Good evening Fight Fans, and welcome to our coverage for tonight's edition of WWE Smackdown on FOX!
- The Universal champion Roman Reigns, Jey Uso, and Paul Heyman join Adam Pearce in the ring to start the show before Roman gets on the mic and says that he doesn't wait on anyone. Roman says that he's going to turn Edge into a WWE ambassador and that he's not going to lose the Universal title for a long time. Paul says that Roman's contract says that Roman has to defend the Universal Championship at the Elimination Chamber, but he doesn't have to defend it in the Elimination Chamber match. Paul says that he's fine with the person winning the Elimination Chamber match getting an immediate title shot before Adam says that there will be Elimination Chamber qualifier matches tonight. Adam automatically adds Jey Uso and Kevin Owens to the Elimination Chamber match before Adam gets out of the ring and Roman gets in Adam's face before Paul backs him off of Adam.
- Sonya Deville stops Adam backstage and congratulates him on standing up to Roman before telling Adam about tag team matches as a way for competitors to qualify for the Elimination Chamber match.
Rey Mysterio & Dominik Mysterio vs Baron Corbin & Sami Zayn
The Mysterios double team Corbin before Sami waves him from a 619 and Dom hits a suicide dive before Rey hits a head scissors and clear the ring as we go to commercial.
We come back from the break to Corbin in control of Rey back in the ring before Rey counters a chokeslam into a head scissors and gets the hot tag to Dom who drops Sami and hits a running back elbow. Dom hits a tornado DDT into a slingshot senton to both Sami and Corbin before Sami rolls him up for two before hitting a blue thunderbomb for a near fall. Dom then gets a near fall off of a neckbreaker before Corbin is hit with a double 619 and Sami hits an exploder into the corner into a Helluva Kick for the pin and the win.
Winner: Sami Zayn and Baron Corbin defeat Dominik Mysterio and Rey Mysterio via pinfall to gain entry into the Elimination Chamber match.
WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
Big E (c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura
We come back from the break to the match already in progress with E in control before Apollo distracts E and Shin hits running knees in the corner before hitting a diving knee off of the second rope for two. They then counter each other's finishers before E hits a uranage for two before Apollo comes in and attacks E for the disqualification.
Winner: Big E retains his Intercontinental championship by defeating Shinsuke Nakamura via disqualification when Apollo Crews interferes.
- Seth Rollins comes out to the ring surrounded by everyone on the roster before he talks about how great the roster on the blue brand is before saying that he is the leader that Smackdown needs. Seth says that he can be the leader, teacher, father, and mentor before everyone leaves and says that everyone needs to endorse his vision. Seth then looks around and sees everyone gone except for Cesaro who shakes his head and leaves before Seth attacks him on the ramp before Daniel Bryan runs him off.
- We get a video package for the Elimination Chamber match as we go to commercial.
Bayley vs Liv Morgan (w/ Ruby Riott)
Bayley backs Liv into the corner before Liv hits a drop toe hold into a running dropkick to the back into a missile dropkick for two before Bayley rolls out of the ring as Natalya and Tamina look on from backstage. Bayley sends Liv into the barricade before tossing her back inside and choking her in the ropes before hitting a backbreaker into a neckbreaker for two before Liv drops Bayley with an enzuigiri and a Code Breaker for a near fall. Billie Kay then comes out and causes a distraction before Bayley pokes Liv in the eyes and hits the Rose Plant for the pin and the win.
Winner: Bayley defeats Liv Morgan via pinfall.
- Backstage Daniel Bryan and Cesaro talk about how they're going to win their Elimination Chamber qualifier.
The Street Profits vs Otis & Chad Gable
Angelo and Chad start things off by grappling on the mat before Montez comes in and is immediately taken down by Chad before TSP double up on Chad for two before Angelo locks in a rear chin lock. Otis gets the tag and drops Angelo repeatedly before sending Montez out of the ring and hitting a running splash in the corner into the Caterpillar before tagging Chad in. Montez sends Otis out of the ring before Montez gets the blind tag and his a high angle frog splash for the pin and the win.
Winner: The Street Profits defeat Otis and Chad Gable via pinfall.
- We come back from the break to the ring to Smackdown Women's champion Sasha Banks in the ring before she's interrupted by Bianca Belair who says that Sasha isn't the boss of her. Bianca is then interrupted by the Women's Tag Team champions Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax who mock the two before saying that they're the most dominant force in the WWE. Sasha shows a recap of both Shayna and Nia losing their matches from this past Monday's RAW before Sasha and Bianca clear the ring and celebrate.
- We see Cesaro and Daniel discussing strategy ahead of their match up next as we go to commercial.
Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode vs Daniel Bryan &. Cesaro
DB and Dolph kick things off for their respective teams with DB and Cesaro doubling up on Dolph for two before Dolph dropkicks Cesaro for two and drags him to the corner to tag in Robert. Cesaro drops Robert with an uppercut and tags in DB who kicks Robert and Robert rolls him up before DB turns it into the Yes Lock and Robert scrambles to the ropes for the break. DB then accidentally hits a suicide dive to Cesaro before DB is sent into the steps and Baron and Sami come out onto the stage as we go to commercial.
We come back from the break to Dolph in control of DB before he gets the hot tag to Cesaro who knocks Roode off of the apron and clotheslines Dolph before hitting a running uppercut in the corner. Cesaro hits a pop-up uppercut for a near fall before Dolph hits Cesaro with a famouser for a near fall as we see that Corbin and Sami are now at ringside. Cesaro then swings Dolph before locking in a sharpshooter and Dolph is forced to tap for the win.
Winner: Cesaro and Daniel Bryan defeat Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode via submission to gain entry into the Elimination Chamber match.
- After the match everyone involved in the Elimination Chamber match brawl as we go off the air with Kevin Owens taking everyone out with stunners as Roman looks on from the locker room.