Welcome to the Fightful.com live discussion & coverage for the 9/22/2022 edition of IMPACT Wrestling on AXS TV & YouTube (Membership Exclusive). We will bring full results and breakdowns for every match and segment on the show. Follow Fightful on Twitter.com/Fightful and Facebook.com/FIGHTFULONLINE
- Ladder Match for Digital Media Championship: Brian Myers (c) vs. Bhupinder Gujjar.
- Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) vs. Aussie Open (Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis).
- Jordynne Grace vs. Zicky Dice (w/ Johnny Swinger).
- Mia Yim vs. Trey Miguel vs. Black Taurus (w/ Crazzy Steve) vs. Alex Zayne vs. Laredo Kid.
- Heath Challenges a Member of Honor No More to a Street Fight.
- Sami Callihan, Steve Maclin & Moose In a Hold-Harmless Contract Signing.
- After a video package recapping the proceedings from the 9/15/2022 episode of IMPACT Wrestling, Tom Hannifan & Matt Rehwoldt welcomed the audience to the broadcast before quickly transitioning to the opening segment.
Ladder Match for Digital Media Championship.
Brian Myers (c) vs. Bhupinder Gujjar.
Gujjar threw punches on Myers before tossing him face-first to the top turnbuckle to begin the match. Gujar hit a body slam & a knee drop on Myers before connecting a spinning kick, a pump kick, a ripcord knee strike, and a Samoan Drop. Gujjar went for a middle rope spear on Myers, but Myers caught him with a knee strike. Myers tried to get in the ring with a ladder, but Gujjar caught him with a sliding dropkick on the ladder into Myers' chest. Myers hit a back suplex on Gujjar onto the apron. Back in the ring, Myers started to climb the ladder, but Gujjar tossed Myers off the ladder into a cutter on Myers. Gujjar hit a Middle rope spear on Myers onto the ladder. Gujjar climbed the ladder to retrieve the title, but Myers slammed the ladder onto the top rope, with Gujjar landing neck first on the top rope. Myers dumped the ladder on Gujjar's face, with Gujjar bleeding heavily from the nose. Myers hit an Irish Whip on Gujjar onto the ladder and the ladder fell down on Gujjar's back while Myers taunted the crowd. Myers hit a running lariat on Gujar before going to the outside of the ring and bringing in another ladder. Myers set up the second ladder and tried to climb but Gujjar got the other ladder and set it up. The two tried their respective ladders before they exchanged strikes on the top of the ladders. Gujjar dropped Myers and tried to climb up, but Myers attacked him from behind before hitting a Back Suplex on Gujjar off the ladder onto the mat. Outside of the ring again, Myers got the third ladder and leaned it into the stairs. Gujjar & Myers exchanged strikes on ringside before Gujjar got Myers in a fireman's carry, but Myers got off the carry and hit a superkick before he hit a powerbomb on Gujjar onto the ladder that was leaned on the stairs. Back in the ring and heavily worn down, Myers climbed to the ladder and tried to retrieve the Digital Media Championship, but Gujjar pulled him off the ladder before hitting him with a superkick, sending Myers to the outside of the ring. Gujjar climbed the ladder again, but Myers caught him with a low blow before taping Guujjar's leg onto the ladder. with red duck tape. With Gujjar having nowhere to go, this allowed Myers to climb the ladder and retrieve his Digital Media Championship, awarding him the hard-fought win & title retention.
Winner & Still Digital Media Champion: Brian Myers (c).
- Rich Swann, Heath & IMPACT World Heavyweight Champion Josh Alexander were backstage talking about their match against Honor No More. Heath apologized to Alexander & Swann for costing them the IMPACT Tag Title Match. Heath revealed that he will face any member of Honor No More in a Street Fight Open Challenge. Swann & Alexander offered their services for the match, but Heath told them that he need to do it on his own.
Jordynne Grace vs. Zicky Dice (w/ Johnny Swinger).
Dice went for a kick on Grace, but Grace caught him with three spinning back fists, a German Suplex, and ripping Dice's shirt off before tossing it to the crowd. Grace hit the Made in Japan Driver on Dice for the decisive and dominant pinfall win.
Winner: Jordynne Grace.
- Father James Mitchell cut a promo on behalf of his protege, Max The Impaler, ahead of their debut match against Grace. Mitchell said that Grace would face the wrath of the Non-Binary Nightmare on Victory Road.
Black Taurus vs. Mia Yim vs. Trey Miguel vs. Laredo Kid vs. Alex Zayne.
The match began with The four male competitors exchanged strikes while Yim stood on the side. Yim hit a double arm drag on Zayne & Miguel, but Zayne and Miguel answered with a low knee-dropkick and a shotgun dropkick to the head combo on Yim. Miguel and Zayne exchanged holds and lateral presses before Zyane hti a shoulder tackle on Miguel, but Miguel popped up after the move. Miguel sent Zayne to the corner and attempted a move, but instead he lionsaulted to the mat before Zayne went for a rolling elbow strike, but the two evaded each others offense before Yim hit a middle rope shotgun dropkick on Zyane & Miguel. Yim hit the kicks and strikes on Black Taurus, but Taurus caught her with a vicious headbutt to knock her out. Laredo Kid hit a Hurricanrana on Taurus from the top rope before hitting the Tijeras on Taurus. Taurus hti a corner lariat, a elbow strike, an enziguri kick, and went for a leaping knee strike on Laredo Kid, but Laredo evade and hit the top rope Tijeras on Taurus to the outside. Miguel & Zayn ehit stereo Topes Con Giro on Laredo Kid & Black Taurus, but Yim surprised everyone with a cannonball into the pile before the commercial break. Zayne and Laredo Kid double-teamed Miguel before Miguel hit an arm drag on Laredo Kid. Miguel hit a drop toe-hold on Laredo Kid onto Zayne's Taco bells before he hit Zayne & Laredo Kid with a Inverted DDT/ Flatliner combo for a near fall on Laredo Kid & Zayne. Miguel hit a shotgun dropkick on Taurus, a running forearm strike on Yim, and place Laredo Kid on the top rope. Taurus tossed Zayne onto Miguel & Laredo Kid to the top rope, leading to Zayne hitting an Avalanche Double Frankensteiner on Miguel & Laredo Kid. Zayne hit Taurus with the Baja Blast for a near fall. Zyane hit a superkick on Yim, but Miguel & Laredo Kid hit him with double superkicks. Laredo Kid then hit a Canadian Destroyer on Miguel, but Black Taurus hit a crucifix bomb on Laredo Kid, to which Miguel responded with a cartwheel enziguri kick on Taurus. Yim hit a powerbomb on Zayne before hitting the Package Piledriver on Zayne, but Laredo kid & Miguel broke the pin by hitting a double superkick on Yim to break the pin. Laredo Kid & Miguel exchanged strikes before Black Taurus hit a Torture Rack Back breaker on Miguel. Laredo Kid hit a shotgun dropkick on Taurus & a neck breaker on Zayne. Laredo Kid went for a Corkscrew Moonsault on Zayne, but Zyane evaded and attempted a corkscrew senton on Laredo Kid, but Laredo Kid lifted his knees to stop the landing. Black Taurus hit a vicious spear on Laredo Kid before hitting Destination Hellhole on Zyane for the pinfall win.
Winner: Black Taurus.
- There was a vignette showing Eric Young & Deaner recruiting members for Violent By Design. Young & Deaner attacked all of the recruits before stomping them down and gauging their faces. Deaner & Young were the only ones standing, possibly implying that there won't be any more new recruits to the faction.
- There was another music video vignette promoting Joe Hendry's arrival to IMPACT Wrestling. The video consisted of a couple arguing before Hendry appeared and started playing his theme music.
- Heath challenged a member of Honor No more to a street fight. PCO initially answered Heath's challenge, but Eddie Edwards and the rest of Honor No More came to the ramp to talk sense to PCO. Heath told PCO that he would rather be a rebel than be a coward. Edwards told PCO that he belonged to him & to Honor No More, to which Heath responded by calling PCO Edwards' little lap dog. PCO stormed past Honor No More to answer the challenge.
Heath vs. PCO (w/ Vincent).
Heath hit a spring rope crossbody on PCO to the outside to begin the match before chasing down Vincent. PCO hit a neck breaker on Heath onto the ramp before hitting him with two leg drops on Heath. PCO went for a powerbomb, but Heath hit a back body drop on PCO onto the ramp. PCO & Heath brawled across the crowd area, with Heath throwing a drink at PCO's head. PCO hit Heath with a trash can on his back before slamming Heath into a garage door. PCO threw a bunch of chairs before launching a set of chairs on Heath. Heath and PCO made their way to the stage, where Heath hit PCO with a DDT onto the stage before tossing PCO onto a set of chairs on the crowd off the stage. Eddie Edwards, Matt Taven, Mike Bennett & Kenny King made their way to the ring to surround Heath, but Rich Swann & Josh Alexander came from behind to save Heath. Heath got hit with a chair from behind by Vincent, but Heath responded by hitting Vincent with a Wake-Up Call. While Heath spoke with Alexander & Swann, PCO stormed off the pile of chairs wrapped in even more chairs before tossing a bunch of chairs to the ring on Heath. Back in the ring, Heath & PCO exchanged strikes before PCO hit a chokeslam on Heath. PCO stacked a bunch of chairs on top of each other before putting on a glove filled with Thumbtacks. PCO locked in a Mandible Claw on Heath before placing Heath onto the chairs. PCO went for the De-Animator on Heath, but landed straight into the chairs before Heath hit him with a Wake-Up Call onto the chairs for the pinfall win.
Aussie Open (Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis) vs. Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin).
Fletcher and Shelley began the match locking up before Fletcher got Shelley in a wrist lock, but Shelley got Fletcher in a wrist lock of his own. Fletcher hit a shoulder tackle on Shelley before attempting a suplex, but Shelley reversed it with two ripcord chops and an arm breaker on Fletcher. Sabin & Shelley hit a knee drop/ standing splash on Fletcher for a near fall. Sabin evaded Fletcher's offense before doing the cat taunt on Fletcher. Davis tagged in before hitting a headlock takedown on Davis. Davis leaned Sabin in the corner, but Sabin hit a chop on Sabin. Davis caught Sabin off the crossbody, but Sabin hit Davis with elbow strikes & hit a top rope Tijeras on Davis. Sabin went for a wrist lock, but Davis caught him with a chop. Shelley & Sabin hit a drop toe-hold/ bulldog faceslam on Davis before hitting a double shotgun dropkick on Fletcher. Shelley hit a diving knee strike on Fletcher off the apron on Fletcher while Sabin hit a cannonball off the apron onto Davis. Back in the ring, Davis hit a corner forearm strike on Shelley Fletcher and Davis evaded Shelley & Sabin's offense before they slammed their backs onto each other before the commercial break. Back from the break, Fletcher lifted Shelley ina suplexposition. Fletcher & Davis took turns on holding Sabin before Fletcher slammed Shelley into the mat with the suplex for a near fall. Davis tagged back n and hit a body slam on Shelley. Davin went for a senton, but Shelley evaded an tried to tag in Sabin, but Fletcher pulled him from the leg. Shelley tossed Fletcher with his leg onto the turnbuckle before tagging in Sabin. Sabin hit a shotgun dropkick on Davis, a top rope Dropkick on Fletcher, a crossbody on Davis to the outside, another top rope dropkick on Fletcher, a running Pele kick on Davis from the apron and a top rope cross body on Fletcher for a near fall. Shelley hit a corner lariat on Fletcher before Sabin & Shelley hit the Top Rope Dropkick/ Flatliner combo on Fletcher for a near fall. Sabin tried to hit an Irish Whip on Fletcher, but Fletcher rolled over Sabin before hitting him with a vicious Michinoku Driver before Davis got Sabin in a Fireman's carry, dropping him into a roundhouse kick from Fletcher. Davis and Fletcher hit a Spinning body lift into a diving cutter on Sabin for a near fall, thanks to Shelley. Fletcher hit a leaping kick on Shelley before the two laid in strikes on Sabin in the corner before hitting him with an Assisted Blackout for a near fall. Aussie Open attempted the Corealis, Sabin hit a tornado DDT on Fletcher. Shelley & Sabin hit an Atomic Drop into two running shotgun dropkicks on Fletcher into a Last Chancery/ Shotgun dropkick combination. They then hit stereo Helluva kicks on Davis before hitting the Top rope dFrog Splash/ Neckbreaker on Davis combination for the pinfall win. They will challenge IMPACT Tag Team Champions Mike Bennett & Matt Taven on Bound For Glory 2022.
Winners: Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin).
- Gia Miller interviewed Tasha Steelz & Savannah Evans backstage, but Steelz kicked Miller out of the backstage. Steelz tried to attack Killer Kelly from behind, but Kelly took the chair off Evans and sat in front of Steelz. Steelz told Kelly that she will play on Victory Road.
- Gisele Shaw cut a promo backstage ahead of her match against Mickie James on Victory Road 2022, with Shaw saying that she will be doing James a favor by beating her and forcing her to retire from Wrestling.
- Sami Callihan, Steve Maclin & Moose participated in a Hold-Harmless Contract Signing ahead of their Tripel Threat Barbed Wire Massacre Match on Victory Road 2022, moderated by IMPACT President Scott D'Amore. After Callihan no-showed on his entrance Moose said that Maclin's experience in the match in Victory Road will not be anything compared to his involvement as a part of the Military. Maclin said that Moose had not seen the things he had seen and done, saying that he is not afraid of him or a barbed wire match. Maclin said the Triple Threat Barbed Wire Massacre would be Mayhem to all. Callihan made his way to the ring and asked to stop this bullcrap. To the delight of the crowd, Callihan said that Maclin & Moose caught him off-guard but he did not about their relationship because they made a grave mistake by messing with the Master of Muppets. Callihan said that he would carve Moose & Maclin, to which Maclin responded by telling him to sign the contract. Callihan tried to sign the contract with a barb-wired pen, but Maclin slammed Callihan's face to the contract table. Maclin & Moose agreed in laying out Callihan ahead of their match, with Maclin attempting a corner spear on Callihan, but Moose caught him with a spear from out of nowhere. Callihan, bloody in the face, stood up and tossed Moose into the contract table before hitting him with a Piledriver. Callihan signed the contract to the match with the blood that came from his face, making the match official. Callihan stood tall on Ringside to end the broadcast.