Day 4 of trail rolls on.
The on-going trail involving former WWE superstar CM Punk and his long-time friend Colt Cabana against WWE doctor Chris Amann has reached its fourth day. The trail is being held at the 'Cook County Courthouse' in Illinois and WrestleZone's Nick Hausman was in attendance and provided notes from day-four's morning session of the trail:
* Colt Cabana discusses how he and CM Punk met one another and breaking into the business together. Colt went on to speak on CM Punk as a friend and Punk chimed in with how he and Cabana would stay in contact with one another.
* Colt shared how he got in contact with WWE to begin his two year stint in the company. He stated that he got in contact with the sports-entertainment company by way of Tom Prichard who was the head trainer at WWE's then-developmental territory 'Deep South Wrestling'.
* Cabana then went on to speak about his 'Art Of Wrestling' podcast; what made him come up with the idea of it, CM Punk's appearance on the podcast and how it was Punk's idea to speak his peace on his issues with WWE on the podcast.
* Colt says that he did not know Punk was referring to Dr. Chris Amann when he mentioned the "doc" on the podcast.
* CM Punk shared that he did not listen to the podcast until prior to the trail.
* Punk is noted to have become emotional after stating that hearing who he was all those years ago did not bring back good memories.
* The former two-time WWE Champion reveals that the 'CM' in his in-ring name came from his days as a part of the tag team 'Chick Magnets' alongside his former partner 'CM Venom'.
* CM Punk says that he was vomiting after every match following discovering he was sick; discussed some of the symptoms sharing that he felt ill overall including headaches, lack of sleep, shrunken vision, and more.
* Punk stated that he had a cough that took over his body in September of 2014 but it went away, and then returned in November of that very year.
* CM Punk went over getting stiffed by Luke Harper in November of 2013 when he and Daniel Bryan formed an impromptu alliance to take on the Wyatt Family.
* CM Punk confirmed that he was treated by no one else but Dr. Samson during the WWE European tour and Dr. Samson gave him a Z-Pack to treat his concussion symptoms.
For the full notes from day four's morning session of the CM Punk and Colt Cabana versus Dr. Chris Amann trail, click here. When the trail resumes this article will be updated with more information.
Afternoon notes from the trail:
* CM Punk could not confirm exactly what a "Z-Pack" was.
* Punk went on to share a number of details about the 2014 Royal Rumble match which was his last match in WWE. Punk revealed that the creative staff does not have much say in what transpires during the Royal Rumble match. He spoke on the pre-match meeting that wrestlers have before the 30-man bout. CM Punk added that wrestlers are given a list of entry and elimination numbers and are supposed to go off of that during the match. There was footage of a clothesline delivered by Kofi Kingston that Punk took during the match that was said to have concussed him and while Punk confirmed that the "clothesline" did just that, he praised Kofi for his athleticism.
* CM Punk stated that there is no ill-will between him and Kofi for the clothesline and things just happen when everyone is crowded in an area like that.
* Punk became emotional in court while going over the 2014 Royal Rumble match stating that he felt helpless when he asked Dr. Amann for help during the match.
* Text messages between CM Punk and his wife, former WWE superstar AJ "Lee" Mendez-Brooks were shown as they featured Punk describing to AJ the feeling of the lump on his lower back which was causing him so much trouble.
* CM Punk confirmed that he never texted Dr. Amann about the lump.
* Punk went on to claim that he showed Dr. Amann the lump at the 'Royal Rumble' and Amann said he would take care of it.
* Punk was asked by the counsel does he feel bad about anything he said on the podcast and he responded with "No".