out to see everyone! A few months ago I took a tumble and twisted my knee and I’ve been in some pain. Finally went to my doctor and had an MRI TODAY then back to the Dr with the disc! A lot of running around or hobbling around. Thank God for my wife Missy who took initiative to get me to the Doctor because I do need surgery! This is where I need help! I have no insurance to cover the day surgery which is roughly 12k. That’s a lot of money for anyone including a retired wrestler like me.The surgery is happening quickly before June 1st so I’m hoping to raise enough money to cover all or half needed to get this knee done and be out of pain!Thank you for anything you are able to give and I’ll keep you posted via social media how the fund is coming along and shoot a video or two of my surgery and progress! God Bless and keep Struttin and Cuttin!”
- Xandra Bale & Alexia Nicole made their Women Of Honor debuts last night at 'War Of The Worlds' Toronto.
- Retired NFL Punter Pat McAfee announced via Instagram that he will be returning to the NXT TakeOver: pre-show panel in Chicago on June 16th for 'Money In The Bank' weekend.
- Former WWE World Heavyweight Champion Dean Ambrose has been out since December with a triceps injury. Ambrose has been rehabbing and the exact timetable for his return is unknown. PWInsider is reporting that Ambrose has basically been living in Birmingham, AL over the last month reconditioning himself to return to in-ring action.
- "The Cleaner" Kenny Omega will have another opportunity to get his hands on the coveted IWGP Heavyweight Championship at NJPW's 'Dominion' event on June 9th. Tokyo Sports caught up with Omega to discuss his fourth bout against the reigning IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada.