Matt Riddle Debut
- AJ Styles is gloating big time about winning the Intercontinental Title.
- He wants Daniel Bryan to come in and present him with the IC Title and congratulate him.
- Daniel Bryan begrudgingly comes in and says that AJ Styles is a great performer and could become the greatest IC Champion of all-time. But he has to compete against the best in the world.
- AJ Styles takes up the challenge and says the next person who shows up will get it.
- Matt Riddle comes out and introduces himself as the "Bro who runs the show."
- He doesn't want a handout, he wants a match.
Matt Riddle defeated AJ Styles
- AJ Styles refuses to put his title on the line during this match.
- All the wrestlers are still around the ring during all this.
- Riddle gets sent into Baron Corbin and they argue.
- This is a nice mix is work-shoot and spots that Riddle excels in.
- By all intents and purposes, this is a dream match, but it's taking place in a nightmare for others.
- This is really good, as you would have expected.
- Matt Riddle gets the win with the Bro-Down. This first segment took up 35 minutes of tonight's show!
- It would be funny if Sheamus wasn't really to blame at all for the wreck and he got piss thrown on him for no reason.
- Hardy says Sheamus makes him question or not he's a good performer, a good person or a good husband.
- He says he's been an adrenaline junkie and an alcoholic and he's overcome bigger objects in his life, and he's going to overcome this one, too.
- Hardy says he isn't done yet.
- Sheamus laughs about being a bully to Jeff Hardy and says he deserves it. He's going to toast Jeff Hardy next week.
Shorty G defeated Mojo Rawley
- Shorty, still with that stupid name, says all heavyweights don't know what it's like to have eyes in the back of their heads. He turns around and punches Mojo Rawley.
- This is a solid, short match that Shorty G cradles out of a DDT attempt to pick up the win.
- They bring out Mandy Rose and talk about her battle with Sonya.
- Mandy Rose says she wants to be DONE! But....she cost Sonya a match against Lacey Evans the last time out.
- Sonya is upset that Mandy still gets the spotlight and said she'd be in catering if not for Miz and Morrison.
- They argue and eventually get into it, with Mandy Rose coming out on top.
New Day defeated Lucha House Party
- Sasha and Bayley are out to commentate this match and I love it.
- They go off when Big E does the Bayley to Belly.
- Nakamura and Cesaro are watching on backstage
- This match rules. Lucha House Party are great opponents.
- The contrast and similarity in styles plays out exceptionally well.
- Cesaro and Nakamura should have beaten Lucha House Party last week instead, though.
- Midnight Ride wins it.
- Nakamura and Cesaro attack.
- Dana, Naomi, Tamina, Alexa Bliss, and Lacey are backstage, upset about being filler. They wonder where Nikki Cross is.
- Nikki is beating the shit out of Boss N' Hug. That's where she is.
Sasha Banks (w/ Bayley) defeated NikkI Cross (w/ Alexa Bliss)
- WE GOT OURSELVES A MATCH.
- Bayley and Sasha are consistently the highlight of my WWE week.
- Cross hits an amazing tornado DDT.
- This is a good, back and forth match.
- I love Sasha winning with a Meteora.
- Bray Wyatt is back, and he says he lost to Braun Strowman.
- Strowman appears and says they're done.
- Wyatt indicates that they're not, and their story just started.
- The old school Wyatt shows up and tells Braun to run.
10- Perfect, 9- MOTY Territory, 8- Excellent, 7- Great, 6- Good, 5- Average to above average, 4- Slightly below average, 3 or below: Poor
Each match starts at a 5 and slides up and down based on entertainment, execution, time, environment, reaction and stakes. The ratings are in no way an indication of a "star rating," which is a completely different system. A standard, non-offensive "TV match" lands at a 5. The gap between 5.75-6 is generally the largest, with anything reaching 6 being recommended viewing.
These are opinions, and incredibly inconsistent ones that may change upon a second viewing, or sitting on the match for a period of time. Don't take them too seriously, and have (and share) your own!