Welcome to the Fightful.com live discussion & coverage for the 7/28/2022 edition of IMPACT Wrestling live on AXS TV & YouTube. We will bring full results and breakdowns for every match and segment on the show. Follow Fightful on Twitter.com/Fightful and Facebook.com/FIGHTFULONLINE
- Rich Swann vs. Kushida
- Josh Alexander vs. Shera
- Laredo Kid & Trey Miguel vs. Johnny Swinger & Zicky Dice.
- Ace Austin vs. Eddie Edwards.
- After a video vignette highlighting the match of Alex Shelley vs. Chris Sabin, Kushida's IMPACT Debut, and a brawl with Josh Alexander and Shera, Tom Hannifan and Matt Rehwoldt welcomed the audience to the broadcast. They quickly transitioned to the opening match.
Eddie Edwards (w/ Kenny King) vs. Ace Austin (w/ Chris Bey).
Edwards and Austin began the match with Edwards attacking Austin from behind. Edwards poked Austin's eyes before Austin hit a trip/kick on Edwards. Austin hit Edwards with the Magistral for a near fall. Austin carved Edwards' hand with a card. Austin hit a cartwheel kick on Edwards' head from the apron. Austin went for a super kick, but Edwards evaded and hit a double forearm strike on Austin's neck. Edwards placed Austin on the apron and hit a chop on his chest. Back in the ring, Edwards choked Austin with the middle rope before hitting a stalling Atomic Drop and a Belly-To-Belly Toss on Austin for a near fall. Edwards placed Austin in the corner and chopped him in the chest. Edwards placed Austin in the top turnbuckle and hit him with a chop. Austin hit a top-rope victory roll on Edwards for a near fall. Austin hit Edwards with two back elbows, two knee strikes, and a dropkick. Austin hit. forearm strike, but Edwards caught him with another atomic drop. Austin lowered the rope before hitting a running Moonsault Tope on Edwards to the outside. Austin hit a top rope leg drop on Edwards for a near fall. Edwards placed Austin in the turnbuckle and hit him with a Flat back Stunner for a near fall. Austin went for a Boston Knee Party, but Austin caught him with a Double Stomp. King and Bey were kicked out of the match before Austin hit him with a referee-assitsed kick on King's head. Bey hit King with a Tope Con Giro. Austin went for The Fold, but Edwards reversed with an overhead toss into the turnbuckle. Back from the commercial break, Edwards hit a short-hand chop on Austin before hitting a short-hand lariat for a near fall. Austin and Edwards exchange forearm strikes. Austin went for a double-springboard kick, but Edwards evaded the kick before hitting a lariat on Austin. Austin hit the double-springboard kick on Edwards for a near fall. Austin went for an O'Connor Roll, but Edwards reversed it with a pop-up powerbomb for a near fall. Edwards hit a Liger Bomb before hitting the Die Hard Driver for the 1-2-3 win.
Winner: Eddie Edwards (w/ Kenny King).
- Heath was interviewed backstage by Gia Miller. He said that he tried to do it with honor, but there was no way to deal with Honor No More than Guerilla Warfare. He said that, if needed, he will hit every member of Honor No More with a Wake Up Call.
- IMPACT World Champion Josh Alexander was interviewed by Gia Miller ahead of his match against Shera, but was interrupted by Alex Shelley. Shelley told him that skill makes the wrestler, reminding Alexander that he is facing against the most technical and skilled in the company.
Laredo Kid & Trey Miguel vs. Johnny Swinger & Zicky Dice.
Dice and Miguel began the match, with Miguel pushing Dice into Swinger. Miguel hit an inverted 619 and a sliding kick on Dice. Miguel and Laredo Kid hit double-shotgun dropkicks on Dice. Dice and Swinger wore gimp masks before Laredo Kid tossed Dice back in the ring. Laredo Kid slapped Dice straight in the mouth. Miguel and Laredo Kid tossed Dice out of the ring before Miguel hit a low-tope Suicida on Dice to the outside. Dice and Swinger hit double back elbows on Miguel before Swinger got a near fall. Miguel hit a rebound handspring kick on Dice. Laredo Kid hit a cross body on Dice. Swinger and Dice went for a back-breaker/ elbow drop on Laredo Kid, but Laredo Kid moved out of the way and Swinger landed the elbow drop on Dice's knee. Miguel hit Swinger with a Meteora before Laredo Kid hit a Frog splash for the pinfall win.
Winner: Laredo Kid & Trey Miguel.
- Bhupinder Gujjar tried to challenge Brian Myers for the IMPACT Digital Media Championship. Myers said that someone already accepted the challenge, with Crazzy Steve revealing that Myers would be facing Black Taurus. Myers tried to get away from the match, mentioning that Taurus needed to get a Canadian Visa, but D'Amore walked into the scene and approved the match.
- Tasha Steelz made her way to the commentary table to join for the Ohio Valley Wrestling showcase match.
Tiffany Nieves vs. Jada Stone.
The two locked up before Nieves tossed Stone into the mat. Nieves stomped on Stone's hair before hitting her with a bodyslam for a near fall. Nieves got Stone in a Hair-pulling Camel Clutch, but Stone slammed Niebes into the top turnbuckle. Stone hit Nieves with a high kick and a super kick. Stone got a near fall and went for a moonsault, but Nieves evaded. Stone went for a running senton, but Nieves evaded and hit her with a DDT. Nievesngot a hold of the rope for the pinfall win.
Winner: Tiffany Nieves.
- After the match, KILLER FUCKING KELLY made her return to IMPACT Wrestling. Kelly hit Nieves with a pump kick before getting Nieves in a one-hand sleeper. Kelly hit a low-shotgun drop kick on Stone before hitting a double-under hook face slam. Tasha Steelz was bamboozled by Kelly's debut.
- Eric Young and Deaner were backstage. Deaner said that he would take out Kushida, but Young told him to take out Motor City Machine Guns and Kushida after.
- Chris Sabin, Scott D'Amore, Sami Callihan, Kushida, Trey Miguel, and Jimmy Jacobs spoke about Aleex Shelley ahead of Shelley challenging for the IMPACT World Championship on Emergence. The surprise came when, of all people, former NXT Champion Johnny Gargano was also a part of this vignette, giving high praise to Shelley. Gargano is set to appear in Starrcast 5.
Shera (w/ Raj Singh) vs. Josh Alexander.
Alexander went for an arm drag, but Shera got him. Luckily for Alexander, he transitioned into an abdominal stretch. Shera tossed Alexander to the other side of the ring. After three attempts, Alexander clotheslined Shera out of the ring. Outside of the ring, Shera and Alexander brawled on the outside, with Shera sending him back in the ring after slamming his head on the apron. Alexander hit Shera with a guillotine into the top rope before hitting him with a cross body on Shera's back. Raj Singh distracted Alexander, but Alexander got back in the ring unamused. Alexander got Shera in ankle lock, with Shera tapping out to give Alexander the submission victory.
Winner: Josh Alexander.
- Gia Miller interviewed Moose backstage, denying that he and Steve Maclin have an alliance. Moose said he did not need Maclin tainting his victory against Sami Callihan in Against All Odds.
- Eddie Edwards was backstage saying that Scott D'Amore was trying to screw Honor No More before saying that they will take whatever they want. Honor No More confronted Scott D'Amore, saying that this was a conspiracy against Honor No More. Maria Kanellis shouted at Honor No More, with D'Amore telling Edwards that being a leader comes with responsibilities.
- Deonna Purrazzo and Chelsea Green were backstage looking at pictures of Green before being interrupted by Jessika. IMPACT Knockouts Tag Team Champions Rosemary and Taya Valkyrie got Jessicka back, with Rosemary telling Jessicka that they were not partying with VXT. Jessicka said that she knew how to make Bottomless Mimosas and everyone but Rosemary lost their minds.
- Raj Singh hooted and hollered in the ring. Lights went out and came back on to reveal Sami Callihan. Callihan hit the Cactus Driver on Singh before calling out Moose. Callihan said he did not give a damn if he was in cahoots with Steve Maclin as both had a date with the Death Machine.
- Gia Miller interviewed Mia Yim backstage ahead of her match against IMPACT Women's Champion Jordynne Grace. Yim said that Grace was going to see why they called her the HBIC (The Head Baddie In Charge). There were technical difficulties, with Hannifan apologizing for the interview.
- Scott D'Amore ran backstage to see why the broadcast was cut, only to reveal Honor No More messing with the production truck. D'Amore said that Honor No More will face Bullet Club, with the stipulation that if they lose they would be disbanded. The match is happening in Emergence.
- POC vs. Doc Gallows in a Derby City Street Fight, Deonna Purrazzo vs Rosemary, Masha Slamovich vs. Gisele Shaw & Brian Myers vs. Black Taurus for the IMPACT Digital Media Championship set for the 8/4/2022 edition of IMPACT Wrestling.
Rich Swann vs. Kushida.
Kushida and Swann began the match shaking hands before locking up, with Kushida immediately going for ankle lock before transitioning into a chin lock before getting lateral press for a one-count kick out. The two did a greko Roman lock up before Kushida quickly transitioned into a Full Nelson into a snap mare. Kushida went for a leg scissors, but Swann kipped up to break the hold. Swann and Kushida exchanged headlocks before Kushida hit Swann with a shoulder tackle. Kushida hit Swann with an arm drag before going for a second lateral press for a near fall. The two evaded each other's dropkick attempts before staring each other down. Kushida got Swann in a extended wrist lock, but Swann broke the hold with a flipping slam. Swann chopped Kushida in the chest, but Kushida responded with a palm strike to the face. Kushida hit another palm strike on Swann's face before teasing Swann with a spring rope move attemp. Kushida hit a double-foot stomp on Swann's head before getting Swann in a double-arm bar, but Swann broke the hold with a rope break. Swann hit a dropkick on Kushida. Swann hit multiple slaps before hitting a spinning kick straight to Kushida's ribs. Swann hit a snap mare/ kick combo on Kushida. Swann hit a sliding dropkick on Kushida's back, sending him to the outside of the ring. Kushida and Swann exchanged chops on the outside before Swann missed and chopped the ring post, damaging his right hand. Swann laid in the punches on Kushida in the corner before hitting him with a pump-break punch. Kushida kicked Swann's knees, but Swann kicked Kushida in his back. Swann got Kushida in a chin lock, but Kushida broke the hold with elbows. Swann and Kushida hit each other with double cross-body. Kushida laid in the kicks on Swann's side before hitting a running cross-body, a Pele kick, a third palm strike, and an arm-buster. Kushida got Swann in an arm bar, but Swann reversed it in a pin for a near fall. Kushida locked in the arm bar again, but Swann broke the hold with a rope break. Kushida went for a hammerlock DDT, but Swann broke the hold and hit a forearm strike on Kushida's face. Kushida hit a running kick on Swann's right arm, but Swann responded with a spinning heel kick, a Tanaka punch, and a back fist, but Kushida hit a low-kick on Swann's injured arm. Swann hit two super kicks before hitting Kushida with a neck breaker. Swann hit Kushida with a kip-back kick for a near fall. Swann went for the Phoenix Splash, but Kushida moved out of the way for Swann to fall face first into the mat. Kushida kicked Swann's left arm and hit a hip toss/ shotgun dropkick on Swann. Kushida went for the Kimura Lock, but Swann turned it into a German Suplex. Kushida got into the top turnbuckle, but Swann responded with Tijerwas, sending Kushida straight to the mat. Kushida hit a cartwheel kick on Swann, whom was on the top turnbuckle, before hitting Swann in an Avalanche Spanish Fly while holding the Kimura Lock. Kushida cinched in the hold, leaving Swann with no choice but to tap out, giving the former IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion the submission victory. Kushida stood tall to end the show.