Here's your fight size update for Wednesday, July 21, 2020:
- Ahead of the Olympics, Ric Flair sent Gable Steveson a good luck message. Steveson has show interest in WWE.
“Gable, God dang it kick some ass man! You are coming back with a gold medal, coming to WWE – woo! – looking as only you can look. Next time I see you, you’ll be limousine ridin’ and jet flyin’ Gable Steveson. Woo! An Olympic gold medallist, heavyweight champion of the world! Bring it my friend, we’ll all be watching. Knock ’em dead, my best to you and your Olympic teammates. Go USA! Woo! Go Gable Steveson, my man! Remember it Gable, to be the man – woo! – you’ve gotta beat the man and right now you are the man! Wooooo!”
- The following has been added to Peacock's WWE library:
- The Signature Sounds: Music of the WWE documentary featuring the compositions of Jim Johnston
- The Tommaso Ciampa: Blackheart documentary
- Dusty Rhodes: The American Dream documentary
- The Very Best of WCW Monday Nitro Volume 1 presentation hosted by Diamond Dallas Page
- The Best Moments of 2020 special
- Credit One Bank Launches WWE Summerslam Sweepstakes:
LAS VEGAS – Credit One Bank, proud partner of WWE, is offering fans the chance to attend SummerSlam at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on Saturday, August 21 through their SummerSlam Sweepstakes.
As part of the sweepstakes, 50 lucky winners will receive a pair of tickets to attend SummerSlam. Fans can enter by submitting a pre-qualification request for a WWE Credit Card between July 15 and 31 at UltimateWWECard.com. Existing Credit One Bank card members will receive an email that will provide information on how to enter. Winners will be announced the week of August 9.
“As the Official Credit Card of WWE, we’re excited to bring some lucky fans to SummerSlam at Allegiant Stadium,” said David Herpers, senior vice president of product at Credit One Bank. “There’s nothing quite like experiencing a massive WWE event in-person, especially here in Las Vegas.”
Credit One Bank will also be launching a WrestleMania sweepstakes this fall. More information can be found by visiting CreditOneSweeps.com.
Credit One WWE SummerSlam Sweepstakes 2021: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The sweepstakes is open now and ends on July 31, 2021 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are of 18 years of age or older (19 in AL and NE, 21 in MS). Void where prohibited. For complete Official Rules, including details on how to enter via mail, visit CreditOneSweeps.com/WWESummerSlam. Sponsor: Credit One Bank N.A., 6801 S. Cimarron Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89113.
- Speaking with Sportskeeda, Al Snow discussed how naturally talented William Regal, Chris Benoit, and Finlay are in the ring.
"I wrestled Benoit, I think, on only three different occasions. Every time we did, man we just clicked. I mean it was so physically easy to work with him. It was like a night off because he was so aggressive that I could be as aggressive back and I didn't have to worry about him not knowing what to do. He came from the same generation that I did. And you know, it wasn't an issue. With Regal or Finlay, I could do the same thing. I could get in there and I could be aggressive and there was that give or take. I didn't have to worry that if it wasn't done exactly the way they expected," said Al Snow.
- Speaking with CBS Sports, Big E discussed doing the best with whatever he's given feeling that complaining is a waste of space.
"I suppose there are moments like that where I felt like I can and should be doing a lot more," Big E said. "In the same vain, I really try to focus on controlling what I can. It's a waste of mental energy and emotions to sit up and complain. My perspective has always been, 'Hey man, whatever you're given, do your best with it on a nightly basis.' I've always tried my best to never have that feeling that I made it. Despite being named the greatest tag team of all time and doing so many incredible things with the New Day, for me there was just never a moment where I felt like I made it and it was time to ghost and there will never be. I'll retire one day feeling like I still have more work to put in. For me, I feel like the last couple years I've been ready. Just the outpouring of respect from my peers has really bolstered my confidence to think that, yeah, you know what? I am ready to take that top spot. It feels like now? It's time now. We're here and I'm excited about that."
“He just did it on social media. He’s the man. It was just a joke to mess with Mandy’s boyfriend at the time, Tino Sabbatelli. I mean, not just to mess with him, but it’s like, ‘Hey, do you think if I do this thing on social media where I just ask Mandy to be my girlfriend all the time, that would be super cringy?’ And I’m like, ‘No, dude, that’d be pretty funny, I think.’ He just started doing it and talked to her, and she was like, ‘Oh, I like it. People are into it. Keep doing it. It’s funny,’ and so anytime she posts a pic, he just takes that picture and was like, ‘Oh, Doz’s future girlfriend’ and posts it right. It just started getting over and became a WrestleMania match. Take your shot, baby.”
- Chris Bey wants to wrestle CM Punk.
Give me CM Punk— Chris Bey (@DashingChrisBey) July 21, 2021
- Today, WWE stock closed at $49.59
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.
- Cody Rhodes' Everything But Wrestling - Hufflepuffs Talking Harry Potter w/ Amanda Huber