Drew and Dolph
- Drew McIntyre comes out and starts to cut a promo but he is interrupted by a returning Dolph Ziggler.
- Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode have been traded to Raw for AJ Styles. A one sided deal, but I appreciate the explanation nonetheless.
- Ziggler says that he's responsible for all of Drew's success, and wants a WWE Title shot as a result of that.
- McIntyre says that Ziggler has been losing an awful lot since the two split up.
- Drew is down to give Ziggler a match at Extreme Rules. Another case of one of those "does he really deserve it in storyline?" moments.
Nia and Charlotte
- Nia Jax comes out, and isn't happy about Charlotte Flair.
- R-Truth comes out and mistakes her for Akira Tozawa. Tozawa appears and they both run off. Okay.
- Charlotte Flair comes out and has someone hold the ropes.
- They argue over whether or not Charlotte has benefited from being Ric's daughter.
- Nia says Charlotte has never beaten her, and she dominated Charlotte the only time they went one-on-one.
- Charlotte attacks, and the two brawl until they have to be separated.
WWE Raw Tag Team Championships
Street Profits (c) defeated Viking Raiders
- Who keeps writing the "fam" line for Viking Raiders? Weird.
- Erik powerbombs Montez into Angelo outside the ring.
- Inside, Street Profits hit Erik with the Viking Experience!!
- There's a pretty funny cartwheel contest in the ring.
- Angelo hits the Cash out on Ivar and spears Erik.
- Frog splash on Ivar wins it.
- Angelo Dawkins stole the show in that match.
- They embrace after the match. Sportsmanship.
- Andrade and Angel Garza attack Profits after the match. Zelina had seen Profits and Raiders backstage before the match.
- Garza tells Charly that sometime you have to take what you want. Zelina stops him from flirting.
- Seth Rollins is joined by Buddy Murphy and Austin Theory, but he says he has something to tell Rey Mysterio.
- Rollins cuts a promo about Rey's time coming, and says that even though legends might not die, they definitely can outstay their welcome.
- Rollins didn't blink one time during this. Also, the AC was LOUD.
WWE Raw Women's Championship
Asuka (c) defeated Charlotte Flair to retain the title
- Flair comes out of the training room and says she's not delaying her match.
- She misses a moonsault, but has a great modified Flatliner into the turnbuckle.
- Asuka hits a great German suplex and Flying Armbar.
- Charlotte does a rough looking spear that leads to Asuka getting to the ropes.
- Asuka Lock is applied and Charlotte taps.
- Asuka wins clean, but it's a little weird that these title matches were booked to be shorter than so many throw away matches on Raw with no stakes.
- Nia Jax teases attacking Charlotte Flair.
- Charlotte isn't happy with what happened. Nia attacks and works on the shoulder.
- Edge says he felt the panic in Randy Orton when he locked in the Antivenom.
- He doesn't think Orton lived up to being the better pure wrestler.
- He's disappointed he didn't see the low blow coming or do it first.
- Christian has been his best friend since before anyone knew him as Christian. So they aren't pretending they're brothers now.
- Edge says he's not the PG Superstar anymore, he's been put to bed.
- He'll sink to any level to get what he wants, and now he's going to embarrass and emasculate Orton.
- Edge says he'll make him wish Cowboy Bob was shooting blanks
WWE 24/7 Championship
Akira Tozawa (w/ Ninjas) defeated R-Truth (c) to become champion
- Lashley interrupts before Tozawa and Truth can go at it.
- Tozawa hides under the ring.
- Lashley beats up all the ninjas.
- Truth is put in the Full Nelson, and then Lashley leaves. I'd kind of like to see Lashley as 24/7 Champ.
- Tozawa gets the pin and wins.
Nataya (w/ Lana) defeated Liv Morgan
- Natalya says that she's the best person to lead and rally the locker room.
- Lana is out there with Natalya, and the history between Liv and Lana is mentioned.
- Natalya does a nice Canadian Backbreaker, but Liv does a great huracanrana off the apron.
- Sharphooter gets the submission, and Natalya holds on to it.
- The way WWE has completely botched the return of such a talented performer as Liv Morgan is embarrassing.
- Ruby Riott tries to approach Liv Morgan, but Liv isn't having it. Give me this reunion.
- Big Show is backstage and says he just wanted to help out some friends in need last week.
- He's more focused on his TV show, but says someone might wake a sleeping giant.
- We go to the Orton/Flair in-ring segment.
- Ric Flair is still at Raw for some reason. Odd decision to still have Flair come in after the positive COVID test.
- Flair calls Orton the greatest performer of all-time.
- Orton says the voices in his head are getting clarity from being called the Legend Killer again.
- The Legend Killer Reunion Tour rules.
- Big Show says Orton lacks the motivation and discipline to make himself better.
- Orton talks circles around Big Show and rolls out of the ring.
- Orton cuts a great promo about Show knowing what he's capable of, and leaves.
WWE Women's Tag Team Titles
The Golden Role Models (c) defeated The IIconics to retain the titles
- These two teams have been great of late, but Bayley & Sasha Banks have been the WWE MVPs.
- Bayley and Sasha doing the H-Bomb better than the Harris Brothers. Ya love to see it.
- Sasha gets the submission on Peyton with the Banks Statement.
- .....why were all the championship matches so short? This is a three hour show!
- Sasha Banks tells Bayley that she wants a title match.
- Sasha Banks officially challenges.......Asuka for a title match. I fell for the swerve.
- Asuka vs. Sasha Banks. Hose me down. Just turn the spigot on full bore and let me soak. I can't wait
WWE United States Championship
Apollo Crews (c) defeated Shelton Benjamin
- MVP pitches Apollo Crews on being his new client.
- Apollo refuses. MVP says Apollo doesn't have to defend every week.
- MVP makes another pitch, but Shelton Benjamin attacks.
- Benjamin is getting a lot more offense this time around, but it doesn't matter.
- Toss Powerbomb gets the win.
- Another short title match.
- Bobby Lashley attacks Crews. MVP had warned Crews that the next time he'd find himself in a 2-on-1 situation would cost him.
FIGHTING WITH MY FAMILY
- Rey Mysterio says he has to fight for his son, and he has to fight Seth Rollins on his own.
- Dom says they fight as a family, and this family wants a fight. Rey is not happy.
- Rollins says they're putting him in a difficult position.
- The hilarious booing and cheering while a wrestler is talking is what the WWE wants, even though it doesn't make sense.
- Alesiter Black and Humberto Carrillo take out Theory and Murphy.
- One of the best Humberto showings I've seen.
- The Disciples get the upper hand and Rollins is attacking Dom until Carrillo and Black make the save again.
10- Perfect, 9- MOTY Territory, 8- Excellent, 7- Great, 6- Good, 5- Average to above average, 4- Slightly below average, 3 or below: Poor
Each match starts at a 5 and slides up and down based on entertainment, execution, time, environment, reaction and stakes. The ratings are in no way an indication of a "star rating," which is a completely different system. A standard, non-offensive "TV match" lands at a 5. The gap between 5.75-6 is generally the largest, with anything reaching 6 being recommended viewing.
These are opinions, and incredibly inconsistent ones that may change upon a second viewing, or sitting on the match for a period of time. Don't take them too seriously, and have (and share) your own!
- From The Web