Good evening Fight Fans,and welcome to our coverage for the final edition of WWE Smackdown on FOX before Money in the Bank this Sunday! We hope you enjoy the show, and stick around afterwards for the post show podcast!
- We open the show with Mandy and Otis backstage where Mandy tells Otis that she's got this and he should focus on the Money in the Bank match before we go to Sonya Deville getting ready before Dolph Ziggler walks up and gives her a pep talk before she leaves. We next cut to the PC where the two competitors make their way out to the ring for tonight's opening match.
Mandy Rose vs Sonya Deville
Mandy goes right after Sonya as soon as the bell rings and beats on her before dropping her with a right hand and punching her in mount before Sonya rolls out of the ring to catch her breath. Sonya takes her time getting back into the ring and boots Mandy before hitting a sliding knee for two before locking in a body scissors and yelling at Mandy before temporarily applying a dragon sleeper. Sonya breaks the hold and tears at Mandy's face and eyes before Mandy comes back with a pair of clotheslines and sends Sonya out of the ring before sending her into the steps. Back in the ring Sonya then rolls Mandy up out of nowhere after countering an attempted knee for the pin and the win.
Winner: Sonya Deville defeats Mandy Rose via pinfall.
- After the match we get a graphic for a face off between the Universal champion Braun Strowman and the challenger for his title at Money in the Bank, Bray Wyatt before we get a graphic for an eight man tag match between The New Day and Lucha House Party against The Forgotten Sons and The Miz and John Morrison up next as we go to commercial.
The New Day & Lucha House Party (Lince Dorado & Gran Metalik) vs The Forgotten Sons (Wesley Blake & Steve Cutler) w/Jaxson Ryker & The Miz & John Morrison
Kofi and Cutler start the match before all eight man get into the ring and exchange before The New Day and LHP clear the ring, LHP and New Day taking turns hitting topes before playing to the camera as we go to commercial. We come back to Big-E in control of Blake before he tags in Kofi who hits a Boom Drop and a missile dropkick into a running splash by E before LHP double up on Blake with several splashes of their own for two. Kofi comes back in and whips Blake into the corner before he accidentally splashes into an empty corner when Blake is pulled out of the way before Miz comes in and stomps Kofi before hitting a PK and tagging in his partner Morrison. John hits a rolling Alabama slam into a sliding knee for two before Cutler comes in and rocks Kofi with a back elbow before choking him in the ropes and Ryker cheap shots Kofi when the referee isn't looking. Kofi then gets sent out of the ring before Blake hits a suicide dive and goes head first into the barricade as we go to commercial.
We come back to TFS and co. in control of Kofi before he sends Cutler and Blake out of the ring and kicks Miz away before John pulls E and LHP off of the apron and sends E into the post. Miz gets the tag to Morrison as Metalik gets the tag on the opposite side and hits a dive into a springboard hurricanrana and a kick before Lince gets the tag and hits a double Golden Rewind. Metalik hits a code red before LHP chain together more offense before hitting a moonsault into a shooting star press for a near fall. TFS hit E with their finisher off of the apron and onto the floor before Blake powerbombs Kofi onto E and everyone hits a move before Lince gets two near falls off of two rolls ups. John then hits a reverse rolling senton before he lands on his feet when he goes for Starship Pain before Lince hits Morrison with a poison hurricanrana and The Miz hits Lince with The Skull Crushing Finale for the pin and the win.
Winner: The Miz, John Morrison and The Forgotten Sons defeat Lucha House Party and The New Day via pinfall.
- After the match we get a graphic for Lacey Evans and Tamina versus Sasha Banks and Bayley as well as Daniel Bryan and Drew Gulak teaming with a mystery opponent against The Artist Collective and Baron Corbin before we go backstage to an interview with Corbin as we go to commercial.
- We come back to Renee Young in the ring before she introduces the returning Jeff Hardy before Jeff talks about one more run in the WWE as we cut to Sheamus watching and commenting from backstage before Sheamus comes out onto the stage. They exchange words before Sheamus gets into the ring and Jeff hits a shotgun dropkick into a Whisper in the Wind and a Twist of Fate into a Swanton Bomb before making his exit as an irate Sheamus gets to his feet and screams at Jeff. We then get a graphic for the Strowman and Wyatt face to face up next as we go to commercial.
- We come back to the PC as the Universal champion Braun Strowman comes out to the ring before Bray comes out and gets into the ring and says that he wishes Braun would have just said he was sorry before Braun tells him that he'll be the one sorry on Sunday. Bray tells Braun that he knows him, knows what he'll say and do and that he knows what's best for him as his creator before Bray tells Braun to come home. Bray says that he can show Braun that he's special just like him and that all he needs is for Braun to drop the belt for him to come home before Braun tells Bray that he doesn't know him and that it will end at Money in the Bank before Bray tells him that it's just beginning before offering him his black sheep's mask. Several of the Firefly Funhouse characters then beg for Braun to come home as Bray starts laughing before Braun tells him that he's home and that he has the Universal championship and that he's going to keep it Sunday. We then get a graphic for the six man tag match before we see Otis backstage before he's joined by Daniel and Drew who try to recruit him before they walk off and talk, a graphic for the women's tag match shown lastly before we go back to commercial.
- We come back to this week's Progressive Match Flo which features a recap of the brawl last week between the four men in the tag match as we go back to the PC for the entrances.
Sasha Banks & Bayley vs Tamina & Lacey Evans
Tamina attacks Sasha and Bayley and sends them out of the ring when they're trying to decide who will start before Bayley gets in and catches Tamina coming in with a back elbow before kicking her away and Tamina slams her to the mat. Tamina hits a running splash in the corner before Bayley jumps on her back and Tamina gets her off before clotheslining Sasha from the apron and Bayley rocks her with a knee before Sasha gets the tag and backs Tamina into the corner. Sasha and Bayley chain together offense and tags, isolating Tamina in their corner and taking turns choking her before she overpowers a double team and Bayley saves Sasha from a Samoan drop. Lacey takes out Sasha before Tamina grabs Bayley and tries to bring her back into the ring by her hair before snapping Tamina's neck in the ropes. Tamina then comes back and sends Bayley to the floor as we go to commercial.
We come back to Lacey in control of Sasha before Bayley distracts her when she goes for a moonsault and Sasha drags her to the corner where she and Bayley drop Lacey with a double back elbow for two. Lacey gets the tag to Tamina who hits a running clothesline to the pair and a running hip attack in the corner to Bayley before she goes for a diving splash and Bayley gets her boots up. Bayley hits Bayley to Belly into a diving elbow drop for a near fall before Sasha saves Bayley and Lacey sends her out of the ring with The Woman's Right. Tamina then superkicks Bayley when she turns around before hitting a Samoan drop for the pin and the win.
Winner: Tamina and Lacey Evans defeat Bayley and Sasha Banks via pinfall.
- From The Web