Good evening Fight Fans, and welcome to our coverage for tonight's edition of WWE Smackdown on FOX!
- We open tonight's show with the Universal champion Roman Reigns coming out to the ring alongside Paul Heyman and Jey Uso after he successfully defended his title in a triple threat match at Wrestlemania. Roman gets on the mic and celebrates defending his title against perennial contender Daniel Bryan and Royal Rumble winner Edge before they're interrupted by Cesaro. Roman and company then leave without letting Cesaro say a word as we go to commercial.
- We get stills of highlights from Wrestlemania this past weekend.
- Backstage Adam Pearce and Sonya Deville are backstage where Cesaro says that he wants a non-title match with Roman later tonight. Sonya then says that she'll talk to Roman and see if they can work something out.
Otis (w/ Chad Gable) vs Rey Mysterio (w/ Dominik Mysterio)
Otis overwhelms Rey with his superior strength before Rey uses his speed to drop Otis repeatedly and Otis catches him coming off of the ropes with a front slam. Otis then goes up to the second rope before missing a diving splash before Rey dropkicks Otis into the ropes and hits a 619 before pinning Otis with a diving crucifix for the win.
Winner: Rey Mysterio defeats Otis via pinfall.
- Backstage we see Paul Heyman talking to an interviewer before we get a graphic for Roman and Cesaro in a non-title with the words up next underneath as we go to commercial.
- We come back from the break to Paul backstage where Paul says insults Cesaro and says that he's a joke rather than an attraction. Paul then agrees to a match between Cesaro and Jey in the main event.
Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens
Sami repeatedly gets out of the ring before Kevin follows and attacks him at ringside before dropping him once they're back in the ring and hits a senton before Sami avoids a cannonball in the corner. Sami then drops KO from behind before hitting a sunset bomb for a deep two count as we go to commercial.
We come back from the break to Sami in control before KO makes his comeback and Sami opts to get counted out for the win.
Winner: Kevin Owens defeats Sami Zayn via count out.
- After the match Kevin and Sami brawl before Kevin gives Sami a stunner.
- We get a backstage promo by newly crowned Intercontinental champion Apollo Crews.
- We go to the ring to the Street Profits who celebrate what they call Take Back Season before celebrating with the newly crowned Smackdown Women's champion Bianca Belair.
- We get backstage interview with former Smackdown Women's champion Sasha Banks as we go to commercial.
Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match
Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode (c) vs Street Profits
Dolph and Angelo kick things off for their respective teams before SP double team Dolph for two as we go to commercial.
We come back from the break to SP in control before Robert hits Angelo with a spine buster and Dolph knocks Montez off of the apron before the champs isolate Angelo. Montez gets the hot tag and drops both Robert and Dolph repeatedly before hitting Robert with a back suplex and a standing moonsault for two before SP take out Dolph. Angelo hits Robert with a spine buster before Montez hits a frog splash for a near fall that Dolph breaks up before Dolph and Angelo spin to the outside and Dolph gets the blind tag. Dolph then hits Montez with the Zig-Zag for the pin and the win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode retain their Smackdown Tag Team titles by defeating Street Profits via pinfall.
- Backstage Cesaro is interviewed ahead of his match against Jey Uso in our main event before we see Roman and company in the locker room as we go to commercial.
Natalya vs Shayna Baszler
Natalya takes Shayna down and goes for a sharpshooter before Nia pulls her out of the ring and Tamina comes over to Nia and Shayna before she goes back to her side and Natty takes Shayna back down. The two grapple on the mat before exchanging wrist locks and Tamina saves Natty from having her elbow stomped into the mat before Nia distracts Natty and Shayna drops her with a knee for two. Natty hits a discus clothesline before Nia distracts Natty again when she's going for a sharpshooter before Natty sends Shayna into the ropes and Shayna stops herself from knocking in Nia. Natty then rolls Shayna up from behind when she's distracted for the pin and the win.
Winner: Natalya defeats Shayna Baszler via pinfall.
- After the match Nia goes to attack Natty, but Tamina saves her and drops Nia before Natty and Tamina leave.
- We get a recap of Cesaro spinning Seth on his shoulders at Wrestlemania before we go backstage to the locker room where Jey cuts a promo to the camera as Roman looks on ahead of his main event match against the aforementioned Cesaro. Roman then speaks to Cesaro through the camera after Jey leaves as we go to commercial.
Jey Uso vs Cesaro
Cesaro hits a tilt-a-whirl back breaker for two before Jey gets his leg caught up on the top rope and Cesaro boots him off of the apron before Jey superkicks Cesaro off of the apron as we go to commercial.
We come back to Jey hitting a Samoan drop for two before focusing on his shoulder and Cesaro counters a suplex into a delayed one of his own before dropkicking Jey off of the top. Cesaro hits an avalanche gut buster suplex for a deep two count before swinging Jey and he's attacked by Seth Rollins for the disqualification.
Winner: Cesaro defeats Jey Uso via disqualification.
- After the match Seth screams at Cesaro from the ramp that it's not over until he says that it's over, indicating that he's not finished with Cesaro until he's victorious as we go off the air.