Report: John Cena Still Refusing To Work Crown Jewel; US State Department Never Contacted WWE

John Cena isn't budging. 

According to Robbie Fox of Barstool Sports and John Pollock of POST Wrestling, John Cena is still refusing to go to Saudi Arabia for Crown Jewel.

HOOK WILL BE SENT ON 12/10 AEW RAMPAGE

Pollock had previously reported that WWE creative was told Cena would be off the show. Daniel Bryan was also reportedly refusing to work the event. According to Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet, Bryan told WWE management he will not compete at the event due to the Saudi government’s reported involvement in the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

WWE decided on Thursday morning that, despite pressure from those in the company, mainstream media, US Senators, and more, Crown Jewel will move forward as scheduled on Nov. 2 in Saudi Arabia. Previous reports stated that WWE was waiting for the State Department to step in and tell them not to hold the event.

Deadspin's David Bixenspan reports that the State Department had nothing to do with WWE's decision and was not in contact with the company.

As of now, both John Cena and Daniel Bryan are being advertised to appear at Crown Jewel.

Get exclusive pro wrestling content on Fightful Select, our premium news service! Click here to learn more.
From The Web