Welcome to Fightful.com's live coverage & discussion for WWE Smackdown. We'll be bringing you full, fight-by-fight results of every match on the card. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram! Facebook.com/FIGHTFULONLINE and Instagram.com/FIGHTFULONLINE
- The telecast begins with WWE commentator Michael Cole welcoming the viewer to WWE Smackdown! They are coming to us live from the T-Mobile Center in Kansas City, Missouri. Next, Michael Cole and his colleague Pat McAfee begin going over tonight's card.
- WWE Smackdown Women's Champion Charlotte Flair makes her way to the ring, and the first thing she does is take a shot at Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs. Next, Flair mentions that the Women's Royal Rumble match is most challenging to win. Charlotte says she will win the Royal Rumble and choose who she will challenge at Wrestlemania.
Shayna Baszler interrupts Flair and says she will not hesitate to throw her over the top rope at the Rumble. Now, Aliyah is out and says she will be in the Rumble and go to Wrestlemania.
Now, Natalya and Shotzi interrupt and say how they plan on winning the Rumble. Charlotte says, "enough is enough." Charlotte gets interrupted by a returning Sasha Banks. Banks says she will be in the Rumble, and now everyone in the ring is going at it.
Sheamus and Ridge Holland vs. Ricochet and Cesaro
Before the match, Sheamus gifts a facemask to Ridge Holland to help protect his previously broken nose. Then, Sheamus and Cesaro start the match off; Cesaro gets the best of Sheamus and sends him out of the ring. Cesaro tags in Ricochet as Sheamus tags in Holland. Ricochet takes control of the match quickly because Holland has issues with the mask he just received. Ricochet sends Holland out of the ring; Ricochet then dives over the top rope and takes out Holland again.
We return from the commercial break, with Holland in control of the match and throwing Ricochet around. Ridge hits Ricochet with an excellent shoulder tackle. Holland is stretching out Ricochet, but Ricochet gets out of it and hits Holland with a dive. Sheamus gets tagged in, and so does Cesaro; Cesaro clears the ring. Cesaro does not maintain advantage long as Holland gets the blind tag. Holland hits Cesaro with the Northern Grit and pins Cesaro to victory.
Winner: Sheamus and Ridge Holland
- We get a WWE Royal Rumble "By The Numbers" video.
Naomi vs. Sonya Deville
Before the match, Sonya Deville is telling WWE official Dan Engler how she wants him to call the match. The official says he will call the match "down the middle" to the dismay of Sonya. The bell rings, and Sonya immediately goes to the ropes. Sonya is the first to gain control of the match; however, it does not last long as Naomi takes Sonya down with a head scissors takedown.
Naomi drops Sonya with a dropkick, and Naomi sends Sonya out of the ring. Sonya trips up Naomi from the outside and then drops her with a reverse DDT. They head out for a commercial break.
We return with Sonya nailing Naomi with a spinebuster, Sonya goes for the pin, but Naomi kicks out. Naomi hits Sonya with an enzuigiri and then a stunner. Naomi hits Sonya with a heel kick, and Naomi drops Sonya with a big leg drop. Naomi goes for the pin, but Sonya kicks out. Sonya sends Naomi into the corner turnbuckle hard; Sonya hits Naomi with a DDT variation. Sonya goes after the eye of Naomi as the referee is distracted.
Sonya goes for the quick pin while holding the tights, but Naomi kicks out. Naomi hits the Rear View and then hits Sonya with the split leg moonsault. Finally, Naomi pins Sonya Deville to get the victory. After the match, Naomi is delighted and tells the crowd that she will win the Royal Rumble. Sonya is not happy and then says that she will enter the Rumble.
- Jinder Mahal and Shanky are out for Sami Zayn's In Zayn segment. Zayn says this is a live podcast now and that he is sorry to keep talking about Johnny Knoxville.
Zayn says, "Shanky probably doesn't even know who Johnny Knoxville is." Jinder cuts off Sami and says, "Jackass is huge in India. Shanky says he loves it and mentions one of his favorite scenes from the new film. Rick Bugez and Shinsuke Nakamura interrupts the "live podcast," and Sami gets in the face of Shinsuke. Shinsuke takes out Sami as we go to a commercial break.
Shinsuke Nakamura and Rick Bugez vs. Jinder Mahal and Shanky
We return from the commercial break with the match already in progress. Rick Bugez hits Shanky with a big suplex. Bugez is going over to tag Shinsuke; however, Sami Zayn takes down Shinsuke. Bugez takes out Jinder Mahal and Shanky on his own.
Bugez hits Shanky with the Bugez Cruise and then pins Shanky to win.
Winner: Jinder Mahal and Shanky
- Kayla Braxton interviews The New Day's Kofi Kingston and Big E. Kayla announces that Big E is officially on the Smackdown brand now. Kofi is happy to have Big E with him and that if one member of the new day wins the Royal Rumble, "they all win the Royal Rumble."
- Happy Corbin and Madcap Moss joke about Drew McIntyre and his injured neck.
The New Day vs. Happy Corbin and Madcap Moss
The bell rings, and Big E takes Madcap Moss out with a shoulder tackle. Moss tags in Happy Corbin, Big E tags in Kofi Kingston. Corbin sends Kingston into the corner hard, but soon, Kingston will send Corbin to the outside.
Kingston goes to the top turnbuckle, heads to the top rope, and goes for the big dive, but Moss and Corbin catch him and throw him into the ring post face first.
Big E gets the hot tag and clears the ring; Kofi gets tagged back in. Corbin hits Kingston with a chokeslam and backbreaker combo. Big E is the legal man again, and he hits Moss with Midnight Hour to win.
Winners: The New Day
- Roman Reigns makes his way out to the ring for the last promo before Royal Rumble. Seth Rollins comes out after we return from the commercial break. Roman Reigns tells the Kansas City crowd to acknowledge him. Rollins thanks Reigns for getting him the victory last week.
Roman says that he did it, so he could punch Rollins instead of embarrassing his bloodline. Rollins says that if that is embarrassing his bloodline, then he's done it multiple times.
Rollins goes over their past and how he got Reigns to where he is. Rollins says Reigns has done everything in that ring except beating him when it matters most. Rollins says it's not personal, but he will always love Roman.
Rollins tells Roman that everything he loves is a joke; the show goes off the air with Roman trying to hit Rollins with the Superman Punch. Rollins sees it coming and exits the ring smiling.