Welcome to the Fightful.com live discussion & coverage for the March 29, 2023 edition AEW Dynamite on TBS.
We will bring results and breakdowns for every match and segment on the show. Follow Fightful on Twitter.com/Fightful and Facebook.com/FIGHTFULONLINE
Here's what is set for the show.
AEW Dynamite (3/29/2023).
- Adam Cole vs. Daniel Garcia.
- IWGP United States Championship Match: Kenny Omega (c) vs. Jeff Cobb
- Matt Hardy (w/ Ethan Page, Stokely Hathaway & Isaiah Kassidy) vs. "Jungle Boy" Jack Perry.
- AEW International Championship Match: Orange Cassidy (c) vs. The Butcher (w/ The Blade).
- Ruby Soho (w/ Saraya & Toni Storm) vs. Willow Nightingale.
- Blackpool Combat Club (Jon Moxley, Wheeler Yuta, Claudio Castagnoli) vs. Dalton Castle & The Boys (Brandon Tate & Brent Tate).
Refresh the site for the latest updates as the show happens.
- Excalibur, Taz & Tony Schiavone welcomed the audience to the broadcast before transitioning to the opening match.
Matt Hardy (w/ Ethan Page) vs. "Jungle Boy" Jack Perry.
Hardy & Page exchanged holds to begin the match before Perry dropkicked Hardy out of the ring. Page tried to go after Hardy with a Tope Suicida, but Hardy caught him and hit a Side Effect on Perry. Hardy was tripping inside the ring, which Page saw and tossed Perry over the barricade while the referee was checking on Hardy. The two regained footing on the apron and exchanged strikes, but Hardy responded and hit a side effect on Perry onto the apron to regain control of the match.
Hardy continued to have control of Perry during the break, with Hardy hitting a lifted Powerbomb on Perry for a near fall before hitting a Catapault onto the middle rope, or as Taz called it, "Whiplash Jones", but that was stopped when Perry hit a lariat on Hardy. Perry climbed to the top rope, but Ethan Page distracts Perry to allow Hardy to hit a Superplex for a near fall. Page shouted at referee Aubrey Edwards, but was stopped by an attack from FTW Champion Hook. Hardy tried getting involved, but Page punched Hardy in the face by accident. Perry saw this and laid in a series of offensive maneuvers on Hardy before connecting a flatliner and the Hidden Blade for the pinfall win. Darby Allin & Sammy Guevara watched the match backstage.
Winner: "Jungle Boy" Jack Perry.
- After the match, AEW World Heavyweight Champion MJF. MJF admitted that his own role was "a joke" as he barely wrestles and cuts promos and praised Perry's abilities to get the crowd behind him, but then said that Perry had no one to blame but himself for not being higher in the AEW Roster, especially after their match in Double or Nothing 2020. Perry got a microphone and recalled MJF telling him that nice guys finish last and to ditch all his friends, to which MJF responded by saying that it could have been the MJF & Jack Perry show had he not given it all for the fans, saying that he became the best wrestler in the world while Perry was still Jungle Boy. Perry then admitted that he had the confidence, the promo, and the lack of care for being the biggest piece of shit in AEW that MJF had, but Perry then said that was not him and said that whenever he becomes AEW Champion, at least he won't hate the man in the mirror. MJF praised Perry's promo but then said that he was a disappointment & that he was weak from everywhere before saying that Anna Jay told him Perry was weak between the knees. Perry & MJF brawled afterward before Perry hit a Lariat and went for another hidden blade, but MJF rolled out of the ring.
- Alex Marvez interviewed Kenny Omega & Don Callis backstage, with Callis admitting that he did fall on his own after grabbing "Hangman" Adam Page's wrist. Callis told Omega to focus on Jeff Cobb while he tries to make amends with Page.
- There was a vignette of Billy Gunn & The Acclaimed (Max Caster & Anthony Bowens) going out with Jake Hager, Angelo Parker & Matt Menard around the city. Parker & Menard asked The Acclaimed if they would join The Acclaimed, but Bowens told them that they would give them a response next week.
Blackpool Combat Club (Jon Moxley, Wheeler Yuta, Claudio Castagnoli) vs. Dalton Castle & The Boys (Brandon Tate & Brent Tate).
BCC attacked Castle & The Boys before the match, with Yuta and Moxley laying out Brandon & Castle in the ring. Castagnoli absolutely beat down Brent before Claudio hit the Ricola Bomb for the quick and dominant pinfall win.
Winners: Blackpool Combat Club (Jon Moxley, Wheeler Yuta, Claudio Castagnoli).
- Alex Marvez interviewed "Hangman" Adam Page backstage and said that The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) were injured and are currently healing. Don Callis interrupted the interview and apologized to Page, but BCC attacked Page backstage. Callis tried to shake Moxley's hand, but Moxley caught him with a vicious forearm strike, busting Callis open from his bald forehead.
- Tony Schiavone interviewed Omega backstage to inform him about BCC attacking Callis backstage, which left Omega bamboozled.
IWGP United States Championship Match: Kenny Omega (c) vs. Jeff Cobb.
The two locked up before Cobb did Omega's taunt. Omega got a headlock on Cobb before going for a shoulder tackle, but Cobb did not move whatsoever before Cobb went for a lariat, but Omega evaded. Cobb ran the ropes, but Omega hit a Hurricanrana on Cobb to send him to the outside before diving outside with a Tope Con Giro on Cobb. Back in the ring, Omega hit an over-the-top Bulldog on Cobb before going for a Body slam, but Cobb landed over Omega before hitting a running Brainbuster on Omega. Cobb he launched Omega right on his ribs with an Irish Whip to the corner before stomping over Omega with a "Surfboard" pose. Omega & Cobb brawled on the outside before Cobb pushed Omega into the barricade, but Omega responded with some chops, but Cobbs speared Omega into the ring post to gain control.
During the picture-in-picture break, Cobb posed for the camera of a fan with Omega's prone body, but Omega landed some punches before Cobb drove Omega into the barricade again. Back in the ring, Cobb continued to dominate proceedings inside the ring before catching Omega with a toe kick on Omega's ribs. Omega landed some jabs on Cobb, but Cobb responded with a cross chop to drop him. Omega landed another set of jabs and three chops, but Cobb responded with a Forearm shiver before locking in a bear hug on Omega.
After the break, Omega broke the hold by attacking Cobb's head before hitting the Radio Silence on Cobb for a near fall. Omega went for a Death Valley Driver, but Cobb's weight stopped him before Cobb caught him with a Twisting Back Suplex. Cobb went for German Suplex, but Omega landed on his feet before hitting a rolling forearm strike, but Cobb hit a forearm of his own. Omega went for a backslide on Cobb before hitting him with a V-Trigger for a near fall. Omega went for another V-Trigger, but Cobb rose and hit a dropkick on Omega. Cobb went for a Samoan Drop, but Omega reversed it with a Dragon Suplex before connecting a second Snap-Dragon Suplex. Omega hit a rising knee strike and a Snap-Dragon Suplex on Cobb, but Cobb rose to his feet and hit a vicious lariat on Omega. The two got back on their feet and exchanged strikes before Cobb placed Omega on the top rope. Omega & Cobb exchanged headbutts in the top before Cobb hit a Delayed Vertical Superplex on Omega. Cobb got a near fall of a later press, but Cobb responded to this with a Standing Moonsault Press for a near fall. Cobb got back up and hit a V-Trigger on Omega before going for the One-Winged Angle, but Omega evaded. Cobb went for the Tour of the Islands, but Omega blocked it and hit a Ripcord Knee Strike before connecting a V-Trigger on Cobb and connecting the One-Winged Angel on Cobb for the pinfall win & title retention.
Winner & Still IWGP United States Champion: Kenny Omega.
- After the match, Claudio Castagnoli, Jon Moxley & Wheeler Yuta surrounded Omega around the ring, but they stopped themselves when Bryan Danielson made his AEW return. Danielson started shouting at the BCC. Danielson extended his hand to Omega, but Danielson then betrayed him and hit the Running Knee before locking in the LeBell Lock on Omega while the rest of the BCC stomped down on Omega. BCC then laid out Brandon Cutler and other security guards before Danielson made Omega pass out. The Blackpool Combat Club stood over Omega before they walked through the crowd area. The American Dragon is back.
There was a video recap detailing the feud between FTR & AW Tag Team Champions The Gunns. After that video, AEW Tag Team Champions The Gunns (Austin & Colten Gunn) ran down on FTR for whine & politic their way to the titles before saying that FTR used to be their heroes, but now they hated them and that they would make FTR live up to the "Top Guys, Out" tagline.
AEW International Championship Match: Orange Cassidy (c) vs. The Butcher (w/ The Blade)
The Butcher & the Blade attacked Cassidy before the match before referee Steffen Smith kicked The Blade out of the arena, but The butcher continued to stomp away on Cassidy. The match officially began with Cassidy going for both the Orange Punch and the Beach Break, but Butcher hit a gut kick and a lariat on Cassidy. Cassidy was launched to the corner, but Cassidy flipped into the apron before doing for a Diving cross-body, but Butcher caught him and dropped rib-first into the corner before hitting a gut buster on Cassidy. Butcher went outside and tossed Cassidy around the barricade before the break.
During the picture-in-picture break, Cassidy got back in the ring, but Butcher caught him with more stomps and a knee strike to Cassidy's ribs before launching him to the corner with an Irish Whip. Butcher got Cassidy in a Bear hug, but Cassidy hit a series of elbow strikes to Butcher's neck to break the hold, but Butcher dropped him with a knee lift to the abdomen before hitting a back breaker into Rack-stretch on Cassidy followed by a sideslam.
Back from the break, Butcher went for a leg drop, but Cassidy evaded and went for a Tornado DDT, but Butcher blocked it with a knee lift and hit a lariat on Cassidy for a near fall. Butcher locked in the Texas Cloverleaf on before going for a powerbomb, but Cassidy racked Butcher's eyes. Cassidy went for an Orange Punch, but Butcher reversed it with a choke breaker. Butcher went for a lariat, but Cassidy hit a Slumdog Millionaire before hitting a Tornado DDT for a near fall. Cassidy climbed to the top rope and hit a Diving DDT, but Butcher kicked out at two. The Butcher distracted the referee before The Blade appeared and Cassidy with a crowbar before Butcher hit another Choke Bomb for a near fall. Trent Beretta & Chuck Taylor attacked The Blade before they hit Butcher with a Crowbar in response. Cassidy saw this and hit the Orange Punch followed by the Beach Break on Butcher for the pinfall win.
Winner & Still AEW International Champion: Orange Cassidy.
- TBS Champion Jade Cargill, Mark Sterling & Leila Grey called out Taya Valkyrie, saying that if she used the "Jaded (Glam Slam)" on her opponent on AEW Rampage, they would sue Valkyrie.
- There was a video vignette of "ROCK HARD" Juice Robinson calling out Ricky Starks & Action Andretti. Robinson said that all the offense he would give Andretti on Rampage would be dedicated to Starks ahead of their match on AEW Dynamite next week.
Ruby Soho (w/ Saraya & Toni Storm) vs. Willow Nightingale.
Soho got out of the ring and huddled with Storm & Saraya to begin the match, while Willow was teary-eyed on the beginning of the match. The two began the match locking up before Willow leaned Soho into the corner. Soho slapped Willow and got some offense, but Willow responded with a side slam and a running basement cross-body on Soho to gain control. Willow dominated the beginning of proceedings, but Soho regained control by launching Willow into the middle rope before Saraya hit a series of knee lifts on Willow. Soho gained control of the match before and during the picture-in-picture break, but that ended when Willow launched Saraya onto the ring post and hit a ring hip attack, a snap-mare, a high boot, and a Spinebuster on Soho for a near fall. Willow climbed to the top rope, but Toni Storm distracted Willow before Soho hit two No Future Kicks on Soho. Soho went for Destination Unkown, but Willow evaded and hit the POUNCE on Soho. Willow went for the Doctor Bomb, but Storm pulled Soho before Soho got a Schoolboy Roll-Up on Willow for the pinfall win.
The Outcast tried to attack Willow after the match but were interrupted by Skye Blue & Riho. The Outsiders outnumbered Riho & Blue, but Jami Hayter laid out The Outsiders to make the save. Hayter chased The Outsiders off the apron.
Winner: Ruby Soho.
- TNT Champion Powerhouse Hobbs cut a promo stating that the TNT Title would never leave his waist.
Adam Cole vs. Daniel Garcia.
Cole & Garcia began the match with some chain wrestling, with Garcia controlling the early proceedings of the match. Cole had a series of headlocks on Garcia, but Garcia reversed it with the Leg Scissors before catching Cole with a Spike Piledriver on Cole to send him out of the ring. The referee Bryce Reumsberg kept a close eye on Cole's neck before Garcia demanded the referee to go for the count-out, but Garcia stopped it and went for another Piledriver, but Cole responded with a back-drop on Garcia to regain some footing, but Garcia quickly regained control and targeted his offense on Cole's injured neck. Cole regained some footing before the two exchanged pump kicks before Garcia hit a deadweight German on Cole. Garcia went for a Superkick, but Cole caught him with a Thrust kick of his own. Cole went for a knee strike, but Garcia evaded and hit anvil Elbows before getting a sleeper, but Cole reversed it with a pin for a near fall. Cole went for the Panama Sunrise on Garcia, but Garcia rolled over and locked in the Dragon Tamer on Cole before Cole got a rope break. Cole was checked on by the referee before Garcia hit a Straight Jacket Piledriver on Cole's neck for a near fall. Garcia went for a Corner Splash, but Coel caught him with a Thrust kick and connected the Panama Sunrise. Cole ended proceedings by hitting the Last Shot on Garcia for the pinfall win in his first match back in nine months.
Winner: Adam Cole.
- After the match, His girlfriend, Dr. Britt Baker DMD embraced in the ring after the match for a wholesome sight to end the broadcast. Chris Jericho got Daniel Garcia and walked him on the ramp to end the broadcast.
- Check out the post-show podcast for a full review of the show on Fightful's YouTube & Twitch channels. You can check Fightful's Results Section here.