Welcome to Fightful.com's live coverage & discussion for WWE Smackdown. We'll be bringing you full, fight-by-fight results of every match on the card. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram! Facebook.com/FIGHTFULONLINE and Instagram.com/FIGHTFULONLINE
- The show begins with a recap from last week's WWE Smackdown.
- WWE Announcer Michael Cole welcomes the viewer to Omaha, Nebraska, for WWE Smackdown. Cole introduces his colleague Pat McAfee, and they preview tonight's show.
- The WWE Smackdown Tag-Team Champions The Uso's kick off the show. We get highlights from their match last week against The New Day and announce that Xavier Woods is out indefinitely with a calf injury. They talk about how they respect The New Day, and they talk about The New Day are their most formidable opponent.
Jimmy and Jey Uso talk say there will be a Fatal 4-Way Match and determine a number one contender for the WWE Smackdown Tag-Team Championship. Then, they introduce the four teams rather hilariously mockingly. The four teams will be Los Lotharios, Cesaro and Mansoor, Jinder Mahal and Shanky, and The Viking Raiders. They call for the bell and superkick Mansoor and Arik of The Viking Raiders. Then, they head out for a commercial break.
We return with The Uso's on commentary, and we see Shaky and Mahal double-teaming Arik. Arik makes it over to Ivar for the tag. he takes out Los Lotharios, Cesaro, and Mansoor. Then, the Viking Raiders begin double-teaming Shanky. Jinder Mahal and Cesaro work together to try and hit Ivar with a suplex from the top rope; however, Arik walks over and hits them with a superplex. We head out for another commercial break.
We return with Cesaro getting a hot tag and taking out multiple opponents. Cesaro attempts to swing Ivar; he gets him around once before getting attacked by Jinder Mahal. The Viking Raiders double-team Angel Garza and finish it with a powerslam by Ivar. Ivar pins Garza to get the victory. After the match, The Uso's insult The Viking Raiders.
Winners and Number One Contenders for the WWE Smackdown Tag-Team Titles: The Viking Raiders
- We get a recap from last week's match between Naomi and Charlotte Flair.
- Naomi and Sonya Deville have a backstage segment, and Naomi is still trying to figure out Sonya's problem with her. Naomi threatens Sonya, and Naomi walks away after getting warned. Adam Pearce appears and begins talking to Sonya.
- We see a video of the history featuring the history of Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns.
- Sami Zayn is out and talks about how the conspiracy theories have been going on for too long. First, Zayn talks about Johnny Knoxville and how Knoxville is a part of the conspiracy. Then, Zayn announces that he will be in the Royal Rumble. Sami Zayn says he "will show the world that nobody is a better jackass than Sami Zayn." Sami then announces he will have his own show In-Zayn. They show a ramp near the ring, and he is supposed to fly over the ring in a shopping cart.
Zayn ends up not going through with the jump, Rick Boogs appears, and Zayn notices him, and as he turns around, Shinsuke Nakamura takes him out. Boogs lifts Zayn and throws him onto a pad outside of the ring.
- Aliyah gets interviewed backstage, and Aliyah says she is excited to make her debut and says that she hopes that she does not embarrass herself. Natalya talks about her three Guinness World Records, and tonight she will break the record for the fastest pin.
Aliyah vs. Natalya
The bell has not rung yet, and Natalya attacks Aliyah; the referee says that Aliyah cannot compete tonight after getting beaten down. The announcer tells the crowd that Aliyah cannot compete tonight. Aliyah gets up and tells the referee that she can wrestle, the referee decides to let her wrestle. The bell rings, and Aliyah rolls up Natalya for the quick pin. The new Smackdown ring announcer Samantha Irvin says that Aliyah has the record for the fastest pin.
- We see Adam Pearce and Sonya Deville backstage and say they are surprised by what they just saw. Pearce says that "Natalya brought it on herself."
- We get another highlight video featuring Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns.
- Michael Cole introduces WWE Hall of Famer Lita to the crowd. Lita says, "I am home, and it's about time." Cole asks Lita, "why is she coming back to be in the Royal Rumble." Lita says that "she has one last run in her." After that, Lita says she will "enter the Royal Rumble and beat twenty-nine other competitors to go on and main event Wrestlemania."
Charlotte Flair enters the ring and takes the microphone from Michael Cole. Flair says that she didn't know it was flashback Friday and says she will throw Lita over the top rope to win the Royal Rumble.
Lita says she doesn't know how to throw anyone over the top rope with that big head. The crowd begins to chant, "big head." Flair brings up how she retired Trish Stratus; Lita then hits Charlotte with a Twist of Fate.
- Sheamus is asked about Ridge Holland and says that Ricochet is why Ridge Holland is out with a broken nose. Sheamus says that he will make Ricochet feel the same.
Ricochet vs. Sheamus
The bell rings, and Sheamus takes Ricochet down right away; Sheamus goes for another takedown; however, Ricochet gets away from Sheamus and then drops him with a quick takedown. Ricochet sends Sheamus over the top rope; he hits Sheamus with an over-the-top-rope dive.
Sheamus recovers, trips Ricochet and pulls him out of the ring. Sheamus then pulls up the ring skirt and slingshots Ricochet into the steel bars underneath the ring. Then, they head out for a commercial break.
We return from the break, and Ricochet takes Sheamus down with a springboard. Sheamus goes for an Irish Whip, Sheamus goes for a Brogue Kick, but Ricochet avoids it. Ricochet goes to end it; however, Sheamus moves out of the way and hits Ricochet with a backbreaker.
Sheamus hits Ricochet in the chest with ten heavy shots to his chest. Ricochet hits Sheamus with a sunset flip powerbomb. Ricochet goes for the pin, but Sheamus kicks out at two. Ricochet goes for springboard back elbow; however, Sheamus hits Ricochet with a Brogue Kick and pins him for the victory.
- Naomi has another segment with Sonya Deville, and Adam Pearce is in the room this time. Naomi says she would have beaten Charlotte Flair if it wasn't for Sonya changing the rules on the fly. Pearce agreed with her, which somewhat shocked Sonya. Pearce says that she will get her rematch next week against Flair.
- We get another video package featuring Rollins and Reigns.
- Kofi Kingston announces that he will be in the Royal Rumble. He gets interrupted by Happy Corbin and Madcap Moss. Corbin says he will eliminate Kingston at the Rumble and says that will make him happy, just like how he took out Drew McIntyre. They make a joke about Xavier Woods being out with injury. Kofi says, "that is funny because I considered dropping a royal deuce on your forehead."
Kofi Kingston vs. Madcap Moss ( w/ Happy Corbin)
We return from the commercial break with the match having already started, Kofi takes down Madcap Moss. Kofi is about to go for the Trouble in Paradise; however, Corbin jumps up on the stage and tries to hit Kingston, but Kingston knocks him off the apron. Kofi goes for the Trouble in Paradise again, but Moss counters it into The Punchline, and he pins Kofi for the victory.
Winner: Madcap Moss ( w/ Happy Corbin)
- They officially announce that Naomi will face Charlotte Flair in a Contender's Match next week on Smackdown.
- Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins are in the ring for their face-to-face. Reigns tells Omaha to acknowledge him. Rollins says, "for old time sakes, let's do this." Rollins puts his fist out for The Shield fist bump, and Reigns says that is beneath him now. Rollins says that he has a pretty good record against Reigns; Rollins says he is there to acknowledge him.
Rollins asks him if he did it by himself; he says that The Bloodline helped him. Rollins says he did everything on his own, and he didn't need help. Reigns says to Rollins, "if he wanted to wrestle a big star, I would not have chosen you. I wouldn't have even picked you in your own household. The Uso's enter the ring, and Seth Rollins escapes before getting attacked. The show goes off the air.