BOSS N HUG
- Bayley gets one of the louder reactions in recent memory.
- Bayley is confused why nobody saw this coming -- Sasha has always had her back. She gets boos.
- This is a really good promo. Honestly one of Bayley's best I've ever heard. It's more natural, and it fits her more aggressive main roster style.
- She trashes Charlotte and says she'll never understand what it's like to be a role model like her.
- Charlotte says there's no hugging with her, and this brings out Sasha Banks.
- Charlotte is dressed like a normal person. Whoever encouraged WWE wrestlers to dress like normal humans on TV more often, good for you.
- Charlotte attacks Bayley, but gets beaten down with a chair.
- This is a hot angle. I'm really digging it.
King Of The Ring Quarterfinal
Elias defeated Ali
- I wish all of these matches weren't heel/face.
- Ali looks like he's leaned out in recent weeks.
- Ali gets caught and sent into the barricade and thrown around. Some really good offense from Elias.
- Suicide dive and a 450 to Elias' arm after the break. A Crossface is also applied
- Elias goes from sitdown powerbomb to Stretch Muffler.
- They're both on the top rope, and Elias throws Ali off, who back flips and lands on his feet.
- Elias jumps off the top and gets superkicked. This is outstanding.
- Elias works the leg and wins with Drift Away.
- Outstanding match.
- Rowan vs. Roman Reigns at Clash of Champions.
Fire & Desire defeated Cross & Bliss
- Many Rose is SLUGGING.
- I like Mandy and Sonya matching a little bit more. Techncially Nikki and Alexa kind of do.
- Nikki does a great cross body to the outside on Fire & Desire.
- Mandy screams that Nikki will never look like her. Alexa says nobody wants to.
- Alexa Bliss gets a good hot tag, which is different.
- A great high low wins it for Sonya and Mandy. This is an outstanding finisher
- Why can't Sonya and Mandy beat other contenders? There are none.
- Make some tag teams.
- Randy Orton calls out Kofi Kingston to a great reaction. The people love this angle.
- Kofi comes out, but is being attacked by The Revival.
- Kofi briefly fights back, but falls victim to a ShatteRKO.
King of the Ring Quarterfinals
Chad Gable defeated Andrade (w/ Zelina)
- Samoa Joe delivers some pretty funny short jokes to Gable and says he's mentally weak.
- Zelina makes some of her own. This is really getting to be too much and forced.
- Gable is so smooth.
- Rest hold through the break.
- A rolling kick and neckbreaker hit for Gable, as does a wrist clutch, high crotch, chickenwing suplex.
- I don't think I'll ever like a Del Rio stomp spot, but this one was better. Andrade held Gable by the hair and the hand to keep him there.
- Andrade battles back, but eats a moonsault. Great crowd reaction for this.
- Chaos Theory hits, but Zelina interferes. The crowd is HOT.
- Gable eventually rolls up Andrade to a huge ovation.
Aleister Black defeated Shelton Benjamin
- I'm done with the moody Aleister Black promos. Let's be done with them. They're parody now.
- Why wouldn't Shelton just kick Black in the face when he sits down?
- Black Mass knocks Shelton out of the ring, and Shelton levels Black with a knee.
- Another Black Mass in the ring, and that's it.
WWE 24/7 Championship
Bo Dallas defeated Drake Maverick (c) to become champion
Drake Maverick defeated Bo Dallas (c) to become champion
R-Truth defeated Drake Maverick (c) to become champion
- The Singh Brothers follow Drake and Renee into the Boiler Room.
- Metalik and others try to win the title, but Bo Dallas does it.
- Back in the ring, Drake Maverick wins the title back.
- On the ramp, R-Truth is hiding under the KOTR stuff and wins with a roll-up.
- Lets at least get a new pin.
Shinsuke Nakamura (w/ Sami Zayn) defeated Jobber
- Sami Zayn says Nakamura is pretending the jobber is Miz.
- The jobber hits Nakamura and gets his ass kicked.
- Zayn is calling this match over the mic. This is good.
- The 24/7 Title segment carries over to this.
- Daniel Bryan demands an apology from Reigns for calling him a liar and spearing him.
- Reigns comes out and is attacked by Rowan.
- Rowan says Daniel Bryan didn't do this and Bryan is worse than everyone. He's nobody puppet.
- Rowan wants Bryan to slap him now.
- This is the longest Rowan promo ever.
- Rowan admits he did everything.
- Stairs to Reigns.
- Bryan slaps Rowan and gets put through an announce table.
10- Perfect, 9- MOTY Territory, 8- Excellent, 7- Great, 6- Good, 5- Average to above average, 4- Slightly below average, 3 or below: Poor
Each match starts at a 5 and slides up and down based on entertainment, execution, time, environment, reaction and stakes. The ratings are in no way an indication of a "star rating," which is a completely different system. A standard, non-offensive "TV match" lands at a 5. The gap between 5.75-6 is generally the largest, with anything reaching 6 being recommended viewing.
These are opinions, and incredibly inconsistent ones. Don't take them too seriously, and have (and share) your own!
- From The Web