Good evening Fight Fans and welcome to our coverage of tonight's edition of WWE Smackdown on FOX!
- We open the show with a video package and graphic for the contract signing for the Universal Championship at Wrestlemania between the champion Goldberg and the challenger Roman Reigns later tonight before we get a graphic for a previous Wrestlemania match between John Cena and Bray Wyatt. We go to a video package Rob Gronkowski who is hosting Wrestlemania this year before Mojo Rawley gets into the ring and introduces Rob who dances his way out to the ring. Rob says that he's been watching WWE since the second grade and says that he's still hyped even if he's hosting in front of zero fans before Mojo tells Rob that he has his back. They're interrupted by Baron Corbin who comes down to the ring and tells Rob he's setting himself up for failure if he listens to Mojo before demanding that Rob bow to him. Rob refuses before Corbin tells him to fall in line or he'll crash his party before Elias comes out onto the ramp and plays the song he wrote for Corbin.
Corbin squares off with Rob before Mojo gets on his knees behind him and Rob shoves him before Corbin falls down and Elias grabs and tosses Corbin over the top rope before Rob says that Elias and Corbin should have a match at Wrestlemania. We then go to outside of Goldberg's locker room before we see Sami Zayn, Cesaro and Shinsuke making their way to the ring before we go to the ring as Daniel Bryan and Drew Gulak come out to the ring for said match as we go to commercial.
Daniel Bryan & Drew Gulak vs Shinsuke Nakamura & Cesaro w/Sami Zayn
Daniel and Shinsuke kick things off by grappling, the two exchanging holds and flowing from one hold to the next until they get back to their feet and Drew comes in and locks in a hammerlock before Shinsuke drives him back into the corner and gets the tag to Cesaro. Cesaro gets taken down and Drew applies a head scissors before Cesaro reverses and Daniel comes in and gets rocked with an uppercut before Shinsuke makes the tag and gets rocked with uppercuts. Cesaro gets the blind tag as Daniel sends Shinsuke out of the ring and hits a suicide dive before he goes for a dive back in the ring and Cesaro catches him and hits a backbreaker before booting Drew off of the apron as we go to commercial.
We come back to Shinsuke and Cesaro in control as Shinsuke gets a two count before Cesaro locks in a front choke and a dead lift gut wrench suplex for two before whipping Daniel into the corner and hitting a running uppercut in the corner before Daniel comes back with a running dropkick. Drew and Shinsuke come in and Drew hits a running shotgun dropkick before hitting a bridging German suplex for two and they counter each other's submissions before Shinsuke drops Drew with a wheel kick. Shinsuke and Cesaro double up on Drew before Cesaro hits a pop-up uppercut for a near fall that Daniel breaks up before Shinsuke and Cesaro now known as the Artist Collective isolate Drew until Drew comes back and tags in Daniel. Drew then holds onto Cesaro as Daniel hits a diving sunset flip for the pin and the win.
Winner: Daniel Bryan and Drew Gulak defeat Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura via pinfall.
- After the match we get another graphic for the contract signing for the Universal championship as well as John Cena and Bray Wyatt at Wrestlemania XXX before we get a graphic for Paige who will return tonight to address Bayley's comments before we are told about how ESPN will air previous Wrestlemania's in the coming weeks, starting with Wrestlemania XXX in the Wrestlemania Encore as we go to commercial.
- We come back to Paige on the big screen as Bayley and Sasha Banks come out to the ring and they exchange barbs before Paige says that she's going to announce who Bayley will face at Wrestlemania before announcing that Bayley will defend her title against Lacey Evans, Dana Brooke, Tamina, Naomi and Sasha as they will face Bayley in a Six Pack Elimination Match before Bayley leaves distraught as Sasha looks on from in the ring with a grin on her face as we go to commercial.
- We come back to this week's Progressive Match Flo where John Cena accepted The Fiend's challenge for a match at Wrestlemania before we get a look back of John Cena versus Bray Wyatt from Wrestlemania XXX in which John was victorious before The Miz and John Morrison come out to the ring for the Dirt Shirt as we go to commercial.
- We come back to a backstage interview with Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss where Alexa challenges Asuka to a match next week before they leave and we go to the ring for this week's edition of the Dirt Sheet where we see video of John and Miz cosplaying as New Day, Heavy Machinery and The Usos and the three parties argue. John and Miz then say that they should take Wrestlemania off before they're interrupted by the real Heavy Machinery which they'll face in a match up next with the potential to earn a shot at the tag titles as we go to commercial.
The Miz & John Morrison vs Heavy Machinery
We come back to the match already in progress with The Miz and Otis in the ring before Miz tags out and John enters the match and drops Otis with a flurry of punches and kicks before hitting an enzuigiri and Otis runs him over. Otis and Tucker hit an assisted delayed suplex for two before HM double up on The Miz when he comes back in for two before HM dance around and sandwich Miz before dropping John with a shoulder block and clotheslining him over the top rope and to the outside. Tucker then hits a cannonball off of the apron and takes out the champions before Tucker tosses Miz back into the ring and Miz sends him over the top rope as John low bridges Tucker and he spills out of the ring and down onto the floor. John distracts Tucker before Miz hits a wrecking ball dropkick and tosses him back into the ring before dragging him to the corner and John hits a slingshot elbow for two before he and Miz double up on Tucker until he fights out of the corner and sends John out of the ring before Otis gets distracted by Dolph Ziggler who comes out to the ring. Miz then knocks Otis off of the apron before Miz DDTs Tucker for two before Dolph joins on commentary as we go to commercial.
We return to the action in the ring to Tucker trying to get the tag to Otis before John drops him with a roundhouse kick for two before Tucker takes out both Miz and Morrison before finally getting the tag to Otis who runs over the champions and hits Miz with a spinning scoop slam before hitting John with a flap jack. Otis hits a double running splash in the corner before he teases a double caterpillar and gets distracted by Dolph who shows pictures of him and Mandy together on the big screen while mocking him before Otis gets out of the ring and Miz and Morrison stop him from hitting Dolph with a chair. Otis hits a double clothesline that sends the champs out of the ring before sending John into the steps and Miz into the announce table and the post as Dolph scurries off before sending John into the post as well. Otis then sends Miz and Morrison through the barricade before he goes to hit them with a chair and Tucker stops him momentarily before he wears a chair out on Miz and John for the disqualification.
Winner: The Miz and John Morrison defeat Heavy Machinery via disqualification.
- After the match Otis throws a desk chair as Dolph re-emerges on the stage and catches his breath while seeing what Otis did before we go to a graphic for our main event contract signing as we go to commercial.
- We come back to the announcement of The Miz and John Morrison against The Usos next week as well as the return of the Firefly Fun House before we go to Michael in the ring for the contract signing as first Roman, then Goldberg come out to the ring. Roman and Golberg square off in the center of the ring before Goldberg says that he was hoping Roman would challenge him, Roman saying that he took the challenge because all of the greats have lost to him before we go to a tweet by Roman where he says that he him legitimately punching the stage when he does his entrance would be as stupid as headbutting a door, making reference to Goldberg before signing the contract. Goldberg then says that he's been destroying steel doors all over the world with that headbutt before telling Roman that he'll be the next victim before grabbing his belt and throwing the table away before they get nose to nose as we go off the air.