Here is your fight-size update for Tuesday, February 9th, 2021:
- In an interview with Forbes, WWE President Nick Khan says WWE has not had a single conversation about NBCUniversal possibly buying the promotion.
“We haven’t discussed it once. At all. By the way, thrilled with being on network TV at Fox. I think I sort of pushed on the emphasis [during the earnings call] on broadcast television, and how important that is, so love that, love what we’re doing with NBC, but no, there has been no dialogue internally or externally on anything like that.”
- In that same interview, Nick Khan revealed that WWE will be doing a lot more business with Bad Bunny. You can read his comments on that topic at this link.
- Speaking of Bad Bunny, Fightful Select reported that the Latin music sensation has dominated recent WWEShop sales.
Bad Bunny Dominates WWE Merch Sales
Bad Bunny was a gigantic merchandise hit, too. At one point last week, Bad Bunny held all four of the top merch selling spots, with his popularly received t-shirt taking spots 1, 3 (women's) and 4 (youth), and the pullover hoodie at number 2. This drove over $500,000 in sales to WWE and Bad Bunny as a result. At the time we got the information, the only other person in the top five was Roman Reigns. Even then, the #5 spot did about 65 percent of the sales of the number four seller, and less than five percent of the top seller. To say that Bad Bunny was a big success is an understatement
- Check out the top 10 moments from the most recent Monday Night Raw.
- In ratings news, the February 8 episode of Straight Up Steve Austin with the WWE Hall of Famer hanging out with NFL great Brett Favre brought in 603,000 which was down from last week's 703,000 viewers for an episode that featured Tiffany Haddish.
- Tonight, Ring of Honor will be hosting a Facebook Q&A with World Famous CB, formerly known as Cheeseburger.
- In an interview with Sportskeeda, Mahabali Shera shared that he was not a fan of the Shera Shuffle dance.
"Honestly, I wasn’t too big a fan of the whole Shera Shuffle gimmick. People advised me to do it, but I never wanted to go down that road. I’m glad the move went viral. People got to know about me. When they think of Shera, the Shera Shuffle comes to mind. But that’s not who I am. If I had a chance to do it again, I wouldn’t want to go down that route."
- On his most recent podcast, Booker T opened up about the passing of Butch Reed.
- On tomorrow night's episode of MLW FUSION, WWE Legend Savio Vega will have to make a choice as to whether or not the IWA promotion in Puerto Rico will sell to Azteca underground Incorporated.
Will IWA Puerto Rico accept the offer to be acquired by Azteca Underground?
Savio Vega has told MLW.com that he will give an answer on behalf of his home promotion.
Will the brawling boricua cave to Salina de la Renta and her new proprietor’s demands? If not, what is the price of crossing the mysterious “El Jefe”?
Find out tomorrow night on FUSION at 7pm ET on
Sam: I got you there.
So I will say we talk a lot and we discuss a lot, and we do help each other and we kind of elevate each other. However, there have been, as there are, great trainers in NXT UK, and across the pond in NXT, there’s great people to learn from and there has been many people helping us out. Shawn Michaels has been a great help. William Regal has been a great help. I mean, there’s a lot of people that you hear the names of and think, “Yeah, of course.”There’s a few more people that maybe haven’t heard of for a while that we could name drop. I don’t know if we shall…
Lewis: You know, we’ve got some secret helpers in the back pocket that, one day, you’ll find out about. Who knows.
But like you say, it’s such a huge learning tree. Everybody’s so good, every single coach, there’s the stuff you’re picking up from everyone. Terry Taylor, as well, was a huge help while he was over… The three weeks we did in Orlando was just, like, a game-changer for us in terms of the things we learned, the experiences we got. Even in terms of mindset, it just really made us realise, “Oh, hang on a minute. We're here. We can do this.” It was a big switch for us.
- You can check out Fightful’s exclusive interview with Mat Dickie of MDickie games at this link.
- Make sure you subscribe to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you access to exclusive interviews, the latest breaking news, exclusive podcasts, Q&A opportunities, and more!