Here is your Fight Size update following AEW New Year's Smash night one and NXT New Year's Evil.
AEW New Year's Smash
- Jim Ross opened the show with, "It's Wednesday, you know what that means."
- Chuckie T provided an update on Trent, plus agreed to a stipulation for his bout against Miro.
- Kenny Omega successfully defended the AEW World Title in the main event against Rey Fenix.
- Excaliber mentioned Kota Ibushi's victories at Wrestle Kingdom 15 during Kenny Omega's match against Rey Fenix.
- Matt Hardy signed Private Party to contracts where he receives a 30% cut. Private Party is still allowed to use third-party platforms. Snoop Dogg was also there.
- It was a too sweet reunion to close AEW New Year's Smash.
- Jon Moxley returned and he has a zero-tolerance policy for shitty people.
- Check out the current lineup for AEW New Year's Smash night two.
- Sting continues to have Darby Allin's back against Team Taz.
- The AEW TNT Championship underwent a small change.
- Hikaru Shida successfully defended her AEW Women's Championship against Abadon, but she left with a neck bite.
NXT New Year's Evil
- NXT TakeOver will return on February 14.
- Austin Theory got hit in the balls.
- Shotzi Blackheart & KUSHIDA defeated Johnny Gargano & Candice LeRae in tag team action. You can find highlights from the bout by clicking here.
- Raquel Gonzalez was the last woman standing against Rhea Ripley.
- The Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic will begin on January 13.
- Santos Escobar successfully defended his NXT Cruiserweight Championship against Gran Metalik. You can find highlights by clicking here.
- Karrion Kross returned to action and picked up the victory over Damian Priest.
- Xia Li is back in action and he feels no pain.
If you missed anything from AEW New Year's Smash, check out Fightful's full report on the show by clicking here. If you missed anything from NXT New Year's Evil, check out Fightful's full report on the show by clicking here. Plus, listen to the Wednesday Night Wars podcast for a full review of both shows by clicking here.