The WWE and USA Network often use Neilson ratings to gauge interest in their programs. With technology increasing, the ratings systems haven't changed that much, and we're stuck not getting an appropriate quarter-hour breakdown.
However, WWE's own Youtube page can lend a little more insight to which segments are performing and drawing viewers, as most segments are released in an abbreviated form. Each week, Fightful.com will bring you Youtube breakdowns of the previous week's show, to get a look at how segments perform individually.
On last week's episode of Raw, Roman Reigns proved to still be of interest, landing two segments over one millions viewers. The big upset of Finn Balor defeating Reigns, as well as the Women's Championship match crossed two million views, an impressive mark that WWE's female in-ring segments don't usually garner.
Braun Strowman's squash match gained more interest than expected, at over 912,000. Nia Jax didn't have the same luck, and her segment was the lowest viewed match of the entire Raw show.
Over on Smackdown, nearly every single segment clocked in at 1,000,000 viewers. It's hard to gauge if this is due to interest in the segment or if it's higher because fewer people watched the show live, but either way, it's a rare feat. Natalya vs. Becky Lynch's totals were horrible, not even cracking 400,000, while the angle introducing all of Smackdown's women wrestlers that followed impressed at 1.316 million. While we don't include video vignettes, the Shelton Benjamin return video did good numbers, at 872,995.
The top three segments on the show all focused on the WWE title picture. The announcement, battle royal and six pack challenge led the way, while the two Randy Orton segments were near the bottom, despite managing over 1,000,000 views.
You can see the full Raw and Smackdown Youtube rankings for last week as of 4 PM on August 2 below.
Raw Youtube Rankings for 7/25
- Roman Reigns vs. Finn Balor (2,815,685)
- Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte: Women's Title Match (2,030, 879)
- WWE Universal Championship announcement (1,962,345)
- Roman Reigns vs. Sheamus vs. Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho (1,297, 595)
- Braun Strowman squash match (912,664)
- The Club Attacks New Day (896,214)
- Neville vs. Curtis Axel (683,038)
- Cesaro vs. Finn Balor vs. Rusev vs. Kevin Owens (672, 506)
- Enzo & Cass vs. Shining Stars (642,045)
- Nia Jax squash match (588,118)
- Bob Backlund, Goldust and Pokemon Go (273,535)
Smackdown Youtube Rankings for 7/26
- Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan announce title opportunity (2,131,796)
- Six Pack Challenge match for WWE title shot (2,015,754)
- Battle Royal for Six Pack Challenge spot (1,642,533)
- Rhyno returns to WWE (1,460,194)
- Introducing the women of Smackdown (1,316,650)
- Randy Orton vs. The Miz (1,309,401)
- Randy Orton on Miz TV (1,144,420)
- Becky Lynch vs. Natalya (380,474)
- From The Web