Good evening Fight Fans, and welcome to our coverage for tonight's edition of WWE Smackdown on FOX!
- We open in the arena with the entrance of Universal champion Roman Reigns and Paul Heyman with Jey Uso already in the ring. We get a video package recapping the Hell in a Cell I Quit match in which Roman retained before he gets into the ring. Roman demands that Jey fall in line before Jey says that he doesn't respect Roman and that Roman manipulated him. Roman openly agrees that he did just that and that it's part of the burden of being in the top of the business. Roman says that everyone backs him and that if Jey doesn't fall in line he will be out of the family.
Jey then screams at Roman before Roman says that Jey will fall in line before leaving.
Men's Survivor Series Qualifier Match
Kevin Owens vs Dolph Ziggler w/Robert Roode
KO locks in a standing side headlock before dropping Dolph with a shoulder block before Dolph rolls out of the ring. Dolph attacks Kevin when he gets back in the ring before hitting a neckbreaker. Kevin then comes back with a back elbow before Dolph sends Kevin out of the ring and Roode gets ejected as we go to commercial.
We come back to Dolph Ziggler in control, having Kevin grounded on the mat before Kevin counters a neck breaker. Kevin hits an inverted atomic drop into a clothesline before Dolph rolls out of the ring only to run back in when Kevin teases a dive. Kevin hits a DVD for two before he goes for a Swanton Bomb and Dolph gets his knees up. Kevin superkicks Dolph when he teases a Sweet Chin Music and Dolph hits a famouser for a near fall. They then exchange pin attempts before Kevin hits a stunner for the pin and the win.
Winner: Kevin Owens defeats Dolph Ziggler to gain entry into the men's Survivor Series tournament.
- We get this week's Progressive Match Flo recapping the career of Daniel Bryan as we go to commercial.
- We come back to a sit-down interview with Lars Sullivan who talks about being bullied as a child by his fellow students and teachers in school.
- We get a recap of Seth Rollins versus Murphy last week before Murphy is seen talking to Aliyah backstage before we head back to the ring for our next match.
Women's Survivor Series Qualifier Match
Bianca Belair vs Billie Kay vs Natalya
Kay immediately rolls out of the ring before Bianca drops Natalya and Kay rolls her up for two. Kay escapes the ring once Bianca goes after her before Natalya drops Bianca and Billie tosses her out of the ring. Kay gets two before Natalya locks in a sharpshooter on Bianca while Kay puts Bianca in a cross face. Natalya breaks the sharpshooter before Kay gets a series of two counts by covering both Belair and Natalya back and forth. Bianca then sends Natalya out of the ring before Kay gets a near fall off of a leverage pin and Bianca hits the KOD for the pin and the win.
Winner: Bianca Belair defeats Billie Kay and Natalya via pinfall to advance to the women's Survivor Series match.
- Backstage we get a promo by Carmella before we go back to the arena as Murphy and Aliyah make their way out to the ring as we go to commercial.
- We come back Murphy and Aliyah in the ring before they're interrupted by Seth Rollins and the two brawl. Rey comes in and pulls Murphy off of Seth before Rey attacks Murphy and Aliyah gets between he and Dom and Murphy. Murphy and Aliyah then share a hug and kiss while Dom and Rey leave.
- Daniel Bryan is interviewed backstage ahead of his Survivor Series qualifier later tonight as we get a graphic for his qualifier against Jey Uso.
The Street Profits vs Shinsuke Nakamura & Cesaro
Cesaro and Angelo start the match off for their respective teams before SP double up on Cesaro for two. Ford then clears the ring and hits a tope before Cesaro launches him over the barricade as we go to commercial.
We come back to Shin in control of Ford before he and Cesaro isolate Ford until he gets the hot tag to Dawkins who superplexes Shin. Ford then hits a high angle frog splash onto Shin for the pin and the win.
Winner: The Street Profits defeat Shinsuke Nakamura and Cesaro via pinfall.
- Backstage the Intercontinental champion Sami Zayn cuts a promo on United States champion Bobby Lashley ahead of their match at Survivor Series.
- Newly crowned Smackdown Women's champion Sasha Banks comes out to the ring as we go to commercial. We come back to the ring as Sasha cuts a promo on the RAW Women's champion Asuka ahead of their match at Survivor Series. Bayley comes out and rushes down to the ring before saying that Sasha can't beat Asuka without her in her corner.
- Daniel Bryan comes out to the ring ahead of his match up next as we go to commercial.
- We come back to a graphic for the Smackdown Women's Championship rematch between Sasha and Bayley for next week's show.
Men's Survivor Series Qualifier Match
Daniel Bryan vs Jey Uso
Jey takes control early, dropping Daniel repeatedly before hitting a scoop slam and Daniel comes back with an uppercut into a kitchen sink. Jey hits a Samoan drop before stomping Daniel in the corner and Daniel comes back with a flying clothesline. Daniel then kicks Jey in the chest repeatedly before Jey rolls out of the ring and Roman and Paul make their way out to ringside as we go to commercial.
We come back to Daniel in control before Jey catches Daniel with a kick when he goes for a suicide dive. Jey comes off of the top and Daniel gets his knees up before locking in a Label Lock. Jey gets free and Daniel kicks him in the corner before hitting a running dropkick. Jey then superkicks Daniel several times before hitting a diving splash for the pin and the win.
Winner: Jey Uso defeats Daniel Bryan via pinfall to advance to the men's Survivor Series match.
- Roman gets into the ring with Jey after the match before they face off and Roman motions for Jey to attack Daniel which he does. Jey lays Daniel out on the mat after hitting him with a superkick and a diving splash. Jey drags Daniel out of the ring and beats him down before sending him into the steps and lying him on the announce table. Jey goes up top and hits a diving splash onto Daniel through the announce table. Jey then beats on Daniel as Roman looks on before leaving as we go off the air.
- From The Web