Welcome to Fightful's live coverage and discussion for Monday Night WWE Raw!!
Join us for live coverage, and comment on our boards below, or our forums by registering for FREE at fightful.com.
- Raw GM Kurt Angle is in the ring to start the show, the Money In The Bank briefcase and Raw Women’s Title are on a table. Angle talks about the Raw Brands dominance at WWE Money In The Bank, Angle then brings out Raw Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss. Angle then presents Bliss with the Raw Women’s Title, Angle says Bliss will defend the title against Nia Jax at WWE Extreme Rules. Bliss thanks the fans for the opportunity to rub her win in all of their faces, Bliss calls Ronda Rousey a bully and then talks about cashing in her MITB contract last night. Rousey interrupts and she makes her way to the ring to confront Bliss, Bliss mocks Rousey after attacking her last night at MITB. Bliss mocks Rousey for not winning the Raw Women’s Title at MITB, Bliss says Rousey can’t stand the the focus is on her and that Rousey is irrelevant.
Bliss also refers to Rousey as an over hyped rookie, Rousey gets passed Angle and she attacks Bliss before tossing Angle. Rousey grabs the other MITB briefcase and she attacks Bliss with it, Angle tries stopping Rousey and she hits him with the case as well. WWE officials hit the ring and Rousey gets rid of them quickly, Rousey then power bombs Bliss through a table.
- Ronda Rousey and Raw GM Ronda Rousey are arguing backstage, Angle then announces that Rousey is suspended for 30 days and she may not get another chance to win the Raw Women's Title.
- Renee Young tries interviewing Ronda Rousey, Rousey says she is fine with the suspension and she will kick Alexa Bliss’ ass after the suspension.
- WWE Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins makes his way to the ring, Rollins grabs the microphone to talk about the energy in the arena tonight. Rollins talks about his match with Elias at WWE Money In The Bank, Rollins says there is going to be an IC Title open challenge tonight and it is answered by Dolph Ziggler.
WWE Intercontinental Title Match
Seth Rollins (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler w/Drew McIntyre
The match begins with Ziggler kicking Rollins in the midsection, Ziggler fails at a Zig Zag attempt and then Rollins fails at a curb stomp attempt as we go to a commercial break. We return from the break to see Rollins getting Ziggler in the ring, Rollins looks for a springboard move and Ziggler drop kicks him to the arena floor. Ziggler goes out of the ring and he attacks Rollins with some strikes, Ziggler gets Rollins in the ring and he kicks Rollins in his injured knee. Ziggler follows that up by landing a neck breaker on Rollins followed by an elbow drop for a near fall, Ziggler would then apply the chin lock to a downed Rollins. Ziggler releases the hold before ripping away at Rollins face, Rollins fights back and Ziggler drops him with a hard Irish whip. Ziggler reapplies the chin lock to a downed Rollins, Ziggler uses a jaw break to get free and then he nails Ziggler with a sling shot to the ring post.
Rollins follows Ziggler around the ring while landing some strikes, Rollins would then drop Ziggler with running forearm strikes and a sling blade. Rollins then launches a charging Ziggler to the arena floor, Rollins would then catch Ziggler with a suicide dive. Rollins gets Ziggler in the ring before landing a springboard clothesline for a near fall as we go to a commercial break, we return from the break to see Ziggler catch Rollins with an avalanche. Rollins and Ziggler exchange roll ups for a few near falls, Rollins then hits Ziggler with a Rip Cord knee strike for a near fall. Rollins nails Ziggler before missing the curb stomp, Ziggler surprises Rollins with a Fame Asser for another near fall. Ziggler looks for a super kick and Rollins counters with two of his own for a near fall, Rollins goes to the top rope and he misses a frog splash attempt.
Ziggler now goes to the top rope and Rollins lands a strike before meeting him up there, Ziggler knocks Rollins down and Rollins goes back up to get knocked off again. Ziggler goes for a high cross body and Rollins rolls through to land a buckle bomb, Rollins then hits Ziggler with a side kick. Ziggler distracts Rollins and that leads to a series of roll ups that ends with Ziggler getting the three count.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler w/Drew McIntyre, your new WWE Intercontinental Champion
After the match, Drew McIntyre attacks Seth Rollins after some taunting from Dolph Ziggler, the two then hit Rollins with their tag team finisher.
- Renee Young interviews Dolph Ziggler, Ziggler says that Raw belongs to himself and Drew McIntyre.
Bobby Roode vs. Curt Hawkins
The match starts with Hawkins kicking Roode in the injured rib cage, Hawkins catches Roode with a roll up for a near fall. Roode recovers and nails a charging Hawkins with a spine buster, Roode then hits Hawkins with a Glorious DDT for the three count.
Winner: Bobby Roode
- Highlights are shown of Braun Strowman’s win at WWE Money In The Bank.
- Braun Strowman makes his way to the ring and he has a microphone in hand, Strowman talks about all of the destruction he has caused in the WWE. Strowman calls his MITB win the greatest of his career, Strowman promises to cash in the title shot against Brock Lesnar to become the WWE Universal Champion. Kevin Owens comes out and he has a microphone in hand, Strowman says he is surprised to see Owens here tonight. Owens says he is here tonight to congratulate Strowman on his win last night, Owens said he knew Strowman would win the contract all along. Owens says he wants to help Strowman and watch his back, Owens also says Sami Zayn was injured by Bobby Lashley at MITB. Owens says he would like to challenge Strowman for the WWE Universal Title after he cashes in the contract, Owens shakes Strowman’s hand and Strowman tries to power slam him, but Owens escapes.
- Highlights are shown of the Riott Squad's beating on Bayley from last weeks Raw air.
- Sasha Banks is approached by Bayley backstage, Bayley says she is sorry that Banks didn't win the MITB contract. Bayley tries helping Banks get over losing last night, Bayley says she wants to fight the Riott Squad with Banks at her side. Bayley says they need to have a new start and they seemingly make up.
- The B-Team appear on the big screen before the next match, mocking The Deleter Of Worlds. The B-Team says they aren’t afraid of The Deleters Of Worlds and will win the Raw Tag Team Titles.
The Deleters Of Worlds (Matt Hardy & Bray Wyatt) vs. Rhyno & Heath Slater
The match begins with Rhyno and Slater jumping Hardy and Wyatt before the bell sounds, Wyatt fights back and he tags Hardy into the match. Hardy grabs Rhyno and he smashes his head into the turnbuckle multiple times, Hardy knocks Slater off the ring apron before eating a clothesline from Rhyno. Slater tags in and he double teams Hardy alongside Rhyno, Rhyno tags back in and he catches Hardy with a few strikes. Hardy fights back and he nails Rhyno with a jaw breaker, Slater tags in and Hardy nails him with a side effect. Wyatt tags in and he cleans house against the opposing team, Wyatt nails Slater with a clothesline followed by a running cross body block. Rhyno interferes and he eats a Twist Of Fate from Hardy, Hardy tags in and The Deleters Of Worlds hit Slater with a Kiss Of Deletion for the three count.
Winners: The Deleters Of Worlds (Matt Hardy & Bray Wyatt)
- Raw GM Kurt Angle is shown using his phone when Constable Corbin arrives, Corbin says Stephanie McMahon is pleased with how Angle handled the Ronda Rousey situation. Corbin then hands Angle a phone so he can talk to her.
- Raw GM Kurt Angle is still talking on the phone when the commercial break ends, Angle says he will make a big announcement tonight.
- Jinder Mahal has a microphone and he says he felt the winds of change at WWE Money In The Bank, Mahal says he has won the battle of self improvement. Mahal says he has found tranquility instead of anger, Mahal wants Chad Gable to find the light instead of the darkness.
Jinder Mahal w/Sunil Singh vs. Chad Gable
The match begins with Mahal immediately attacking Gable as the bell sounds, Gable scores a few takedowns on Mahal. Mahal recovers and he nails Gable with a neck breaker followed by a knee drop, Gable recovers and he nails Mahal with a back suplex. Gable lures Mahal to the ropes before applying an arm bar, Gable follows that up by nailing Mahal with a running forearm strike. Gable would then drop kick Mahal to the arena floor, Gable gets Mahal in the ring before landing a moonsault for a near fall. Mahal rolls to the ring apron before dropping Gable neck first on the top rope, Mahal nails Gable with a boot to the face followed the the Colas for the three count.
Winner: Jinder Mahal w/Sunil Singh
- The Riott Squad are shown destroying various items backstage.
Bayley & Sasha Banks vs. The Riott Squad (Liv Morgan & Sarah Logan) w/Ruby Riott
The match begins with Bayley attacking Morgan with a series of strikes, Morgan backs Bayley into the corner as Logan tags in. Bayley drops Morgan before nailing Logan with a bulldog for a near fall, Bayley then nails Logan with a few elbow drops. Banks tags in and Logan drops her with a few strikes, Banks fights back and Bayley tags in before eating a side kick to the midsection. Bayley drops Logan on the top turnbuckle before landing a Thesz Press, Bayley traps Logan in the ropes before landing a stunner that knocks her to the arena floor. Bayley drops Logan with a hurricarana on the arena floor, Banks catches Morgan with a clothesline on the arena floor as we go to a commercial break. We return from the break to see Logan slamming Bayley during a tag attempt.
Bayley recovers and nails a charging Logan with a back body drop, Morgan tags into the match and Bayley drops her before Banks tags in. Banks quickly cleans house against the opposing team, Banks then hits Morgan with a middle rope Meteora for a near fall. Banks looks for a back stabber and Morgan counters with an enzaguri for a near fall, Bayley and Logan take their fight to the arena floor. Morgan misses a double stomp and Logan jaw jacks with Banks, Logan punches Banks in the face and Morgan rolls her up for the three count.
Winners: The Riott Squad (Liv Morgan & Sarah Logan) w/Ruby Riott
After the match, Sasha Banks shoves Bayley and the two have a heated argument, Banks shoves Bayley again before leaving the ring.
- Constable Corbin and Raw GM Kurt Angle are looking over some prepared comment cards backstage.
- Bayley confronts Sasha Banks backstage and the argument continues, Banks says she is finished with Banks and the two have a huge brawl backstage.
- Raw GM Kurt Angle is in the ring for the big announcement, Angle then says the he spoke to Raw Commissioner Stephanie McMahon. Angle says WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar’s next title defense is set, Roman Reigns interrupts and he makes his way to the ring. Reigns says he should get another opportunity at Lesnar and the WWE Universal Champion, Bobby Lashley also interrupts before Angle can make the announcement. Lashley questions whether or not Reigns is the guy in the WWE for repeatedly failing to beat Lesnar, Lashley demands that Reigns step aside before saying he can beat Reigns. Angle says there is going to be a multi-person match at WWE Extreme Rules and the winner faces Lesnar at a later date, The Revival interrupt and they wonder why people can’t earn things the old fashioned way. The Revival challenges Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley to a tag match tonight, Reigns and Lashley accept the challenge.
Roman Reigns & Bobby Lashley vs. The Revival (Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson)
The match starts with Reigns shoving Dawson across the ring, Dawson starts working over the arm of Reigns. Reigns gets free and he drops Dawson with a shoulder tackle, Lashley tags in and Dawson nails him with a few strikes. Wilder tags in and Lashley drops Dawson with a clothesline before landing a spine buster on Wilder, Lashley goes for a tag and Dawson knocks Reigns off the ring apron. That distraction allows Wilder to catch Lashley with a chop block, Dawson tags in and The Revival catches Lashley with a Destruction Device for a near fall. Dawson drops Lashley before landing a leg drop for a near fall, Dawson slows things down by holding Lashley in a chin lock. Lashley recovers and he nails Dawson with an overhead release suplex, Reigns tags in and he cleans house against the opposing team.
Reigns nails The Revival with clothesline strikes in the corner, Reigns would then nail Wilder with a boot to the face. Reigns traps Dawson in the ropes before landing a leg drop on him, Reigns then hits Dawson with a superman punch. Wilder gets a roll up on Wilder before nailing him with a superman punch, Lashley tags in and he nails Wilder with a spear for the three count.
Winners: Roman Reigns & Bobby Lashley
- Raw GM Kurt Angle and Constable Corbin are talking backstage when they bump into Finn Balor, Balor says he wants in the top contenders match at WWE Extreme Rules. Corbin questions whether or not Balor deserves the chance, Kevin Owens arrives to argue his case when Braun Strowman also shows up. Strowman says he and Balor could battle Corbin and Owens tonight, but Angle walks away in frustration.
- A video package airs showing that AJ Styles is on the cover of the WWE 2K19 video game.
No Way Jose vs. Mojo Rawley
The match begins with Rawley backing Jose into the corner before missing some strikes, Rawley then drops a charging Jose with a shoulder block. Jose recovers and he nails Rawley with a shoulder tackle, Rawley rolls out of the ring and Jose hits him with a baseball slide drop kick. Rawley gets back in the ring and he nails Jose with a knee strike, Rawley mounts Jose to land a series of punches. Rawley slows things down by holding Jose in a chin lock, Jose recovers and he nails Rawley with a jaw breaker. Jose would then drop Rawley with a clothesline and a flapjack for a near fall, Rawley uses a brief ref distraction to nail Jose with a chop block and a running forearm strike. Rawley then hits Jose with his finisher for the three count.
Winner: Mojo Rawley
Charly Caruso interviews Mojo Rawley after the match, Rawley says the WWE is more competitive than ever and he knows that he has to stay focused to be competitive.
- Sasha Banks is shown leaving the arena when Bayley arrives to confront her, Banks says they are no longer friends before driving away.
- Elias is in the ring and he immediately performs a song, which includes his intentions to face WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar.
- Renee Young interviews Seth Rollins, Rollins says he makes no excuses for losing the WWE Intercontinental Title, Rollins says he faces Dolph Ziggler for the WWE Intercontinental Title in a rematch next week on WWE Raw.
Finn Balor & Braun Strowman vs. Kevin Owens & Baron Corbin
The match begins with Corbin backing Balor into the corner before punching him in the face, Corbin immediately drops Balor with an Irish whip into the corner. Owens tags in and he attacks Balor with some strikes of his own, Owens then drops Balor with a back elbow strike. Corbin tags back in and he stomps away on a downed Balor, Balor fights back and he immediately tags Strowman in. Strowman immediately shoves Corbin across the ring, Owens distracts Strowman and that allows Corbin to attack him from behind. Strowman recovers and he kicks Corbin in the face before knocking him out of the ring, Balor tags in and Strowman throws him over the top rope onto their opponents as we go to a commercial break.
We return from the break to see Corbin holding Balor in a chin lock, Balor gets free and he nails Corbin with a drop kick. Owens tags in and he drags Balor out of the ring before throwing him into the barricade, Owens gets Balor in the ring before landing a senton bomb for a near fall. Owens would then apply a chin lock of his own to a downed Balor, Owens then nails Balor with a back breaker for a near fall. Corbin tags in and he continues the attack against Balor by throwing him out of the ring, Corbin would then shove Balor into the barricade a few times. Balor tries fighting back and Corbin drops him with a right for a near fall, Corbin reapplies the chin lock to a downed Balor. Balor fights back and Corbin drops him with a Deep Six for another near fall, Owens tags in and he immediately misses a senton bomb.
Corbin tags in and he crushes a cornered Balor with a clothesline and stomps, Owens tags in and he stomps away on Balor. Corbin tags in and Strowman interferes to take the opposing team out before tagging in legally, Strowman immediately cleans house against the opposing team. Owens lures Strowman out of the ring and Corbin takes him out with a dive from the ring apron, Corbin gets Strowman in the ring for a near fall on a pin attempt. Strowman recovers and he catches a charging Corbin with a palm strike, Corbin recovers and he sends a charging Strowman into the ring post. Balor tags in and he goes after both opponents. Balor trips up Corbin before landing a double stomp for a near fall, Strowman gets Owens out of the ring before sending them both through the barricade. Balor escapes a choke slam from Corbin to nail him with a DDT followed by a shotgun drop kick, Balor goes to the top rope and Corbin crotches him before landing the End Of Days for the three count.
Winners: Kevin Owens & Baron Corbin