Jessamyn Duke Comments On WWE Release, Will Remain Part Of UpUpDownDown

Jessamyn Duke was released on Wednesday, May 19 as part of a handful of cuts made by WWE.

Duke had not wrestled for WWE since December 2019 at an NXT live event. She was briefly part of Raw Underground in August 2020, but was once again off television once Raw Underground went by the wayside.

Vanessa Borne Opens Up About Her WWE Release; Pitch To Be In RETRIBUTION, Getting COVID

Duke had been moved to WWE's gaming side of things and Fightful was told that she was happy in that spot, and was helping produce content for UpUpDownDown, which Xavier Woods was said to have pushed for.

On her recent Okay Gamer stream, Duke commented on her release and future.

"As far as this stuff goes, nothing is changing. My stream, my channel, all of that is the same. More importantly than that, I want all of you to know; UpUpDownDown is still my home. BRE Start is not going anywhere. Everyone can relax, sit back, and enjoy knowing that tomorrow [Friday] a brand new episode of BRE Start will be premiering. We still have BRE Fridays and have BRE content coming out of our ears. That's not going anywhere. Basically, what I've been doing the last six months or so is exactly what I'm going to keep doing. I know I have an immense amount of support and it is overwhelming. I appreciate you guys. UpUpDownDown is my home, they have my back, we are in this together, and we are family," she said.

BRE Start consists of Duke, Shayna Baszler, Mia Yim, and Dakota Kia. She encouraged everyone to support her by supporting UpUpDownDown.

You can view the full list of released WWE talent on May 19 by clicking here.

If you use any of the quotes above, please credit the original source with a h/t and link back to Fightful for the transcription.

Get exclusive combat sports content on Fightful Select, our premium news service! Click here to learn more.
From The Web