Michael Elgin says he is done working with Ring of Honor.

The former ROH World Champion, who currently is under contract to New Japan Pro Wrestling, sent out a tweet on Thursday to make the announcement:

Pro Wrestling Sheet filed an update later Thursday, citing unnamed sources that Elgin told ROH this week he no longer plans to work for them. Moreover, the company had not even acknowledged or confirmed the receipt of that information.

On December 10, during an exclusive interview with Fightful.com, Elgin said that he had reached out to ROH to inquire about working their January 14 event but received no response. Elgin said the following when asked if he would be working any ROH events in the immediate future:

"I reached out to them about January 14. I had that weekend open and they never responded, after saying that I'd be on all the shows they do in the States when I'm home. And maybe they're just taking their time, but I've already filled that date now. So, I'm not waiting for them. I'm a New Japan talent. And I'm going to do whatever's good for my career. I believe that I'll be at Wrestle Circus in Texas now on that date, and they have a great following. Fans are really supporting them, and I want to be part of that—one to try and help maybe get some fans of mine who aren't familiar with Wrestle Circus familiar with Wrestle Circus, and get them some more following."

Subsequently in the interview, Elgin appeared ready to give ROH the benefit of the doubt on the lack of response:

"I mean, don't get me wrong. They had Final Battle last week, so I'm sure they're busy. They might respond next week, but now I've already filled it because I've announced that I had that date open. Found out they had a date and reached out."

Elgin remains under NJPW contract. He also is opening his own promotion in St. Louis, Glory Pro, which will hold its first event sometime next year.

From The Web