A huge card for 'King Of Pro Wrestling' .
Coming off the heels of their 'Fighting Spirit Unleashed' show this past Sunday, New Japan Pro Wrestling has announced the full card for one their biggest shows of the year heading into Wrestle Kingdom season, 'King Of Pro Wrestling'. All championships will be defended and/or fought for on the show except the IWGP Intercontinental, IWGP Tag Team, and IWGP U.S. Heavyweight Championships but the U.S. Champion Cody will be in the main event of the show as he will be involved in a Three-Way match for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship with Kota Ibushi and the champion Kenny Omega. The finals of the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship tournament will go down on October 8th as well featuring Marty Scurll and KUSHIDA doing battle and it was also announced that Hiroshi Tanahashi will defend the rights to an IWGP Heavyweight Championship match at the Tokyo Dome against the rising star "Switchblade" Jay White.
(Below is the full match card for 'King Of Pro Wrestling'):
* IWGP Heavyweight Championship
Kenny Omega (c) vs. Cody vs. Kota Ibushi
* IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Tournament Finals
Marty Scurll vs. KUSHIDA
* IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships
Tiger Mask & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c)
* Tomoaki Honma & Togi Makabe vs. Toa Henare & Juice Robinson
* The Elite (Chase Owens, Adam "Hangman" Page & The Young Bucks) vs. Bullet Club OG's (Taiji Ishimori, Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & Bad Luck Fale)
* Will Ospreay, Hirooki Goto & Tomohiro Ishii vs. Takashi Iizuka, Taichi & Minoru Suzuki
* SHO, YOH, Kazuchika Okada & Toru Yano vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, BUSHI, SANADA and a new member of L.I.J. to be revealed)
* EVIL vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
* Rights To An IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match At The Tokyo Dome
Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Jay White
On a related note, Fightful has a "Making A Finisher" series in-which professional wrestlers break down their finishing maneuvers and available on our Fightful Select service is Jay White explaining the roots of the "Blade Runner".