- The Undertaker comes out and says he's called Madison Square Garden home for 30 years.
- He says it's time to usher in a new era of Superstar.
- Sami Zayn's music hits.
- He comes out and talks his shit, per usual. He's heeling the crowd to set up to get his ass kicked.
- Undertaker pretends he's going to leave before chokeslamming Sami Zayn.
The Miz defeated Andrade (w/ Zelina)
- Miz is a walking commercial for his reality show right now and that's it.
- Shinsuke Nakamura is on commentary, which I love.
- We get two commercials pretty early and come back to Miz doing the IT kicks.
- I get Miz being in this spot because of history and his reality show, but this isn't a great performance from him and Andrade is outstanding.
- The Miz tosses Andrade over the announce table onto Nakamura. This is a great spot.
- Miz blows the finisher spot out of the double moonsault.
- This was not great.
- Nakamura comes in and hits his finish on the Miz.
- Mandy Rose gets ZERO heat for saying she's pretty and Nikki Cross is ugly. Almost like it's a shitty line.
- Who............the...........................fuuuuuu........wrote.......this.....promo. It's so dumb
- Whoever is writing this "YOU'LL NEVER LOOK LIKE ME" shit for Mandy, stop. It's bad.
- Nikki Cross gets a good pop when Alexa brings her out, and she's on fire.
- Sonya Deville distracts Nikki, but Mandy is rolled up after a missed Bicycle knee.
- That was a good short match that had to battle through the rainstorm of dialogue shit that was written for Mandy.
Heavy Machinery crushes Jobbers
- Tucker shows off his agility and KILLS Jon Silver.
- Otis is tagged in and does his Caterpillar.
- An assisted powerslam and Compactor gets it done.
Reigns and Rowan
- "You see" three times in the first 30 seconds of the promo is promising
- "All you people."
- Roman Reigns comes out and brawls with Rowan into the crowd.
- Reigns does Superman punches on Rowan.
- Erick Rowan stealing Jordynne Grace's fanslamming gimmick. Steve Harvey has Eric Bischoff SHOOK.
- Rowan took out a whole bunch of staff, and slams a jib camera into Reigns' face.
- The promo was terrible, but the brawl ruled.
- Ember Moon confronts Bayley. She doesn't like who Bayley has been lately. Ember's dialogue is wooden, but improving.
- Charlotte Flair is watching on.
- Some hard hitting stuff out of Ember Moon, but she's about to lose again.
- Bayley-to-Belly, that's it.
- All the good matches last night, none tonight so far.
A Decade Later
- Kofi Kingston runs down his MSG history.
- Randy Orton interrupts Kofi and calls him stupid, and says he's always been a phony.
- "Whether it was the fake accent or that phony power of positivity shit."
- Orton takes a chair to Kofi, but the tides are turned.
- They GOTTA run the table spot back in MSG.
- Oh noooooooooo the table broke when Kofi got up.
- A super awesome spot that WWE made almost unwatchable because of terrible camera work
King of the Ring Semifinals
Special Ref: Kevin Owens
Two out of three falls
Chad Gable defeated Shane McMahon 2-0
- Why would you have Chad Gable say that he's expecting a bye in the tournament? It makes him look dumb, and like a coward. Shane says Elias will have a replacement tonight. It ends up being Shane.
- Shane tells Kevin Owens that if he helps him win tonight as referee, his $100,000 fine will go away. Owens isn't happy about having to do this.
- Shane McMahon is making a bunch of short jokes.
- Chad Gable SQUASHED Shane McMahon.
- Kevin Owens counts the pinfall.
- Shane McMahon demands the match be made two out of three falls.
- He attacks Gable and slams him into the table, working him over during the break.
- Shane scolds Owens. But then, why would Owens have counted the fall at all? He counts slow for Gable and fast for Shane.
- Nobody can sell Gable's rolling kick. He MAKES Shane sell the rolling neckbreaker.
- Owens counts slow for a moonsault from Gable.
- Shane can't win with a rack neckbreaker and a fast count.
- Owens stops Shane from using a chair.
- Gable applies an Ankle Lock and wins!
- Shane McMahon attacks Owens from behind.
- Shane McMahon "fires" Kevin Owens
10- Perfect, 9- MOTY Territory, 8- Excellent, 7- Great, 6- Good, 5- Average to above average, 4- Slightly below average, 3 or below: Poor
Each match starts at a 5 and slides up and down based on entertainment, execution, time, environment, reaction and stakes. The ratings are in no way an indication of a "star rating," which is a completely different system. A standard, non-offensive "TV match" lands at a 5. The gap between 5.75-6 is generally the largest, with anything reaching 6 being recommended viewing.
These are opinions, and incredibly inconsistent ones. Don't take them too seriously, and have (and share) your own!
- From The Web