Welcome to the Fightful.com live discussion & coverage for the 4/29/2022 edition of WWE Friday Night SmackDown on FOX. We will bring full results and breakdowns for every match and segment on the show. Follow Fightful on Twitter.com/Fightful and Facebook.com/FIGHTFULONLINE
- The broadcast began with Michael Cole and Pat McAfee welcoming the audience to the broadcast, airing from Albany, New York.
Steel Cage Match: Drew McIntyre vs Sami Zayn
The match began with Zayn trying to escape the cage, but McIntyre dropped him from the cage. Zayn tried to climb the cage, but McIntyre threw Zayn to the ring corner and hit him with a chop. McIntyre slammed Zayn's face in the cage twice. On the third attempt of slamming Zayn's face into the cage, Zayn climbed the cage before being sent to the top-rope corner. Zayn and McIntyre brawled in the top rope before Zayn hit an Avalanche sunset bomb before the commercial break.
After the commercial break, Zayn kicked McIntyre's face into the cage multiple times before slamming McIntyre's face into the cage twice. On the third attempt, McIntyre caught the cage and slammed Zayn's face into the cage. McIntyre went to attack Zayn, but Zayn did a side-step and McIntyre collided with the cage. Zayn hit a helluva kick on McIntyre. Zayn tried to climb out of the cage, but McIntyre caught him and slammed him into the cage again. McIntyre hit two overhead suplexes and a neck breaker before doing a kick-up. McIntyre went for the Claymore, but Zayn noticed and started to climb to the cage. Zayn took McIntyre down, which led to McIntyre falling on the top-rope. Zayn continued to climb the cage, but McIntyre caught him and hit him with a Superplex. McIntyre did a kick-up hit the Claymore kick for the pinfall victory.
Winner: Drew McIntyre.
- Backstage, SmackDown Women's Champion, Charlotte Flair said that she does not get humiliated, saying that she will beat Ronda Rousey on the Beat the Clock "I Quit" Challenge, saying that she will make Rousey quit before their "I Quit" Match for the SmackDown Women's Championship on WrestleMania Backlash.
- Happy Corbin welcomed the audience to a new edition of Happy Talk, and stated that it was improved because Madcap Moss was not a part of the show due to his terrible jokes, saying that the only thing funny he did was believe that he could beat Corbin. Corbin stayed that Moss owes him the Andre The Giant Trophy because he made him, saying that he will destroy what he made. Corbin welcomed the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal Trophy, which received an entrance. Corbin requested a sledgehammer, but it was revealed that Madcap Moss was one of the people who brought in the trophy in a disguise. Moss and Corbin brawled in the ring, with Moss hitting a ring-corner spear before launching Corbin to the ring post. Moss was reunited with the Andre the Giant Battle Royale Trophy. Moss is scheduled to wrestle against Corbin on WrestleMania Backlash.
Intercontinental Championship Match
Ricochet (c) vs Shanky (w/ Jinder Mahal)
The match began with Shanky hitting a downward punch to the back of Ricochet. Shanky hit a chop and an elbow strike on Ricochet in the ring corner. Shanky got Ricochet in a modified headlock before hitting a standing elbow drop for a near fall. Ricochet hit an inseguri kick on Ricochet Shanky caught Ricochet in the top rope before hitting an overhead toss on Ricochet. Shanky went for a head-twist headlock before slamming him to the ground. Ricochet evaded Shanky's standing elbow drop, followed by a spring-rope crossbody for a near fall. Ricochet hit another inseguri kick. Ricochet went to the top rope, but Mahal dropped Ricochet from the turnbuckle. Shanky went for a Death-Valley Driver, but Ricochet reversed it into a sunset flip pinfall for the win, retaining the Intercontinental Championship. After the match, Shanky was being run-down by Jinder Mahal, but Mahal left the ring.
Winner & Still Intercontinental Champion: Ricochet
- Backstage, Raquel Rodriguez was interviewed before her SmackDown debut match, saying that she had a butterfly party in her stomach but that she would leave her mark on SmackDown.
Raquel Rodriguez vs Cat Cardoza
The match began with Cat Cardoza (known in the independent wrestling circuit as Leila Grey) attacking Raquel, but Raquel hit a clothesline on Cardoza. Raquel carried Cardoza in one hand before hitting a shoulder tackle on Cardoza. Raquel hit two Fall-away slams on Cardoza before hitting a Spinning Splash. Cardoza slammed Raquel with the top rope. Cardoza hit Raquel with a knee to the face, followed by a rope assisted cravat. Raquel caught Cardoza's pump-kick into a Chingona Bomb for the pinfall victory
Winner: Raquel Rodriguez.
- Ludwig Kaiser called Gunther the example of greatness. Gunther said that respect will be taken by the Ring General.
- The show began with a contract signing for the Tag Team Championship Match, with SmackDown Tag Team Champions, The Usos (Jimmy & Jey Uso), and Raw Tag Team Champions, RKBro (Randy Orton & Riddle). Their match is scheduled for WrestleMania Backlash on 5/8/2022. The contract signing was moderated by WWE Official, Adam Pearce. Jimmy Uso said that they did not have anything to prove to RKBro and Pearce because RKBro were the twos and they were the ones, saying that RKBro will do a whole lot of acknowledging. Riddle stayed that there was no way to tell The Usos apart, which Orton was confused. Orton stated that he could tell Jimmy and Jey because Jey was the right-hand man, while Jimmy was the right-hand bitch. Things broke down as both teams brawled before Roman Reigns and Paul Heyman made their way to the ring to support The Usos, but The Usos attacked RKBro from behind and hit double-superkicks on Orton and hitting a 1-D on Riddle. After Reigns and the Usos attacked Riddle, Drew McIntyre joined the brawl, attacking both Uso brothers. Reigns and McIntyre stared each other down before exchanging punches in the middle of the ring. McIntyre hit an overhead suplex on Reigns, which led to Reigns rolling out of the ring in shock. McIntyre and RKBro stood tall in the ring, while The Bloodline made their way backstage.
- Backstage, Paul Heyman confronted Adam Pearce to discuss that Reigns was not happy in the night. Heyman proposed the Unified Tag Team Championship Match instead be The Bloodline vs RKBro & Drew McIntyre, which Pearce rejected the offer. Heyman said that he will file a complaint to the board of directors, saying that he will make the match whether he wanted to or not.
Naomi (w/ Sasha Banks) vs Natalya (w/ Shayna Baszler).
Prior to the match, it was announced that WWE Women's Tag Team Champions, Sasha Banks and Naomi, will defend the titles against Shayna Baszler and Naomi on the
Baszler did a takedown on Naomi before Naomi did a jumping inseguri kick, followed by a split leg drop for a near fall. Naomi slid under Shayna and went for a bulldog, but Baszler caught her with a german suplex. Baszler got a Kimura Lock on Naomi before hitting a series of bodyshots on Naomi. Naomi hit a rope-assisted Inseguri on Baszler. Baszler went for the Kirafuna Clutch, but Baszler escaped. Naomi rolled up Baszler for the pinfall victory. Natalya attacked Naomi from behind, but Banks came to the ring to make the save. Banks went for a sliding dropkick on Natalya, but Natalya caught Banks in the Sharpshooter. Baszler took down Naomi and stomp on Naomi's elbow.
Winner: Naomi (w/ Sasha Banks).
- Sheamus and Ridge Holland were looking for Butch, with Ridge Holland looking for him in the same spots as Sheamus. Sheamus said that they will welcome The New Day to Fight Night.
Ridge Holland (w/ Sheamus) vs Xavier Woods (w/ Kofi Kingston).
Kofi Kingston asked Ridge and Sheamus where was Butch. Woods said that Shemaus shaking it for The League of Nations, Cesaro in The Bar, and now shaking it for Ridge & Butch so much that they decided to call him Shake-it Sheamus. Woods kicked Ridge in the leg before Ridge sent him to the corner and hit him with a whiplash clothesline. Ridge did a body slam on Woods before stomping Woods in the arms. Ridge hit Woods in the back. Ridge went for a spear in the in-ring corner, but he hit the ring post. Woods hit a tornado DDT before the commercial break.
Ridge hit a tackle on Woods. Woods went for a sunset pin, but Ridge remained standing. Woods hit multiple chops on Ridge, but Ridge hit a headbutt on Woods. Ridge got Woods in a side headlock, but Woods escaped with a chin-breaker. Woods hit a series of chops before sliding under Ridge. Ridge caught Woods with a spike-Spine buster for a near fall. Ridge tried to hit a powerbomb on Woods, but Woods got Ridge with the Backwoods for the pinfall victory. After the match, Sheamus challenged Kofi Kingston to an impromptu match, to which Kingston accepted.
Winner: Xavier Woods (w/ Kofi Kingston).
Kofi Kingston (w/ Xavier Woods) vs Sheamus (w/ Ridge Holland).
The match began with Kofi sending himself and Sheamus over the top-rope with a running cross body. Kofi it a trust-fall onto Sheamus outside. Sheamus went for the 10-Beats of the Bell, but Kofi evaded the offense. Kofi hit an elbow strike on the head of Sheamus. Sheamus hit three consecutive Irish Curse Back breakers before getting Kofi in a camel clutch. Sheamus planted Kofi with a powerslam. Sheamus went for the Brogue Kick, but Kofi reversed with the SOS for a near fall. Kofi went for an Axe handle on Sheamus, but Shemaus caught him with a V-Trigger Knee strike, followed by a Brogue Kick for the pinfall victory. Ridge attacked Woods from behind. Sheamus got a table from under the ring, which led to Ridge Holland hitting a Powerbomb onto the table. New Day vs Sheamus & Ridge Holland in a Tables Match was announced for the 5/6/2022 edition of SmackDown.
Winner: Sheamus (w/ Ridge Holland)
- Lacey Evans continued to tell her life story, saying she got kicked out of her home at the age of 17, becoming a Marine at the age of 19. Evans recalled trying to find her parents on her military Graduation ceremony, but them not showing up. She stayed, she tried to guide her family away from a path of addiction. She said that she was coming for everyone in the locker room.
"I Quit" Beat The Clock Challenge: Ronda Rousey vs Shotzi
The match began with Shotzi and Ronda running around the outside of the ring, but Rousey caught Shotzi in the ring. Shotzi went for a kick, but Rousey evaded and hit a kick of her own. Ronda slammed Shotzi's face to the apron. Rousey hit an underleg German Suplex, followed by a Fisher man's Suplex. Rousey got Shotzi in an ankle lock, making Shotzi say 'I Quit". Rousey won the match in 1:41. Charlotte Flair stayed that her victory against Shotzi, as that will be her last.
Winner: Ronda Rousey (via Submission in 1:41)
Charlotte Flair vs Aliyah.
Aliyah hit an inseguri kick on Flair, but Flair slammed Aliyah to the ground. Aliyah hit a bulldog on Flair. Aliyah went for a crossbody, but Flair evaded and hit Aliyah with a big boot. Flair went for the Figure Four, but Aliyah kicked Flair out of the ring. Flair got the the Figure Eight, but the clock ran down, ending the match in a time-limit draw, with Rousey winning the "I Quit" Beat the Clock Challenge. Flair kicked Drew Gulak with a Big Boot, who was the time keeper for the night, for not ringing the bell despite the fact that Charles Robinson, the referee of the match, was the one in charge to decide the result. Flair hit Gulak with the ring-bell to end the show.
Match Result: Time-Limit Draw
Winner of the "I Quit" Beat The Clock Challenge: Ronda Rousey