Welcome to the Fightful.com live discussion & coverage for the 5/27/2022 edition of WWE Friday Night SmackDown on FOX, live from the Simmons Bank Arena in North Little Rock, Arkansas. We will bring full results and breakdowns for every match and segment on the show. Follow Fightful on Twitter.com/Fightful and Facebook.com/FIGHTFULONLINE
- The broadcast began a video package highlighting the 5/20/2022 edition of SmackDown, specifically the Tag Team Championship Unification Match between RKBro (Randy Orton & Matt Riddle) and The Usos (Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso). The show began with Michael Cole & Pat McAfee welcoming the audience to the show, airing live from the Simmons Bank Arena in North Little Rock, Arkansas.
- The new Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions, The Usos (Jimmy & Jey Uso) came down to the ring to open the show, with a loud reception from the Arkansas crowd. The Usos cut a promo, highlighting that they were the ones. They thank Roman Reigns for the assist in their match. Jey Uso said that on 5/25/2022, it marked the 12th anniversary of The Usos as a team, with thanking the audience for watching them grow in front of them. Jey said the audience was there during their highs and lows, thanking them on behalf of The Usos and their families. The Usos revealed that, after a powerful promo, that they NEVER needed anyone but themselves, bragging about them winning the titles and specifically calling out a innocent small kid wearing a Kevin Owens T-Shirt on blast. Shinsuke Nakamura came down to the ramp, with him and his partner challenging The Usos for a match for the Tag Team Championships. The Usos thought his tag team partner was the injured Rick Boogs, but Nakamura revealed it was Riddle. The Usos, Riddle, and Nakamura brawled in and out of the ring. Riddle and Nakamura stood tall after sending The Usos out of the ring.
- Prior to the Championship Contender's Match, Shotzi complained as to why Raquel is getting an opportunity before the rest of the SmackDown women's locker room. Shayna Baszler and Natalya were motivated by Shotzi's words, with Shotzi asking them what will they do?
- Riddle and Nakamura were interviewed backstage, with Riddle revealing that their team was idea of Randy Orton.
SmackDown Women's Championship Contender's Match
Ronda Rousey (c) vs Raquel Rodriguez
Prior to the match, Aliyah locked Shotzi in the locker room, leaving her alone. The match began with Raquel doing a waste lock take down on Rousey. Rousey went for a arm bar, but reversed it into a pinfall attempt for a near fall. Raquel got Rousey in a back-stretch, but Shayna Baszler came in from behind and hit a chop block, ending the match in a disqualification. Natalya was tossed off the ring by Rousey before the commercial break.
Winner: Raquel Rodriguez (via Disqualification).
Raquel Rodriguez & Ronda Rousey vs Natalya & Shayna Baszler
The match began with Baszler working Raquel's leg, stomping Raquel's ankle and hitting an Ankle breaker on Raquel. Baszler went for another stomp on Raquel, but Raquel kicked Baszler out of the ring. Rousey tagged in and hit a series of arm drags on Rousey. Natalya got Rousey in the Sharpshooter, but Raquel broke the hold by tagging in. Raquel went for the Chingona bomb, but her leg gave out. Raquel did hit the Corkscrew Splash for a near fall. Raquel pushed Baszler on Rousey, but Natalya pulled Rousey out of the ring. Raquel hit the Chingona Bomb, now known as the Tejano Bomb for the pinfall win.
Winners: Raquel Rodriguez & Ronda Rousey.
- Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston were interviewed, asking that they would not announce their mystery tag team partner for the main event. Woods and Kingston said that it could be anyone, from Moon Knight, Reed Richards, and Max Moon (Paul Diamond).
Jinder Mahal & Shanky vs. Los Lotharios (Angel & Humberto)
Prior to the match, Jinder Mahal looked for Shanky backstage. Mhal found Shanky dancing to Jinder's theme song. Los Lotharios danced in front of WWE Ring-announcer Samantha Irvin before Mahal & Shanky made their way to the ring.
Shanky hit a big boot on Humberto. Mahal tagged in, but Humberto hit a tijeras and a dropkick on Mahal. Lotharios hit a double-chop on Mahal. Mahal hit a backdrop on Humberto. Angel hit a sliding dropkick on Mahal. Garza took his pants off on Irvin, which distracted Shanky, though he was hit with a Superkick. This scenario also distracted Mahal, which Humberto took advantage and hit a Bomaye Knee-strike on Mahal for the pinfall win. Shanky danced in front of Sammantha Irvin.
Winners: Los Lotharios (Angel & Humberto).
- Max Dupri reached out to Adam Pearce, who confirmed that his contract was legally binding, making him a SmackDown talent effective immediately. Dupri said that he will start recruitment for his Male Model-Sport Entertainer Agency, telling Pearce he wouldn't make the cut.
- Kevin Owens hosted a special edition of the KO Show, where he was going to interview a member of The Bloodline. It was revealed that the member was Sami Zayn. Owens confronted Zayn about this, saying that Zayn that he looked like a moron parading for The Bloodline. Zayn blasted Owens for that, saying that Owens was a moron for thinking Ezekiel and Elias were two different people. Owens called out The Bloodline, but they did not come to the ring. Zayn pushed Owens in rage before storming off to the back. Owens hit the stunner to two random boys taking down the KO Show set before walking out of the ring.
- There was a Progressive Match Flo video package highlighting the feud between The Brawling Brutes and The New Day.
Ricochet & Drew Gulak vs IMPERIUM (Gunther & Ludwig Kaiser)
The match began with Kaiser and Gulak locking up. Kaiser locked Gulak in a CRAVAT, but Gulak got a rope break. Gunther kicked Gulak's head off the rope, with Kaiser ambushing Guak. Gunther chopped Gulak, who was sent out of the ring before the commercial break. Gunther hit Gulak witn a chop, confronting Ricochet. Ricochet tagged in and hit Tijeras and a spring rope crossbody on Kaiser. Ricochet went for a Death Valley Driver, but Kaiser gouched his eyes. Gulak tagged in, but was hit with an Underhook Suplex by Kaiser. Kaiser hit a running kick to Gulak's damaged chest for the pinfall win. After the match, Kaiser hit another kick to Gulak's chest.
Winners: IMPERIUM (Gunther & Ludwig Kaiser).
- Sami Zayn confronted The Usos, asking them what his role was. Zayn offered them to be an honorary Uce, with The Usos approving the proposal. The Usos went into the Bloodline locker room, with Zayn shouting out Uce for his inclusion.
- There was a video package WWE produced to celebrate Memorial Day. The package focused on honoring veterans and former veterans that have served for the USA Army, Navy, and more.
- The Brawling Brutes cut a promo prior to their match, saying that it did not matter who they brought in as their tag team partner, saying that they would still get a beating from the Brawling Brutes. The New Day (Woods & Kingston) confronted them, with Woods revealing that they found a physical specimen as their tag team partner. Their partner was revealed to be Drew McIntyre, with Butch eager to attack McIntyre.
Drew McIntyre & The New Day (Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods) vs The Brawling Brutes
Ridge hit a suplex on Woods. Kingston hit a top rope dropkick on Ridge. McItyre tagged in and stomped Ridge away. After Butch hit an inseguri kick on Kofi in the corner, Ridge hit a gnarly shoulder tackle on Kingston. Butch hit a running elbow on Kingston. Sheamus tagged in and hit a top-rope knee drop for a near fall. Sheamus went for White Noise, but Kofi reversed it with a DDT. Kingston went for a tag, but Butch & Ridge took down both Woods & Mcintyre. Sheamus hit an Alabama Slam on Kingston for a near fall. Sheamus got Kofi in at axe headlock, but Kofi reversed it to SOS. McIntyre hit a lariat, followed by a neck breaker on Holland. Butch went for a sleeper on McIntyre, but McIntyre tossed him out of the ring. Woods hit a middle rope slide on the outside. Kingston hit a trust fall on Sheamus out of the ring. Ridge went for a powerslam on McIntyre, but McIntyre reversed with a Glasgow's kiss and a Claymore Kick. Wodds hit a top rope elbow drop on Ridge for the pinfall win. McIntyre and New Day danced in the ring to celebrate to end the show.
Winners: Drew McIntyre & The New Day (Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods).