Good evening Fight Fans, and welcome to our coverage for tonight's edition of WWE Smackdown on FOX!
- We open tonight's show with Daniel Bryan in the ring as he welcomes us to tonight's show before talking about the Men's Royal Rumble match in which he plans to win for the first time in his career. Daniel is interrupted by AJ Styles and Omos before DB asks why he's there and AJ says that he's in the house that he built thanks to the quarterly Superstar Exchange. AJ talks about how he's the gate keeper of RAW and challenges DB to a match before AJ shoves DB down and Omos gets between the two. DB then tells AJ to fight him and leave Omos in the back and that with or without Omos he's still going to kick his ass.
- We get this week's Progressive Match Flo recapping Bianca Belair destroying Bayley in the obstacle course challenge last week before Bayley attacked Bianca and left her laying. We then go backstage to an interview with Bayley who talks about the women's Royal Rumble and how she plans to win the match and go on to main event Wrestlemania. Bayley then brings up Bianca Belair and their match up next as we go to commercial as Bianca makes her way out to the ring.
Bianca Belair vs Bayley
Bianca backs Bayley into the corner for a clean break before Bayley starts focusing on the arm of Bianca who slams her to the mat before Bayley gets out of the ring. Bayley takes her time getting back inside and kicks Bianca in the leg before beating on her and slamming her to the mat by her hair. Bayley hits a sliding clothesline for two before Bianca comes back with rapid punches and kicks before driving Bayley into the corner. Bayley then rolls out of the ring and gets hit with a single leg dropkick before Bayley rolls back out of the ring as we go to commercial.
We come back to Bianca in control of Bayley back in the ring before Bayley comes back with a running knee for two before trying to hyper-extend the arm of Bianca. Bayley then goes up top and hits a diving elbow drop for two before Bayley counters the K.O.D. and Bianca hits it on the second attempt for the pin and the win.
Winner: Bianca Belair defeats Bayley via pinfall.
- An emotional Bianca is interviewed on the stage after the match where she says that it's the biggest win of her career and she's not stopping until she wins the Women's Royal Rumble match.
Baron Corbin vs Dominik Mysterio
Dom attacks Corbin when he's coming out to the ring before the match starts as we go to commercial.
We come back to the match officially starting as we see that Dom's father Rey has joined on commentary as Dom knocks Baron out of the ring and hits a slingshot cross body. Dom hits Baron with strikes before Baron hits a side slam once they're back in the ring before hitting a running clothesline in the corner and goes shoulder first into the post. Dom hits a missile dropkick into a slingshot senton for two before Baron counters a 619 and a head scissors before Dom hits the head scissors and is dumped backwards across the top turnbuckle. Dom then hits a tornado DDT for a near fall before missing a dropkick and Baron drops him across the top rope before hitting The End of Days for the pin and the win.
Winner: Baron Corbin defeats Dominik Mysterio via pinfall.
- Baron attacks Rey after the match, but Rey sends him into the post before checking on his son.
- Backstage The Miz and John Morrison are talking to Big E and Sonya Deville before Miz and Morrison attack E and he lays out Miz. E then brawls with John before officials show up and separate them as we go to commercial.
- We come back to a recap of Sasha Banks defeating Sommelier Reginald last week before Sasha runs into Rey backstage and they exchange a hug before Reginald shows up. Reginald gives Sasha a bottle of wine before she mocks him and gives it back to him to give to Carmella after she eliminates her from the Women's Royal Rumble match.
- We get a video package recapping the entire months long saga between Roman Reigns and Kevin Owens ahead of their Universal Championship match Sunday night. We then see Roman and Kevin being set up for a satellite interview up next as we go to commercial.
- Backstage Shinsuke Nakamura is ran up on by Sami Zayn with his camera crew where he reminds Shinsuke of everything he has done for him before asking Shin for help. Sami tells Shin that he's been a part of all of his success in the WWE before Shinsuke says that he appreciates Sami, but he can go to hell.
- We go to a split screen satellite interview with Roman and Kevin where they each talk about why they're going to win on Sunday. The interview then ends once Kevin jumps up and screams at Roman before Roman uses a remote to turn the camera off and Kevin leaves in a huff.
Daniel Bryan vs AJ Styles (w/ Omos)
The high fliers grapple on the mat to start the match off before DB locks in an armbar and AJ scrambles to the ropes for the break. DB focuses on the now injured arm of AJ, transitioning between holds and AJ backs DB in the corner before hitting a kitchen sink before DB counters a suplex attempt into one of his own. Sami Zayn comes out to the ring and distracts DB which allows AJ to knock him off of the apron as we go to commercial.
We come back to DB making his comeback as AJ misses a running splash in the corner before AJ locks in a Calf Crusher and DB crawls to the ropes for the break. DB counters a Phenomenal Forearm into an armbar before transitioning into the Yes Lock before AJ gets to the bottom rope for the break. Big E shows up at ringside and lays out Sami before tossing him across the announce table before getting into a fight with Cesaro. DB then takes out Sami and Cesaro with a suicide dive before Sami attacks DB for the disqualification.
Winner: Daniel Bryan defeats AJ Styles via disqualification.
- After the match Shinsuke Nakamura comes out and he, Daniel Bryan, and Big E clear the ring as we go to commercial.
Six-Man Tag Team Match
Shin and Cesaro start things off with Cesaro dodging a sliding knee and drops Shin with an uppercut before Shin hits an enzuigiri into a sliding German suplex for two. E comes in and exchanges with Cesaro before Sami comes in and beats E down after Cesaro does most of the work. E then drops Sami and tags in DB who gets dropped with a chop block before AJ wraps the leg of DB around the post as we go to commercial.
We come back to DB in the wrong corner as the heels chain together frequent tags and offense to keep him far away from Shin and E until he finally gets the hot tag to E. E tosses AJ and Cesaro across the ring before Cesaro knocks him down with a springboard corkscrew uppercut for two. E then hits a uranage for two before they're interrupted by The Miz and John Morrison who attack E for the disqualification.
Winner: Big E, Daniel Bryan, and Shinsuke Nakamura defeat Cesaro, AJ Styles, and Sami Zayn via disqualification.
- After the match Miz and Morrison beat down E with Sami's help before Otis comes out and evens the odds as we go to commercial.
Eight-Man Tag Team Match
AJ and DB run into each other with a running cross body before the heels take out Shin, and Otis on the apron as Sheamus runs out and takes the tag for what is now a ten man tag match. Sheamus then beats on John In the ropes before everyone hits a move until Sheamus pins Sami with a Brogue Kick for the win.
Winner: Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, Shinsuke Nakamura, Big E, and Otis defeat Sami Zayn, AJ Styles, The Miz, John Morrison, and Cesaro via pinfall.
- We end the show as Braun Strowman returns and lays out several of the heels before standing tall in the center of the ring as we go off the air.