Here is your fight size update for Saturday, June 5, 2021:
- Lacey Evans revealed on Instagram that she is expecting a baby girl.
Fightful would like to congratulate Lacey and her family on their very happy news.
- Speaking with Forbes, The Miz said he had a blast doing the Zombie Lumberjack Match with Damian Priest at WrestleMania Backlash.
“I always enjoy whenever there’s something different and something out of the box, and whenever there’s something like that, I wanna be a part of it because you never know what’s going to happen. You never know if it’s gonna be a success or if it’s gonna be a failure. People were different, people were 50/50 ‘oh we can’t stand this match,’ or ‘oh my God this is a great match, it’s kind of funny, it’s kind of interesting,’ so I just look at it like ‘I’m gonna do the best I possibly can and give the match that hopefully everyone wants and deserves.”
- The latest WWE Top 10 takes a look back at this week’s Friday Night SmackDown to revisit the show’s most thrilling, physical and controversial moments. Watch here.
- The Street Profits are ready to throw hands with Chad Gable and Otis after they were attacked by The Alpha Academy's lone student on Friday Night SmackDown. Gable approached them earlier in the night about joining his Academy, but the question what they have actually accomplished.
- On the most recent episode of his Grilling JR podcast, Jim Ross covered Mankind in 1997, including the iconic interview segment the two shared. The AEW announcer says it was the turning point in Vince McMahon seeing what Mick brought to the company. He also believes that to be where Vince McMahon’s oft-used "good sh*t" line was born.
“We didn’t know Vince was even going to be there, we had no idea,” Ross said. “That’s where the famous line that came from Vince, where we got to a certain stopping point and heard this voice and it’s unmistakably Vince saying ‘This is good s--t.’ At that point, Mick is made."
h/t Wrestling Inc. for the transcription.
- Lance Archer was the most recent guest on Outside the Ring with Lexy Nair. In it, he reveals that aside from the sound of his victims crying, his favorite sound is a baby's laugh.
- Dax Harwood wants the WWE to induct The Midnight Express, with Jim Cornette, into the Hall of Fame.
Put the Midnight Express w/ Jim Cornette in your Hall of Fame you cowards!!!!— Uncle Dax FTR (@DaxFTR) June 4, 2021
- Cody Rhodes is embarrassed about being knocked out by Anthony Ogogo on the latest episode of AEW Dynamite.
Just embarrassed - never fun looking up at the lights— Cody (@CodyRhodes) June 5, 2021
Cautionary tale: when ogogo learns to fully wrestle, combined with his punching power, we are all screwed https://t.co/PDwwDacEz4
- Sheamus showed off some photos after injuring his nose in a match against Humberto Carillo on WWE Raw. The United States Champiosnhip is not going anywhere.
- Subscribe to Fightful Select for exclusive news, podcasts, and features.